Cody Gakpo

He's only had a few outings, and has also joined at a pretty shitty time. Luis Diaz joined last year when Liverpool were flying, yet we haven't seen him play much during this downfall. Really hard to judge players when the whole team look shite

It’s incredible how fast this guy is being judged - even by Caf standards.
The ones almost wanting him to fail are the same people who wanted him to sign for United. At this point it’s an obsession. That being said, unless he has a sudden rise in ability I don’t see him being anything more than just a good player. Which is fine but probably not what Liverpool would want. There’s a few of examples of forwards that have tore that league up move to England and end up rather average, Alfonso Alves and Kezman come to mind straight away. He himself has similar stats to Depay.

I would look at the previous posts of whoever it is you’re talking about. I would imagine they are saying exactly what they said before he joined Liverpool and what most football fans who have watched Gakpo outside of the Erdevisie (CL and for Holland) have said:-

the guy doesn’t seem to get into games…doesn’t seem to do much when he actually does…but still ends up with goals and assists…he is a mystery! now Until he starts scoring and assisting for Liverpool, he is not a mystery - just a player that doesnt seem to get into games and doesn’t seem to do much when he actually does.

Huge gulf between Rashford and Martial though. One is arguably amongst the top ten fastest in the league, and the other guy is French.

What the hell? When one of the fastest in premier league history was French, in Henry.

I’ve watched him for Holland and PSV and didn’t ever get what the fuss was. I was glad Utd didnt sign him.
I would look at the previous posts of whoever it is you’re talking about. I would imagine they are saying exactly what they said before he joined Liverpool and what most football fans who have watched Gakpo outside of the Erdevisie (CL and for Holland) have said:-

the guy doesn’t seem to get into games…doesn’t seem to do much when he actually does…but still ends up with goals and assists…he is a mystery! now Until he starts scoring and assisting for Liverpool, he is not a mystery - just a player that doesnt seem to get into games and doesn’t seem to do much when he actually does.

Yeah, I get all that, and hope you are right that Liverpool have bought an underwhelming player.

It's just that we are four games into his time in the Premier League, he is 23 and he is playing for a malfunctioning team.

Some of us simply thought he was quite an average player, who scored a few in a World cup.

There were many ramming it down our throats that we'd "missed out" and suchlike.

The truth is he won't be a starter for them when they get their injury boys back.

Meh. He’s looked bang average every time I’ve actually watched him play. Stats looked good in Eredivise but that means feck all really. Early days but looks like another bullet dodged along with Nunez, about time these cnuts signed a few duds, they’ve had hit after hit these last few years.

There’s a reason he only cost £44m which is nothing for a striker..

What made him stand out in Holland was his goalscoring, he's seems a very decent finisher.
However, he won't get the time and space to finish like he did in Holland, and apart from that, he has no other outstanding features.

He's not a natural striker to hold the ball up, he's not exceptional quick or tricky to be a wide player in this league, he's good but not great in link up and technique, he doesn't play with any real intensity on or off the ball

We were linked back last year so I kept an eye on him in Europa League games Vs Leicester and Rangers and he was ineffective in all. His best game I watched was vs us this season in Eindhoven, but we made a few changes and it wasn't a must win game for us and even then he struggled to stay onside.

I just don't think he's a Klopp player, if you think a Klopp player is the likes of Salah or Mane. When I compared him to someone like Mudryk it's night and day I'm afraid.

What the hell? When one of the fastest in premier league history was French, in Henry.
Heard a rumour that a guy called Mbappe is also quite fast. Even ex-United players like Evra, Silvestre, Obertan and obviously Blanc were all electric.

It was a joke mate. But Martial isn’t close to Rashford in a foot race. Arguably quicker off the mark and more agile, but when did he even engage in a foot race last?

Henry definitely up there with the fastest all time PL players.

Heard a rumour that a guy called Mbappe is also quite fast. Even ex-United players like Evra, Silvestre, Obertan and obviously Blanc were all electric.

It was a joke mate. But Martial isn’t close to Rashford in a foot race. Arguably quicker off the mark and more agile, but when did he even engage in a foot race last?

Henry definitely up there with the fastest all time PL players.

Yep. Comparing Rashy to Martial is as senseless as comparing Antony to Sancho. Though I have seen a few seem to do the latter!

All four are completely different players. Sancho and Antony are very different as players to me.

Yep very different styles and paces.
In a foot race It'd definitely be Rashy first and Sancho last. This version of Martial would surely be behind Antony too. Hard to tell if we've seen him even remotely fit this season though.

Yep very different styles and paces.
In a foot race It'd definitely be Rashy first and Sancho last. This version of Martial would surely be behind Antony too. Hard to tell if we've seen him even remotely fit this season though.
Agree with this. Even at his best though, Martial didn’t take on defenders in a straight race. He would twist and turn, accelerate and keep the ball so close to his feet it made them both dizzy and apprehensive.

Rashford is the opposite. Often too direct always going at full speed.

OF COURSE, it is too early, but given he was heading our way, I try to watch Gakpo at Liverpool, and I will say so far I am not heartbroken he went to Liverpool. Hope it continues the same way :)

Looks like Pool have found their own Sancho/Antony. Wingers with no pace do not work in this league.

Looks like Pool have found their own Sancho/Antony. Wingers with no pace do not work in this league.
Hm, not cool. We freely trash Liverpool players, even if prematurely it is fair game because they are Liverpool players. We do not trash two of our own in return.

Saw this one. His shooting and end product were very wasteful, not showing the composure he had at the world cup

Too early to write off, but he does look more like a Kuyt than a Torres type signing for them.

Difference is, he cost them less than half what Antony did and half what Sancho did. There are levels to shite here. We’ve reached the pinnacle. They’re only at the half way point.

Why you obsessed with the price United pay and Antony. Every thread you appear in piping up :lol:

because he does feck all as usual. In him and sancho, we have two wingers who can’t beat their man to save their lives. The shit cnuts.
Yeah couldn’t stand the number of stupid cnuts wanting us to splash that on him ffs. There’s a reason why no one from the Dutch league has gone for that amount before and this fraud defo shouldn’t have been the first.
At least Dan James had fecking pace and could use that to beat his man. What does this cnut do? Spin on the spot in acres of space? Only we could spunk near enough €180m euros on two wingers/wide forwards in Antony and Sancho, who can’t do the basics properly. Beat a man ffs, put in a decent cross ffs. We’re not asking for much, when for the fees they came with, we should be demanding world class performances week in week out.
It's the Antony transfer that makes me question it.
Even in Antony’s highlight reel he never looked particularly rapid, similar to sancho. I never got why idiots on here were wanking over him and demanding the club pay whatever Ajax asked for him. Ditto Sancho.

Case in point. All from the past 24 hours or so.

Obsessed much.

Never buy a player off a World Cup performance, somebody should have told them.

He barely looked up to much at the world cup. He got a couple goals but none of his performances really stood out, nor did any of his qualities stand out.