Cody Gakpo

He’s a very good player. We’ll still beat Liverpool today though.

Cakpoo and Nunez, apparently they are both horrendous.

In fairness to KirkDuyt he did get the goal cutting in from the left.
I was just about to say that: if anything is ever predictable, it's Gakpo getting into this kind of position and finishing it off in this way. It's exactly where his strength lies. (Well, one of them.)

Looks like Rashford with better close control.

I was just about to say that: if anything is ever predictable, it's Gakpo getting into this kind of position and finishing it off in this way. It's exactly where his strength lies. (Well, one of them.)

Yeah he’s better from the left. Wouldn’t call it a weird transfer though. Quality players are always welcome.

Thank you one and all. Especially countryman @KirkDuyt who hasn't got a clue to rub on his own national players. :D
Oh Dumby, is this how you want to spend your time while your team is having the best moment of the season?

You are obsessed.

Not the way I wanted to be proven right about him ending up a good player for Liverpool. Great finishes

He'll go back to being average next week. Everyone knows that.

I don't even remember him doing anything besides the two goals. Great run to get to the ball sure, but still looks like an inferior Antony without the ball progression.

I was really hoping I could make some jokes here today :lol:

I don't even remember him doing anything besides the two goals. Great run to get to the ball sure, but still looks like an inferior Antony without the ball progression.
I'm honeslty not sure what Antony is better at. Skill moves? Gakpo was far better in the Dutch league as well.

Still doubt he'll be a huge success at Liverpool mind you.

I'm honeslty not sure what Antony is better at. Skill moves? Gakpo was far better in the Dutch league as well.

Still doubt he'll be a huge success at Liverpool mind you.
Antony is better at link up from wide and defensive work.

Gakpo always has been the far better striker of a ball and he’ll score and assist wherever he plays. Shame he chose Liverpool.

Antony is better at link up from wide and defensive work.

Gakpo always has been the far better striker of a ball and he’ll score and assist wherever he plays. Shame he chose Liverpool.
Defensive work is true, so is workrate and tenacity, but link up play, I dunno, Gakpo showed some fantastic link up play a few times today. For instance for that ball Robertsen put wide.

What? He had a fantastic game and there is not one aspect of the game where he is inferior to Antony.

He is average. Had a good game today but every player will have it in a good team as Pool is.

He is average. Had a good game today but every player will have it in a good team as Pool is.
Thing is there’s no basis to say that. I’m trying to take the 7-0 as best I can by seeing what funny side there can be had. But Gakpo isn’t average.

Couple of dribbles past our players, caused some problems essentially. Similar to Rashford but scoring 2 goals on top...

Played well, give him credit. Still think De gea has to save his second goal though.

I’ll wait with my judgement. Today felt like a day where he overexceeded his potential for me. xG wise he probably did too.

As for Liverpool replacing Mane or Firmino I dont think he’ll be better than any of those. But a really useful squad player for competitiveness who can probably fit really well in Klopps system as he’s good at making runs and popping up the right places. Sort of like having 2 x Jotas

I still think he is average. Jota and Diaz are much much superior players imo. He is their 6th best attacker. I wouldn't want him in our team.

He had a great game, 2 lovely goals but don't think he is all that in the long run.

Thing is there’s no basis to say that. I’m trying to take the 7-0 as best I can by seeing what funny side there can be had. But Gakpo isn’t average.
I’d agree with that poster. He’s not what we needed and he wouldn’t displace Rashford. Good but not great player.

Two nice finishes not much else. Salah was levels above him today.

We made him look better than he is. Too slow to ever be an elite wide player like Antony and Sancho.

His positioning between United’s midfield and defence in the first half was excellent. We weren’t great in the box but I felt like he was picking up really good areas. The second half was a bit of a free for all.

He’s not an explosive player like Mane was or Diaz is but I’m starting to warm to him. I would’ve given him MOTM personally but I can see why Salah got it.

It’s just a very smart finish. Harsh on De Gea.
You can't be beaten at that angle unless it's an absolute thunder strike. I'm not as critical of De Gea as much as a lot of people on here but that and the 7th goal were just bad goalkeeping. The rest he had no chance with.