Gaming CM 01/02 Hands-Off League - Signups for season 2016-17 Open!

FA Trophy 2009-10

2nd Round

FyqpsUm.png

DsRqh24.png

3rd Round

Quarter Finals

Semi Finals

Big spender @Anustart89 beat Deadpool at home

0okjGcO.png

But then surprisingly lost away... Deadpool is in the final

JHgZAg0.png

@VivaObertan beat @Maluco at home

pEfN8EJ.png

@Maluco managed to equalize the tie, but @VivaObertan managed to draw and qualify to the final.

L6nu7Aw.png

Final

@VivaObertan are the new FA Trophy winners!

xr5Pt3o.png

MDbZyoq.png

hkSFv5O.png

@VivaObertan won the FA Trophy for the 2nd time in their history.

lA8YqJf.png

Unbelievable. Dont know how the club is going to keep all those players happy.
It's an issue, actually, loads of unhappy players forcing their way out, the overall team spirit drops and it's reflected in the results. For example Anelka, Ofori-Quaye and Donati were sold at a 33M loss just about a month after arriving.

It's an issue, actually, loads of unhappy players forcing their way out, the overall team spirit drops and it's reflected in the results. For example Anelka, Ofori-Quaye and Donati were sold at a 33M loss just about a month after arriving.
I'm not shocked. Hopefully don't get relegated with all that talent.

Do transfers always come in such clusters? It looks like @PSV, @nimic, @Big Andy, @OptimisedRed, @Hephaestus, @SilentWitness, and @whitbyviking (and probably some others) bought completely new squads across the season!

There seems to be a pattern that teams who are struggling fire their managers and then buy a truckload of new players. So on the one hand it's nice getting lots of players, but on the other hand it's often a indication the club is struggling in the league.

EFL Trophy 2009-10

North

1st Round

7OVNHsW.png

2nd Round

qpd4HEB.png

Quarter Finals

Semi Finals

@P-Nut knocked out by Sunderland...

qzwsT7J.png

@Vidyoyo beats Blackburn away with a last minute goal and they're in the regional final!

C2NbM1M.png

Final

No goals in the first leg @Vidyoyo

e3w5rE2.png

@Vidyoyo beats Sunderland away and they're in the national final!

cwgpvwh.png

South

1st Round

aputrU6.png

2nd Round

tzMzw84.png

Quarter Finals

Semi Finals

@Siorac beats Fulham away and are in the regional final

2k2XYBX.png

@Šjor Bepo knocks out @altodevil
SPXQPiR.png

Final

No goals in the first leg @Šjor Bepo @Siorac

SPXQPiR.png

@Siorac wins with an extra time goal and will play the national final!

nXBgQwT.png

The Final

@Vidyoyo is the new EFL Trophy winner!

@Siorac dominated but they couldn't score more than once. Man of the match Carlos Marques missed the last penalty...

fzjXlTj.png

iJmjnuL.png

gYyY9mg.png

@Vidyoyo wins the EFL Trophy for the first time!

D2FFhRM.png

Conference 2009-10

@VivaObertan are the new Conference champions and are promoted to League 3!

@Herman Toothrot got 98 points, their best ever, but again they finish second. 5th time they finish second.

@Peter van der Gea finished 11th and won the worst team trophy once again.

UlRjQ08.png

FgX55np.png

vjRtPxn.png

o0yWcQb.png

sgYCFOM.png

h2AfHzM.png

Ouch...

Gy4TSV1.png

There seems to be a pattern that teams who are struggling fire their managers and then buy a truckload of new players. So on the one hand it's nice getting lots of players, but on the other hand it's often a indication the club is struggling in the league.

As soon as I saw we signed nobody in the early months I suspected we were in trouble and then we seemed to remember how to dial an external line on the fax machine and went mental :lol:

do you have a summary of my transfers? Couldn’t track them all:lol:

Probably still get relegated:wenger:

Don't like the sound of that :nervous:

If I get relegated so I can end up in the fecking playoffs again... :lol:

I am Typing this before I go to the last page of the thread,

My immediate prediction on the basis that I seemed to sell half my squad and then panic buy in January, is outright relegation

If you’re getting relegated because of the players you sold then I am well and truly farked :lol:

So me not signing anyone means I did the treble?.........

Well, that is possibly true but I was more concerned about having no players to actually field.

You appeared to have a hard on for my players though!!!

I did think about making a witty comment about pillaging your squad for players, then @maniak pointed out it’s usually a sign of struggling, so I refrained before I made a fool of myself :lol:

Who is my manager these days? I assume I’ve got a new one then?

Just did a quick check of my transfers and created a spreadsheet (been in a meeting 4hrs and I'm not required to speak)

Anyhoo, these (I think) are the numbers -

1. Transfers in didn't really commence until halfway through the season
  2. We sold the player who effectively got us promoted, Zlatan Muslimovic in a surprise move for £16.75m
  3. We also sold Steven Reid for over £20m
  4. We ended up selling 5 players for a sum of £52.7m
  5. We signed a whopping 16 players, including Mikael Forssell for £28m, Armin Sistek for £24m, Gary Mills for £22m and Stephen Pearson for £21m
  6. We really liked signing players from K Stand Knut, stealing 3 of his guys
  7. We also took 2 from BenitoSTARR, including Steed Malbranque for £13m, two months after he signed him
  8. Net spend for the season was around £215m*
*this is only based on the significant transfers @maniak posts up, there may be others

Just did a quick check of my transfers and created a spreadsheet (been in a meeting 4hrs and I'm not required to speak)

2. We sold the player who effectively got us promoted, Zlatan Muslimovic in a surprise move for £16.75m
  5. We signed a whopping 16 players, including Mikael Forssell for £28m, Armin Sistek for £24m, Gary Mills for £22m and Stephen Pearson for £21m
  7. We also took 2 from BenitoSTARR, including Steed Malbranque for £13m, two months after he signed him
*this is only based on the significant transfers @maniak posts up, there may be others
Those are the best meetings.

Nice net spend as well though. Or was that bad? Can't remember what it's supposed to be...

I was about to laugh at you for the effort you put into this, then I remembered I did a full EU4 Experiment, up to and including making a youtube video about it.

My update is that I'm the worst Caf team

Those are the best meetings.

Nice net spend as well though. Or was that bad? Can't remember what it's supposed to be...
I was about to laugh at you for the effort you put into this, then I remembered I did a full EU4 Experiment, up to and including making a youtube video about it.
My update is that I'm the worst Caf team

My flight at Gatwick delayed so if @maniak gets his finger out and posts an update I might have to go deep again.

@Cheimoon think the last time @maniak updated it my team had over £900m so it was possible we had over £1bn when we made this splurge. Either way a net spend of a little over £200m seems miserly

As soon as I saw we signed nobody in the early months I suspected we were in trouble and then we seemed to remember how to dial an external line on the fax machine and went mental :lol:

do you have a summary of my transfers? Couldn’t track them all:lol:

Probably still get relegated:wenger:

This is you until matchday 22. Dead last...

bUlTCDt.png

ImiXAKY.png

1nairgm.png

UV8V8ry.png

uVEWS9Z.png

Well, that is possibly true but I was more concerned about having no players to actually field.

You appeared to have a hard on for my players though!!!
Your team ended the season with only 17 professional players... :eek: