Cody Gakpo

Think the caf is being a bit harsh on him (I understand why, feck him etc). He's a leftwinger, not a striker. Even in the Eredivisie when Roger Schmidt tried him in the centre he was cack. At the world cup, goals aside, he was also shite.

I was actually sort of impressed with his hold up play in the last match, since I though he'd be far worse, but he will never ever make ot as a striker at Liverpool. Also not convinced he can make it at his natural position, but he's a good player. Not as awful as the caf now claims.

Still think Sinisterra will be better than both him and Antony. No Im not biased feck you all.

Think the caf is being a bit harsh on him (I understand why, feck him etc). He's a leftwinger, not a striker. Even in the Eredivisie when Roger Schmidt tried him in the centre he was cack. At the world cup, goals aside, he was also shite.

I was actually sort of impressed with his hold up play in the last match, since I though he'd be far worse, but he will never ever make ot as a striker at Liverpool. Also not convinced he can make it at his natural position, but he's a good player. Not as awful as the caf now claims.

Still think Sinisterra will be better than both him and Antony. No Im not biased feck you all.

I thought Gakpo played his role very well yesterday. He's a big reason we won and Wolves didn't tear through us like everyone has recently. The contrast was stark when Salah replaced him on 75 minutes in the same position and proceeded to give Wolves possession time and time again.

Two things I noticed. He's fecking huge, and strong. Second thing, he's fecking slow - the extreme opposite of Nunez. But, unlike Nunez, he has a very good touch and some nice tricks and flicks which were calculated and often paid off. He could do a Firmino, but with maybe (hopefully) more goals.

Watched him in the world cup for all the matches and didn't want us to sign him. For all the mocking Darwin receives he atleast looks threatening and has the ability to be in position for clear cut chances.

However Gakpo looks very raw. He does not ever look to be in control of the ball when running with it, he is not very skillful or very fast. He has a good shot on him and appears to be a good finisher though. But he does not seem involved in the match.

I would always prefer players who are involved and does not shy away from responsibility like Bruno, no matter how much we are critical of him, he always shows up for passes and never lets his head drop.

Gakpo appears to be the player who would be invisible if the team is under the cosh. He would not be the one taking ball under pressure and going past 2 players just to get the team up the field and releasing pressure. He will just hide and drift away from the match.

We need players with personality and attitude which he is clearly not.

I've seen enough, he's a dud. Looks uninterested and passive which is okay in the Eredivisie, but he will get feck all done across the pond.

It's obviously far too early to write him off but he's made a very underwhelming start and if we'd signed him and he'd started like this the Caf would be in meltdown pankicking about shite he's looked.

It's obviously far too early to write him off but he's made a very underwhelming start and if we'd signed him and he'd started like this the Caf would be in meltdown pankicking about shite he's looked.

Agreed. Honestly, his performances are not that different from what we saw at the World Cup.

Against weaker defences, with time and space to operate, he will bag goals. However, there's a step up between the Dutch league (and the bulk of international football) and the Premier League.

He was never going to be the solution for us at centre-forward. With Rashford, Garnacho and Sancho as options off the left, there was no reason to go in for him.

Never buy a player off a World Cup performance, somebody should have told them.

Didnt look up to much in the world cup outside of his goals. Doesnt get himself about like you'd want for someone in his position.

One of my main reservations about him was how easily he was marked out of the crunch games during the WC, seems to be the case since his move to Liverpool.

Joke is only on those who saw his stats and convinced themselves Ten Haag wanted to play him as a center forward. As if we didn't have enough square peg-round hole problems as a club.

He is what he is. Good player, maybe very good in the Dutch league, but one who isn't flashy, but with some unique skillset, like crossing, shooting and decent final third passing. There are several of them littered around Europe that the mass hysteria about missing out on him wasn't justified. Especially since we had a faster, more agile version of him in Rashford already at the club.

I never wanted him unlike Nunez so I feel absolved to keep claiming he’s shite. Decision making today absolutely abysmal

Never buy a player off a World Cup performance, somebody should have told them.
Or any major tournament for that matter - seems they've got their new version of Milan Baros

For Nunez you can say (hope if you are Pool fan) that he will get decent amount of goals at least. Gakpo will be a complete flop. Guy doesn't standout in anything

Never got the hype on here. Certainly doesn't look like the CF saviour many thought he could be for us so far.

Gakpo and Nunez don't look great but give them a full season...Liverpool are a mess currently so it was never going to easy for Gakpo coming in January.

The real problem for Gakpo is he isn't a starter when everyone is fit, so come next season, when he is settled, he might be benched anyway.

Some players you know you've really missed out on someone quality, like Hazard or Robben back in the day.
This guy? Never suited us, so the talk of us being gazumped was hilarious.

He'll be a squaddie there anyway when their injured boys are back.

Gangly, unconfident ,physically frail and raw.
This one is going to be a 'project' for Liverpool.

We were never after Gakpo, when we have Antony, Rashford, Martial, Garnacho, Amad, Sancho, Pellistri, we won’t look there at least for another 2-3 years, we need a forward. The bullet wasn’t even there to be dodged.

Honestly though there were a few nice things he did a nice swivel and shot didn’t look that bad and the fee isn’t bad either and its early doors.

Nunez may have been way more expensive but he's also way better. There is a danger he could come good. Really good potentially. He's powerful, quick, has something about him in the way he puts himself about. Not sure what this guys qualities are. End product in the Dutch league and that's it so far.

Could say the same for Antony though. He's looked fairly mediocre aside from end product which might be where Gakpo lands at. So I guess it just comes back to how difficult that transition is. You probably have to give them 6 months to a year to get a real feel for it.

Gakpo and Nunez don't look great but give them a full season...Liverpool are a mess currently so it was never going to easy for Gakpo coming in January.

The real problem for Gakpo is he isn't a starter when everyone is fit, so come next season, when he is settled, he might be benched anyway.
Exactly. Difficult to see him getting in ahead of Diaz and even Jota. We definitely didn’t need him.

Players from the Eredivisie can be hit or miss due to the inherent low level of play. Gakpo looks average and I'm afraid Antony is only slightly better. Ruud was very good and the likes of Romario and Ronaldo were world class. Anyway, I never thought he was worth the hassle.

Nunez may have been way more expensive but he's also way better. There is a danger he could come good. Really good potentially. He's powerful, quick, has something about him in the way he puts himself about. Not sure what this guys qualities are. End product in the Dutch league and that's it so far.

Could say the same for Antony though. He's looked fairly mediocre aside from end product which might be where Gakpo lands at. So I guess it just comes back to how difficult that transition is. You probably have to give them 6 months to a year to get a real feel for it.
The problem with Nunez is his poor technique/touch. He has the athleticism that's it.

Maybe more worrying that ETH actually wanted him.

He needs to get over that been Dutch thing.
I'm not worried about that because gakpo has gone into a team that looks horrid. He's not a game changer but would look better in a more functional team.

He probably would be performing better in a more functional team that doesn't rely on spamming crosses or getting goals from a defensive mistake