Cristiano Ronaldo - performances 2017/18

I remember in November, I think he didn’t show up on BBC list of La Liga top scorers. And I said that there’s no way by the end of the season he won’t be either first or second. It took him until mid March. He’s a complete freak of nature.

Because that’s exactly what the Messi brigade will say.

So? Are you incapable of rising to it? I much prefer messi and rate him on a higher tier to Ronaldo, do you see me saying “oh but they were just tap ins”

If you act the way in real life the way you do on here I hope your mates don’t let you get away with it.

So? Are you incapable of rising to it? I much prefer messi and rate him on a higher tier to Ronaldo, do you see me saying “oh but they were just tap ins”

If you act the way in real life the way you do on here I hope your mates don’t let you get away with it.
Wait this post was serious?
Mate feck off. Why do you need to say stuff like that?
:lol: Thought you were taking the piss. Why did Cals comment get this response out of you? And even more, why didn't you rise above it?

If he paced those goals better we'd be fighting barca for the title :(

You don’t personally do it, but I’m sure you know who I’m referring to. Do you not see them do it all the time?

I have no problem with people having their preference, it’s the ones who claim their opinion as fact that I have a problem with.

Wait this post was serious?

:lol: Thought you were taking the piss. Why did Cals comment get this response out of you? And even more, why didn't you rise above it?

Sometimes when reading posts, I try to think what I’d say if they said it in real life and it’s hard to bite the tongue.

Have to admire the mans ability to get under people’s skin. Hates people who state there opinions as fact when two minutes previously he’s stating that Ronaldo’s 4 goals v girona is ending the debate on him being the GOAT :lol:

That time of the season where Ronaldo think, time to score 10000000000000000000 goals to get in the Balon D'Or vote. Seems now like he took first half of La Liga off to focus on CL and now he's like, its Ronaldo time of the season.

You don’t personally do it, but I’m sure you know who I’m referring to. Do you not see them do it all the time?

I have no problem with people having their preference, it’s the ones who claim their opinion as fact that I have a problem with.

If your comments are the kicks then fair enough.

I’d like to see you praising the player in this thread and leaving it at that, and making your way into the messi thread to praise him too. Both deserve it.

17 in his last 8?! Even for him that's impressive.
Not that impressive compared to his peak. There was a time he scored hat trick after hat trick, and down to earth game was when he scored just a goal a game.

Sometimes when reading posts, I try to think what I’d say if they said it in real life and it’s hard to bite the tongue.

Have to admire the mans ability to get under people’s skin. Hates people who state there opinions as fact when two minutes previously he’s stating that Ronaldo’s 4 goals v girona is ending the debate on him being the GOAT :lol:
I even posted that as a question, how is it the same as the ‘if you don’t agree with me you’re an idiot’ that lot normally say?

If your comments are the kicks then fair enough.

I’d like to see you praising the player in this thread and leaving it at that, and making your way into the messi thread to praise him too. Both deserve it.
I don’t go into the Messi thread, have not for ages anyway.

Honest to god, I swear some people said CR7 was having a bad season and was finished.

:lol:

That time of the season where Ronaldo think, time to score 10000000000000000000 goals to get in the Balon D'Or vote. Seems now like he took first half of La Liga off to focus on CL and now he's like, its Ronaldo time of the season.
I think that is due to his age. His body probably can't handle a full season at his maximum, so he has kept it for the six months including the world cup. It leaves Real with a decision to make, as I don't think you can have your key player as a 'passenger' for half a season and still win the league - especially against Barca.

I even posted that as a question, how is it the same as the ‘if you don’t agree with me you’re an idiot’ that lot normally say?

It was a rhetorical question, clearly indicating you believed your opinion should be the absolute.

I don’t go into the Messi thread, have not for ages anyway.
Don't you think it's a little childish that you can't even appreciate Messi's talent because you're so infatuated with Ronaldo?

:lol: He did nothing other than the most important thing that decides games

RONALDO THE GOAT.
LaLiga title winning goals
2997653223.gif

That clutchness
2997653223.gif

If he paced those goals better we'd be fighting barca for the title :(

Barcelona lost 12 points all season, Madrid lost 7 just in games where he wasn't playing. You weren't winning this league no matter how he paced his goals with the form most of the squad started the season and with Barcelona being in great form. Could have been closer and maybe still in somewhat of a fight but you'd fall short anyway.

He scored 16 goals in 22 games from the start fo the season until January so he was still scoring, they just weren't in the league.

Honest to god, I swear some people said CR7 was having a bad season and was finished.

Without being too harsh, those people need the concept of football eradicated from their brains my tommy lee jones and will smith. All they had to do was look what zlatan achieved age 32+, realize Ronaldo is 10 times the player and apply logic.

Barcelona lost 12 points all season, Madrid lost 7 just in games where he wasn't playing. You weren't winning this league no matter how he paced his goals with the form most of the squad started the season and with Barcelona being in great form. Could have been closer and maybe still in somewhat of a fight but you'd fall short anyway.

He scored 16 goals in 22 games from the start fo the season until January so he was still scoring, they just weren't in the league.

Right on the money

It was a rhetorical question, clearly indicating you believed your opinion should be the absolute.
I believe in my opinion but I don’t engage in childish name calling against those who disagree, there’s a clear difference
Don't you think it's a little childish that you can't even appreciate Messi's talent because you're so infatuated with Ronaldo?
I don’t need to witness the circle jerk that’s the Messi thread to appreciate the 2nd best player ever

I think that is due to his age. His body probably can't handle a full season at his maximum, so he has kept it for the six months including the world cup. It leaves Real with a decision to make, as I don't think you can have your key player as a 'passenger' for half a season and still win the league - especially against Barca.

Buy someone to replace him would cost a fortune, and would not assure us more goals, besides he still scores in the champions league, in key games, which is really important for Madrid.
Clearly being half a season without doing anything is a problem but there are more important priorities, such as competition for Benzema and a substitute for Bale, and not depend so much on his goals

@Peyroteo it was a tongue in cheek comment.

But we'd be right there with barca if we beat betis, athletic, celta, villarreal and espanyol(i know cristiano didn't play that game. I'm not talking about cristiano here. Those are all games we should have won. You can swap Espanyol and Celta with Valencia and Levante if you prefer)

I believe in my opinion but I don’t engage in childish name calling against those who disagree, there’s a clear difference

What the feck are you talking about?

Cal- I don’t like people who state their opinions as facts

Also cal- “surely now there’s no debate as to him being the GOAT” <— as close to stating your opinion as fact as it gets

More cal- I don’t engage in childish name calling

You engage in talking utter tripe at times that’s for sure.

Buy someone to replace him would cost a fortune, and would not assure us more goals, besides he still scores in the champions league, in key games, which is really important for Madrid.
Clearly being half a season without doing anything is a problem but there are more important priorities, such as competition for Benzema and a substitute for Bale, and not depend so much on his goals
Fact of the matter is his lack of goals in the first half of the season was inexplicable. It's not like he was playing badly and not getting into good positions and not getting good chances. He just kept missing them for some reason

Didn't watch the game, was it his best performance this season? After all 4 goals, 1 assist and received a 10 at Who Scored.

Fact of the matter is his lack of goals in the first half of the season was inexplicable. It's not like he was playing badly and not getting into good positions and not getting good chances. He just kept missing them for some reason

Maybe this 442 (with Asensio on the left) and he more at the center is good for him (now I do not remember very well if we played like that months ago).
I had many doubts about his ability to be 9, in any case, it can not happen again, we can´t be with la liga lost in November.
Next year Neymar will contribute with 25/30 goals so he will not have so much pressure :D

I don’t need to witness the circle jerk that’s the Messi thread to appreciate the 2nd best player ever
It's this sort of stupidity that turns Messi and Ronaldo discussions in to teenage bitch fests.

Most normal football fans acknowledge both are incredible players. But then there's people like you who are so infatuated you literally take offence when someone praises Messi or criticises Ronaldo.

I would wager that if Ronaldo were to read this thread he'd find you rather creepy. It's not healthy to idolise someone to the level that you do.

Every season it's the same. Every season I imagine Rooney looks back and remembers when he had the same promise, one was an ultra professional and has dominated world football, the other let his body go to pot and now plays for Big Sam.