Gaming CM 01/02 Hands-Off League - Signups for season 2016-17 Open!

IMPORTANT

The offseason is upon us, so it's time to renew your participation in the league. I know this is a bit boring but over time I want to remove people who lose interest so it's easier for active players to climb the ladder. So if you're still in, just say so and that's it. Those who don't say anything will get a :( next to their name in the OP, the second time they miss the registration they get a :mad: smiley, and the third time they miss it, they will be removed from the league and replaced by the original club with the original money and reputation stats.

If you miss this post but you comment the league's events in this thread I'll assume you're in.

League 2

sebsheep -
Scunthorpe
Hephaestus - Hull
Cheimoon - Bristol Rovers
Samid - Macclesfield

League 3

Šjor Bepo
- Kidderminster
Dan - Rushden
Vidyoyo - Halifax
altodevil - Shrewsbury
SilentWitness - Cheltenham
Solius - Mansfield
Ian Reus - Torquay
Stobzilla - Plymouth
P-Nut - Rochdale
PSV - Exeter
K Stand Knut - Carlisle
spontaneus1 - Darlington
Withnail - Southend
paulscholes18 - Hartlepool
pacifictheme - Lincoln
Maluco - York
The Boy - Oxford
OptimisedRed - Leyton Orient
nimic - Swansea
The Cat - Luton
Skizzo - Chesterfield
whitbyviking - Bury
golden_blunder - Dag & Red

Conference

Siorac
- Margate
Igor Drefljak - Morecambe
KirkDuyt - Leigh
RedTiger - Stalybridge
Herman Toothrot - Doncaster
youngrell - Scarborough
Dr Dwayne - Farnborough
oneniltothearsenal - Northwich
17 Van der Gouw - Boston Utd
BenitoSTARR - Telford
Peter van der Gea - Dover
VivaObertan - Stevenage
Anustart89 - Woking
AbusementPark - Barnet
Still in come on Telford!!

Bad news... I'll have to pause this to figure out what is happening, because clubs are basically not buying anyone, even less than in the first season. Clubs struggling in the table, 500 million in the bank and decent wage budgets aren't doing anything, so something is wrong :(

I'm in as/when you get it back up and running. Don't care about signings, I'll just win with the players I have at hand, and crush you all with mind games.

I was talking to another player and he tells me that what may be happening is that most transfers are not happening because the clubs have a top reputation, so they are targeting mostly top players. Then what happens is the league reputation is too low, so after the fee is agreed, the players refuse to go. Some big transfers might have happened because the players were transfer listed or unhappy at the time.

So maybe by changing the club reputations I've fecked up transfers :wenger:

I'll lower the club reputation and keep firing inactive managers, so see if I trigger more transfers.

I was talking to another player and he tells me that what may be happening is that most transfers are not happening because the clubs have a top reputation, so they are targeting mostly top players. Then what happens is the league reputation is too low, so after the fee is agreed, the players refuse to go. Some big transfers might have happened because the players were transfer listed or unhappy at the time.

So maybe by changing the club reputations I've fecked up transfers :wenger:

You've wet my appetite for this and I am trying to download it for my Mac.

Found this on the CM 01/02 forum - Doped clubs issue

So... forget the last post I made about transfers, I had to go back in time to fix the reputation issue so those transfers didn't happen... sorry.

Can you edit the league reputation to account for it?
I don't have that options in the tools I have. But I think lowering the club reputation will fix that over time, because it will mean more expensive transfers and league reputation will rise normally.

Fantastic signing OGS welcome, cup run has inspired him to join
Can you please delete my post from your quote? I had to correct something and go back in time, so some of those transfers didn't happen. Just to avoid confusing other players.

You still got OGS tough ;)

Good first sign the reputation fix is working, @Maluco seemed to be one of the players blocked with zero transfers so far, all of a sudden he spent 31M on 3 players.

Can you please delete my post from your quote? I had to correct something and go back in time, so some of those transfers didn't happen. Just to avoid confusing other players.

You still got OGS tough ;)
Only deleted it because I got OGS still

I'll lower the club reputation and keep firing inactive managers, so see if I trigger more transfers.

Probably a good solution. Club reputation isn't really necessary. The money should be enough to make it interesting.

I do wonder if Championship Manager of that time was really equipped to handle clubs climbing the leagues like that. I seem to remember getting excited by some FM version or other where stuff like attendances and reputation would finally be truly dynamic. Then again, perhaps those were issues that only came in later than 01/02, as the game itself got more and more complicated.

Good first sign the reputation fix is working, @Maluco seemed to be one of the players blocked with zero transfers so far, all of a sudden he spent 31M on 3 players.

Ohhhhh, that is exciting! 31 million suggests they are quality too.

Looking forward to the next transfers update :drool:

Probably a good solution. Club reputation isn't really necessary. The money should be enough to make it interesting.

I do wonder if Championship Manager of that time was really equipped to handle clubs climbing the leagues like that. I seem to remember getting excited by some FM version or other where stuff like attendances and reputation would finally be truly dynamic. Then again, perhaps those were issues that only came in later than 01/02, as the game itself got more and more complicated.
I remember in my youth running the game for hundreds of years and you would have plenty of lower league clubs winning uefa competitions, but I don't exactly remember what happened in terms of stadium size and infrastructure.

Last edited:
August 10, 2002

Best transfers

@Ian Reus went all in on Angel and paid 26M to get him from Aston Villa!

Cr9SZtr.png

@AbusementPark got OGS for 5.5M. He wasn't getting games at United.

TrOccKT.png

@Maluco finally bought a player and it wasn't a cheap one. 23M paid to Newcastle.

LPyusfv.png

@17 Van der Gouw bought an experienced player for 11.5M from Wolves.

Zjvi4oL.png

@RedTiger paid 5M to Derby for scottish veteran Craig Burley.

iaOSGI8.png

@AbusementPark got his throw in expert from Southampton for 4M

K066dzD.png

@golden_blunder pulled off a major surprise, only 3.5M for Saha from Fulham

cDZCAr4.png

@nimic got his first big name, 8.5M from Deportivo Coruña

IqchWkj.png

@K Stand Knut paid Newcastle 7.5M for promising forward Craig Bellamy

L8xZRGH.png

@Maluco paid 6M to Sturm Graz for austrian striker.

DNiAEKG.png

Well I hope the fans are happy as only budgeted for a striker (yacht)
A little spoiler, he scored 2 in the first match, if he doesn't get injured he's a major contender for top scorer.

Bit concerned that we don't seem to be building on our promotion. Is Gullit okay?