Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Were there any posts in this thread about the Portugal game that WEREN'T about Ronaldo? What will you talk about after he retires?

Well if the camera is going to be on him 90% of the time what do you expect

It's weird. The guy is an incredible self centered narcisst, most likely a rapist, hangs out with the worst kind of people, his cult is as laughable as it gets and yet I still felt sorry for him when he started crying at half time. He really seems to suffer from some sort of disorder, what a bizarre couple of final years in his career.

I felt sorry for him too. You’d be a cold fish not to. Even though he is such a massive bell end. When footballers reach the end of the road there’s always a deep sense of sadness, which is relatable to anyone else who’s reached that point in their sporting “career”. And that moment felt like a penny finally dropping for him, after kidding himself (and his cultists) that he still had a lot to offer by stat padding in a shite league.

Although it is quite funny how he was comprehensively out-performed on the night by a player who is two years older than him. Pepe seems to be aging better than Ronaldo. That must sting.

Ronaldo's days are numbered as are Pepe's, but Vitinha is one hell of a player !!

I felt sorry for him too. You’d be a cold fish not to. Even though he is such a massive bell end. When footballers reach the end of the road there’s always a deep sense of sadness, which is relatable to anyone else who’s reached that point in their sporting “career”. And that moment felt like a penny finally dropping for him, after kidding himself (and his cultists) that he still had a lot to offer by stat padding in a shite league.

Although it is quite funny how he was comprehensively out-performed on the night by a player who is two years older than him. Pepe seems to be aging better than Ronaldo. That must sting.
I felt sad and cringed when he told the camera "I'm not finished" after his hattrick against Spurs. He needs to accept his decline and move on to management if he wants to feed his appetite for competitiveness in sports.

It's weird. The guy is an incredible self centered narcisst, most likely a rapist, hangs out with the worst kind of people, his cult is as laughable as it gets and yet I still felt sorry for him when he started crying at half time. He really seems to suffer from some sort of disorder, what a bizarre couple of final years in his career.

He really does have a touch of Homelander about him

I think the small margins are trickier to overcome as an attacker. But both are phenomenal exceptions.

Years ago when some chap made a film about Ronaldo he was being interviewed on BBC radio and the presenter asked him about Ronaldo the man as opposed to Ronaldo the footballer. The answer was basically one of concern and he said in a way there is no Ronaldo the man as all is pointed towards Ronaldo the footballer and the guy liked him and was quite concerned about the time when Ronaldo the footballer didn't exist.

That said I felt zero sympathy for the tears.

I know you can only feel a limited amount of sorry for a good looking multi millionaire with a gorgeous wife and healthy kids.

But it was a hard watch. Felt like the moment where he realised that he’s no longer a top level player

I know you can only feel a limited amount of sorry for a good looking multi millionaire with a gorgeous wife and healthy kids.

But it was a hard watch. Felt like the moment where he realised that he’s no longer a top level player
Yeah, that moment changed my opinion of him, and perhaps huge celebrities in general. It's not really uncommon for them to go off the rails and it's almost impossible for them to be normal, whatever normal is. As much I don't like his theatrics, realistically I could never understand what's going through his head. To constantly be under that much scrutiny, combined with the excess adoration and hatred, I can't even imagine.

He must have feared his international career was over when that first penalty was missed. At this point I hope he can find a way to make peace when his incredible career comes to an end. Not many at the very top manage to do it.

He really seems to suffer from some sort of disorder,
No doubt in my mind he does. Which is what makes me worry for him when he's forced to call it quits. He was talking about the 2026 world cup the other day.

Very well said and I completely relate to this.
It looked like Ronaldo and the rest of the Portuguese team were trying too hard to help him score.
Lots of floated crosses which were either too high or off target.

Ronaldo is obviously a very focused athlete who, it appears to me, puts massive pressure on himself.
But at times during matches, looks more like Walking Football.

Despite the messy end at OT, I have enjoyed witnessing a true great of the game. And I hope he manages to find something meaningful after he finishes.

Very good piece but it seems like the Portuguese players don't actually mind.

It’s impossible to know what they think. But they have some excellent players on the bench, watching Ronaldo trundle round the pitch. I’m sure they’d be happier if the roles were reversed. And there must be at least some other players in the starting lineup who would feel the same.

Very good piece but it seems like the Portuguese players don't actually mind.
I think the majority of the players have just accepted its the Ronaldo show.

They're doing thier part ie constantly looking at setting him up.
It's all on Ronaldo to do something about it.

I'd say they do. They're also elite sportsmen.

I think it’s more of a case of not knowing what’s good for them, was very much that case with Bruno when Ronaldo was here when he completely deferred to him at detriment to his own game. Bruno understandably adores him and would have grown up watching him so he will speak highly of him while not noticing what happens on the pitch when they’re together.

I think it’s more of a case of not knowing what’s good for them, was very much that case with Bruno when Ronaldo was here when he completely deferred to him at detriment to his own game. Bruno understandably adores him and would have grown up watching him so he will speak highly of him while not noticing what happens on the pitch when they’re together.

Saps.

Some of the criticism is over the top and people have become psychologists without even without speaking to the man :lol:, sure he has a big ego but that's no different to any elite sportsman. Whilst Ronaldo deserves criticism for his performances (deservedly) making personal digs is a whole new level obsession/hate.

What I saw is guy who thought he lost the game for his team (likely in his last tournament for his country) and was really emotional about it. Whilst I understand it's not a normal reaction to have during the game it's understandable (and isn't the first to do it) . Some sportsmen are really emotional and cry whether win or losing, Roger Federer used to this too. The strange thing about it was the penalty wasn't even a bad one, it was just an incredible save.

Last edited:
There are no reputable news sources any longer. BBC most definitely included.
txYhjn.gif

I'd say they do. They're also elite sportsmen.
It’s impossible to know what they think. But they have some excellent players on the bench, watching Ronaldo trundle round the pitch. I’m sure they’d be happier if the roles were reversed. And there must be at least some other players in the starting lineup who would feel the same.
I think the majority of the players have just accepted its the Ronaldo show.

They're doing thier part ie constantly looking at setting him up.
It's all on Ronaldo to do something about it.
Yeah don't disagree with anything above, albeit we'd have sure heard some discontent from the camp? But yeah, he probably just wields too much influence and power (& Mendes) in the PFA.

Yeah don't disagree with anything above, albeit we'd have sure heard some discontent from the camp? But yeah, he probably just wields too much influence and power (& Mendes) in the PFA.

Yeah, all so weird.

Some of the criticism is over the top and people have become psychologists without even without speaking to the man :lol:, sure he has a big ego but that's no different to any elite sportsman. Whilst Ronaldo deserves criticism for his performances (deservedly) making personal digs is a whole new level obsession/hate.

What I saw is guy who thought he lost the game for his team (likely in his last tournament for his country) and was really emotional about it. Whilst I understand it's not a normal reaction to have during the game it's understandable (and isn't the first to do it) . Some sportsmen are really emotional and cry whether win or losing, Roger Federer used to this too. The strange thing about it was the penalty wasn't even a bad one, it was just an incredible save.

I don’t think I’ve seen another professional footballer burst into tears during a match since Gazza. And we all know that Gazza’s mental health has always been dodgy. It was definitely an extremely unusual thing to do. Even more so from someone who has positioned himself as their main man. Keep yourself together until the final whistle ffs. I felt for him at the time but it was genuinely pathetic behaviour (in every sense of the word)

EDIT: Actually, there’s been a bunch of them who cried when injured. A recurrence of a long term serious injury. Stuff like that. Which is understandable. Not missing a fecking penalty though!

I don’t think I’ve seen another professional footballer burst into tears during a match since Gazza. And we all know that Gazza’s mental health has always been dodgy. It was definitely an extremely unusual thing to do. Even more so from someone who has positioned himself as their main man. Keep yourself together until the final whistle ffs. I felt for him at the time but it was genuinely pathetic behaviour (in every sense of the word)

It's literally that simple.

I still think the hair of god was a greater low than anything that has happened at this Euro. What was weirder about was the whole team and Portugese FA being desperate to claim it for Ronaldo. It just so incredibly petty.

Always thought that his power lies on the amount of botox in his system. Once the botox fades so does his power. Sad but true. It is the case of a 40 y.o not being receptive to botulinum toxin anymore. That's why when you see male models, once they get near 40 their not hot anymore.

EDIT: Actually, there’s been a bunch of them who cried when injured. A recurrence of a long term serious injury. Stuff like that. Which is understandable. Not missing a fecking penalty though!

I said the same during the match but @antk pointed out this one Jose Gimenez

He knew he was going to be knocked out. Ronaldo was still at a draw at the time he was crying.

I felt sorry for him a second.. then realised the game was far from over, they were not out yet. They were still very much the team creating the chances.. It made me realise his crocodile tears were not because they could go out,, but more that it will be end of his tournament and he failed to score a goal.

I hope portugal go all the way for Bruno's sake, but i said before the game started "I hope Ronaldo scores early in this, as the longer he goes without a goal, he'll get more and petulant and more greedy, and affect the whole team, as he'll just be shooting every time he gets the ball". We could see that happening, Portugal have quality and players all over the pitch yet, they tried to feed it all only via Ronaldo the more the game went on. It really does take away from the rest of the squad at times.

Im amazed no one took the ball off him after some of those free kicks. its not often you get that many FK in positions like that, wasted over and over again

There have been plenty of sportsmen who cried on the field not just footballers. Thing is it's not any normal penalty, if Ronaldo misses that say in the 30th minute it's highly unlikely he would have reacted like that. What I'm saying the circumstances are a lot different for this one (extra time and a chance they lose because of it) and I understand why he would be so emotional about it. And to be fair he did keep it together, to step up first in the shoot out and score a near perfect penalty takes some guts, I was kind of expecting him to miss it.