Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Sad that his career (not counting the semi-pro Saudi pro league) is ending like this, with the world seeing a player who is a shadow of himself, perpetually frustrated and angry on the pitch. No one to blame but himself.

Well that's clearly not true, Ronaldo scored all types of goals not only tap ins, whether it's with either foot or the head.

Edit : just seen the team you support, it all makes sense now.

Since 2009 there is no comparison at all … Messi is years a head & no one loves the beautiful game would argue about the fact that Messi is the goat or at least a top 2-3 all time

cristiano is a good player skills wise lets say until 2013 since then he turned to be a striker and nothing more even those stats of assists proves that numbers can lie because most of it are simple passes or crosses

nothing amazing or genius about it ….
If it wasn’t for daddy Perez & real madrid …. Ronaldo would be compared to bale rooney aguero ibra #factos

Since 2009 there is no comparison at all … Messi is years a head & no one loves the beautiful game would argue about the fact that Messi is the goat or at least a top 2-3 all time

cristiano is a good player skills wise lets say until 2013 since then he turned to be a striker and nothing more even those stats of assists proves that numbers can lie because most of it are simple passes or crosses

nothing amazing or genius about it ….
If it wasn’t for daddy Perez & real madrid …. Ronaldo would be compared to bale rooney aguero ibra #factos
No one mentioned Messi. You sound like another obsessed barca fan.

Portugal are going to suffer if they keep picking Ron old o.

They really can't justify picking him over Ramos or Jota.

Sad that his career (not counting the semi-pro Saudi pro league) is ending like this, with the world seeing a player who is a shadow of himself, perpetually frustrated and angry on the pitch. No one to blame but himself.

Very well said.
Yes he was captain of the Portuguese team.
But having watched him at his devastating best and seeing him at walking pace for the majority of the game, I think like you.
Why?

That video someone put up of him a few months back throwing a fit and screaming "I'm Cristiano!" to all of the fans chanting "Messi! Messi!" made for very sad watching.

He seems incredibly thin skinned and fragile these days.

Last night just confirms why he would be a cancer at any club side that plays in a serious league. So obsessed with personal stats he’s incapable of accepting the sort of squad rotation that any manager would expect from any player, never mind someone pushing 40. And we’ve already seen at Manchester United what happens if a manager tries to take him on for the good of the team.

So Ronaldo 14 goals in 27 matches.

Platini: 9 goals in 5 matches where he won it and he wasn't even forward or a striker.

That video someone put up of him a few months back throwing a fit and screaming "I'm Cristiano!" to all of the fans chanting "Messi! Messi!" made for very sad watching.

He seems incredibly thin skinned and fragile these days.

Brought it upon himself by letting on how much Messi bothered him. If he was genuinely always like 'yep great player, I love watching him' and didn't have an ego the size of the moon people wouldn't latch onto that.

So Ronaldo 14 goals in 27 matches.

Platini: 9 goals in 5 matches where he won it and he wasn't even forward or a striker.

Yeah Euros historical stats are a joke really as players are playing several times more games than players in the past. One thing I’ve always liked about World Cup stats was the number of games in a tournament has been fairly consistent throughout, so allows you to compare across eras. Euros there’s not much point comparing a tournament with 2 games to a tournament with 7.

I admire Ronnie's will to power through his decline just to hit the 1000 goals target. Most people would rather retire or fall into depression if forced to go through such a marked regression (of mind is willing, body is not). In this case his huge ego is a double-edged sword.

At least he isn't doing an Ali and destroying his body just to earn some money. History will look back fondly on his contributions to football.

I think Antony Starr gets most of his inspiration from Cristiano when he portraits Homelander in the Boys......

Brought it upon himself by letting on how much Messi bothered him. If he was genuinely always like 'yep great player, I love watching him' and didn't have an ego the size of the moon people wouldn't latch onto that.
Exactly. He's his own worst enemy.

He reminded me of a kid throwing a tantrum in a CoD lobby because someone was better than him.

There's every chance he's going to keep on whinging and taking up space for Portugal up to 2026, especially if someone like Martinez stays "in charge".

Top professional, I wish more of our players had his desire. Player of the tournament for me so far, even though he's not played well (by his standards - walks into any team in the PL/Euros).

Top professional, I wish more of our players had his desire. Player of the tournament for me so far, even though he's not played well (by his standards - walks into any team in the PL/Euros).

How does a player become "player of the tournament" without playing well?

You cant even blame him though. He's 40 soon. He needs to take a chill pill and realize age for what it is. There's no shame for not doing what he's done years ago anymore.

Last edited:
How does a player become "player of the tournament" without playing well?

Its a pr thing. Since he's never won one despite having played more tournaments than anyone else, he's well due.

Isn’t that why he is playing in the Saudi league because no top champions league team wanted him?

So I doubt he walks into any PL/Euro team.

The way he came off early and handed the captaincy to another player without fuss was pure statesmanship
We have enough weird fanboys walking around to not add trolls to them. Please stop.

The way he came off early and handed the captaincy to another player without fuss was pure statesmanship

He never makes it polemic. He never makes it all about him. The only thing he cares about is his country and instagram followers.