Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Can someone explain to me what this cult thing is all about? Not in the stands but the rest of the team basically sacrificing themselves to just let Ronaldo score a goal?!

They were so distraught and furious at Ronaldo getting dropped at the last World cup they won that game 6-1 so it's a load of nonsense imo. Santos would've been asked to leave end of that tournament regardless as he'd been in charge 8 years so natural point to make a change.

Portugal are really throwing away the chance to win a tournament here with what we've seen tonight.

His last half season here before he left in disgrace was the same.

One particular game in the Europa League we spent the entire game trying to set him up to score and he blew chance after chance. Almost cost us the game.

Now we know that the dude that made his first sculpture was from the future

:lol:

44278679_605.jpg

Who is going to create that meme?

Jokes aside, his pen that Oblak saved was pretty decent. He was also dangerous on freekicks. That first one was a rocket.

One critical thing I'll say is that his heading looks crocked. They should stop crossing to him.

He’s too wasteful and has been for Portugal for a while. Nor does he offer enough outside of goal scoring. It’s a huge opportunity cost. Those wasted opportunities could go to someone who would be more decisive. It’s been the same for the last 2-3 tournaments.

All that being said, I'm a Cristiano fan. So there's no schadenfreude on my part. But I do find that photo hilarious.

:lol: God you're pathetic

I'm not the one laughing and crowing at a football player missing a penalty. Only to end up having to watch the same player score in the shoot out and going through to the next round.

I'm not the one laughing and crowing at a football player missing a penalty. Only to end up having to watch the same player score in the shoot out and going through to the next round.
Yeh sure mate :lol: as I said, pathetic.

Can someone explain to me what this cult thing is all about? Not in the stands but the rest of the team basically sacrificing themselves to just let Ronaldo score a goal?!

Another poster called it earlier, he’s such a huge personality that his moods affect everyone else in his orbit. Just as with his final months here, the players desperately want to lift that storm cloud around them, and this leads to them focusing more on making Ronaldo happy (by getting him a goal), rather than anything else.
I’m sure subconsciously they understand that Ronaldo is going to play regardless and it’s therefore in their best interest to make him, and thus, the camp, happy.

Thing is, I don’t he was terrible tonight, he just didn’t play anywhere near well enough to still warrant being on the pitch in the second half.

Add to that his leadership is terrible, attitude stinks and completely fell apart after the penalty miss, then it’s fairly obvious he’s just baggage.

If he must be involved I think it would be much better if you’re bringing him on towards the end of a game (you know, like most 39 year old forwards would be limited to at most) than playing him 120 minutes.

The fact that Martinez is too afraid too bench him is just criminal. Santos proved at WC 2022 that the team is just better without him but it cost him his job. Portugal with Ronaldo is just a mediocre team.

Ronaldo keeping up the goals in the Saudi league tells you all you need to know about the quality of the league

Can't stay in this thread man. The coping is on another level. Haven't seen anything like that. Incredible.

The fact that Martinez is too afraid too bench him is just criminal. Santos proved at WC 2022 that the team is just better without him but it cost him his job. Portugal with Ronaldo is just a mediocre team.

Ronaldo keeping up the goals in the Saudi league tells you all you need to know about the quality of the league

Santos lost his job because they couldn’t get past Morocco without Ronaldo on the pitch. Also that version of Ronaldo was pretty bad and out of touch. Ronaldo hasn’t played badly at all in this tournament and looks better than most strikers. Dont understand why people have to come up with stupid analogies to justify their hate.

Can't stay in this thread man. The coping is on another level. Haven't seen anything like that. Incredible.

Are you so blinded by your hatred for Ronaldo? He missed a pen, then scored in the shoot out and Portugal ended up going through. Since you have named yourself after Mourinho I'd expect you to understand that the final result is the only thing that matters in football. If Portugal had crashed out because of his miss all this gloating would have been rational.

I don’t think he’s been particularly bad, but man he’s such an attention w.
He reminds me of Maradona with all the gestures. He just doesn’t play like Maradona, that’s the problem.
Portugal are hopeless if they keep playing him for the entire matches. Right now he’s only useful to attack crosses to the box. I would play him if I was desperate for a goal.

Santos lost his job because they couldn’t get past Morocco without Ronaldo on the pitch. Also that version of Ronaldo was pretty bad and out of touch. Ronaldo hasn’t played badly at all in this tournament and looks better than most strikers. Dont understand why people have to come up with stupid analogies to justify their hate.

He is definitely better than most strikers with 0 goals in 4 games, a penalty miss and sub-6/10 ratings in most games :lol:

They were so distraught and furious at Ronaldo getting dropped at the last World cup they won that game 6-1 so it's a load of nonsense imo. Santos would've been asked to leave end of that tournament regardless as he'd been in charge 8 years so natural point to make a change.

Portugal are really throwing away the chance to win a tournament here with what we've seen tonight.

They did that when they hired Martinez.

It's weird that he still takes so many free kicks from terrible positions. Somehow I thought he had stopped that while he was at Juve when it became too absurd.

Was glad he scored, felt sorry for him after the missed penalty. Thought his post match interview wasn't narcisstic at all, though he definitely has such tendencies. Still worth remembering that if he has such a disorder, he's suffering himself from it.

Yeh sure mate :lol: as I said, pathetic.

I don't get that. @SirAF usually just cheers for a player he likes and even though he reads lots of negative stufd about him, he never really engages in stupid discussions and leaves people with different opinions in peace. There's no reason to attack him.

Are you so blinded by your hatred for Ronaldo? He missed a pen, then scored in the shoot out and Portugal ended up going through. Since you have named yourself after Mourinho I'd expect you to understand that the final result is the only thing that matters in football. If Portugal had crashed out because of his miss all this gloating would have been rational.
No, you got it wrong, probably because i worded it poorly. I like Ronaldo and i wasn't gloating. I just wanted to say that it's impossible atm. Atmosphere is too toxic. Moreover kicking someone when he's down is never ever a good look.

I like your style, sorry no problem whatsoever.

This is the CR thread, with all puns and trolling, yet the one that trully played AWUFUL was Sesko, not just his clear chance, the whole game.

He needs more therapy with Jordan Peterson.

I'm sorry but Ronaldo does not look better than most strikers. He's slow as balls and lacks tenacity. The pure killer instinct is gone you can see it in the late chance he missed which wouldve 110% gone in years ago. Not to mention the first penalty. You are simply fan boying living off nostalgia

Also Spain could not get past this Morocco so no shame there

It's weird that he still takes so many free kicks from terrible positions. Somehow I thought he had stopped that while he was at Juve when it became too absurd.

He has taken 60 free-kicks now in major tournaments and scored 1, it's a pathetic record and only someone of his arrogance would even accept taking free-kicks with that strike rate. 99% of players would have the humility to give it to someone else.

He hasn’t been good pal.