Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the credible reporters news and stop ignoring it to suit your fantasy.
I don't need to read a rando sports journo to know that finance is more flexible than that. The FFP restriction is given current parameters and all of it is subject to change with new ownership.

They may not do it but you stating it as fact because fecking Ornie the Arse fan said so doesn't mean anything.

I don't need to read a rando sports journo to know that finance is more flexible than that. The FFP restriction is given current parameters and all of it is subject to change with new ownership.

They may not do it but you stating it as fact because fecking Ornie the Arse fan said so doesn't mean anything.
Ornie the arsenal fan, a random journalist.

You really do know feck all.

Yes we do.

CL is a necessity but not sufficient. It was made clear we need sales and CL football.

Yes it is. I'm not posting the Ornstein tweet again. It's feck all to do with debt.

Just read the credible reporters news and stop ignoring it to suit your fantasy.
We don’t. Story is if we don’t get CL then the adidas deal gets shortened and we miss out CL then we can only sign one big name instead of two. If we get CL then it isn’t a problem.
The 300m owed is already on the books. All we need is CL.
Go read the article again

Edit here
https://www.footballinsider247.com/...ed-by-kieran-maguire-as-uefa-visit-looms/?amp

Nothing of substance at all yet Chinese whispers has us with a begging bowl out

We don’t. Story is if we don’t get CL then the adidas deal gets shortened and we miss out CL then we can only sign one big name instead of two. If we get CL then it isn’t a problem.
The 300m owed is already on the books. All we need is CL.
Go read the article again
Its an interview from Ornstein not an article, and he says CL football AND sales were required.

I dont think the debt is the reason for the FFP issues we have.

Its an interview from Ornstein not an article, and he says CL football AND sales were required.

If we get new ownership, please hear me when I say we will spend at least £200m.

He was quoting The Telegraph

But it should also still be mentioned a bit more often than it does - we can easily go into Europa and them. If he bids for us the same questions UEFA will need to ask

It's not nearly as likely though.

He doesn't endorse other people's work unless he agrees with it. He's crediting them with originally breaking the information.
He didn’t endorse it, he just quoted the telegraph. He didn’t back it up, he said according to the Telegraph and kept himself separate from it.
You’re just wanting it to be true now

He didn’t endorse it, he just quoted the telegraph. He didn’t back it up, he said according to the Telegraph and kept himself separate from it.
You’re just wanting it to be true now
He doesn't quote other articles unless he agrees with it.
I'm not going to waste my time explaining basics to you.

Likely or not, UEFA still have to clear it. It would in theory be the same roadblock, if any, for Qatari's or Saudi's

It only needs to be cleared if both clubs qualify for the UCL (or another UEFA competition) in the same season.

The liklihood of that situation arising for Nice is very small. The liklihood of it arising with PSG is high.

If a Saudi investment group buys United, they would have the added hoop of Premier League league rules to jump through, which are much stricter than UEFA's.

How would the debt be relevant for FFP issues this summer?
As far as I understand, it's not the 800m club debt but the money owed for transfers we have completed aka the 300m credit card debt the Glazers have run that's the constraint (and that's what I'm talking about).

I believe it can be paid off quicker or entirely in the sale (how it's structured I'll leave to the purchasers) but it's entirely dumb to say we're definitely not buying anyone because fecking Ornstein said so as if he's some financial guru.

As far as I understand, it's not the 800m club debt but the money owed for transfers we have completed aka the 300m credit card debt the Glazers have run that's the constraint (and that's what I'm talking about).

I believe it can be paid off quicker or entirely in the sale (how it's structured I'll leave to the purchasers) but it's entirely dumb to say we're definitely not buying anyone because fecking Ornstein said so as if he's some financial guru.

I don't think debt is relevant at all for FFP, as long as you pay when you're supposed to. Interest payments, sure, but that's for future years.

It only needs to be cleared if both clubs qualify for the UCL (or another UEFA competition) in the same season.

The liklihood of that situation arising for Nice is very small. The liklihood of it arising with PSG is high.

If a Saudi investment group buys United, they would have the added hoop of Premier League league rules to jump through, which are much stricter than UEFA's.

I get the chances are small. But not impossible. Its not like Nice is a team in Japan or in the 6th division of French football. There is still a small chance it COULD happen and therefore whatever rules and checklists are required for PSG should be applied to Nice if looking at things just by letter of the law

UEFA are stupid but they can't be that stupid to just go whatever and then if it happens up have to create new rules or say the old rules were meaningless and create a precedent. They have to keep it consistent in some way and would never just say "oh oops, we didn't think it would happen so our bad"

I don't think debt is relevant at all for FFP, as long as you pay when you're supposed to. Interest payments, sure, but that's for future years.
As far as I understand, the new FFP allows you to spend a proportion of your revenue minus what you owe on transfers (the 300m) and wages to players.

So that's why we need to sell - basically create headroom under the new FFP, not because we're actually short on cash (although that seems true as well).

Likely or not, UEFA still have to clear it. It would in theory be the same roadblock, if any, for Qatari's or Saudi's

Yeah I'm sure they would in the event Ineos owned both clubs and both were in the same UEFA competition in the same season.

Why? It's not as if the French league is particularly strong. With good investment, they should be competing for a place in Europe. So...how can it be different for JR?

It won't be, all I'm saying is it's not as likely Nice will be in the CL every season like PSG are.

Which probably explains why there hasn't been much chatter about the possibility.

As far as I understand, the new FFP allows you to spend a proportion of your revenue minus what you owe on transfers (the 300m) and wages to players.

So that's why we need to sell - basically create headroom under the new FFP, not because we're actually short on cash (although that seems true as well).

I don't think that's true, is it possible you've got it mixed up with amortization costs?

My big concern is that nobody will come close to what the Glazer’s are looking for - and quite rightly.

Someone will pay the asking price! look at how much Comcast paid for Sky 3 months after their opening offer

If the Qatar Investment Authority really want United they will get it

My big concern is that nobody will come close to what the Glazer’s are looking for - and quite rightly.

I thik the Glazers will sell come what may. Their business empire stinks of bad debt built of zero interest rates. And they have no wish to make the levels of investment to make the club competitive with City, Newcastle and the next oil club that arrives in the next decade. They never have.

He doesn't quote other articles unless he agrees with it.
I'm not going to waste my time explaining basics to you.
You’ve just made this up, the man literally has a podcast where they discuss the latest news and rumours.
But ok.

Edit Jesus Christ the article he’s quoting is literally what I posted. It’s either one significant name without CL but can sign two with it
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-must-sell-to-buy-summer-even-get-new-owners/
As I said, Chinese whisper nonsense.
Calms down. See, I took the time to explain something to you since I wasn’t using lack of patience to run away from a weak point

Last edited:
For the 100th time, we have FFP problems regardless of who the owner is. We need to sell heavily before we can buy.

Hmm... Let's see when the new owners come in. When I see Chelsea, PSG, City and Barcelona, there must be "ways" when the new owners with money to spend come in. FFP has been nothing but a joke all these years. The Glazers are leeches and has zero money to put into the club.

For the 100th time, we have FFP problems regardless of who the owner is. We need to sell heavily before we can buy.

You’re being a tad dramatic.

We will of course sell yes (we need to anyway as there’s players in the squad unsuited to how we want to play).

We will buy though and it won’t be a one in one out policy.

Hmm... Let's see when the new owners come in. When I see Chelsea, PSG, City and Barcelona, there must be "ways" when the new owners with money to spend come in. FFP has been nothing but a joke all these years. The Glazers are leeches and has zero money to put into the club.

FFP is a joke but even if it were not it only stops clubs using fake revenue streams to siphon funny money from wealthy dodgy owners into salaries and transfers (as I understand it). Manchester United at full power and without the Glazer parasites can generate huge legitimate revenue streams. And I may be wrong but there's nothing in FFP to stop the Qataris from rebuilding Old Trafford as a 120,000 seater stadium (renamed the Sheikh Tamin Stadium obviously) and coining in match day income. We would be very rich very quickly.

You’re being a tad dramatic.

We will of course sell yes (we need to anyway as there’s players in the squad unsuited to how we want to play).

We will buy though and it won’t be a one in one out policy.

Indeed, it’s overstated. As you said, we will sell, but there are also easy ways around it. When we were linked with Osimhen last summer the talk was that Napoli would entertain a loan with an obligation to buy. PSG ‘bought’ Neymar and Mbappe in the same fecking summer. All they had to do was loan Mbappe for the first hear and then turn it permanent the next. We could easily do deals of that nature.

We're going to need a new shirt sponsor for next season anyway, so there is your increased revenue right there when we are being sponsored by Qatar Airways for £800m each season.

Just wish there was some way legally of getting back at the Glazers and recovering some the money they’ve pocketed from the club once they’ve gone. They’re nothing but opportunistic spivs.

I’m not interested in following a club that is owned by an evil regime that uses it for sportswashing.

Next they will ask the players not to make any political statements.

They are also likely to get rid of Ten Hag.
The new FFP laws are due to be brought in from this summer and then decreased by 10% each year for two years. This summer the rule will be you can only spend 90% of your turnover on Player wages, Agents fees, transfers and staff wages. Then from season 24/25 it’s reduced to 80% and then 70% from 25/26 season. Our issues are our huge wages for mens, womens, youth, club execs, Directors was about £385m last year so assuming our turnover remains the same this year as last approximately £600m we could potentially spend £540m in the summer on wages, transfers, agent fees and then amortised transfers. So assuming our wage bill remains similar we would potentially able to spend £150m, if we sell players and reduce certain contracts of wages like Ronaldo £25m per year now not being on books and others like reducing De Gea from £18m to £10m per year we could also increase our budget, our problem is we have no cash reserves right now, hence the loans deals in January. Obviously we also have debt to the banks and debts for players due to amortised transfers. If a new owner came in and settled the debt only, they do not need to settle transfer debt just agree to continue payments and place a hefty cash deposit in the bank, then the club would be in an incredibly healthy financial position in that we could do upfront payments with potential discounts. So yes we could potentially spend £200-250m this summer, providing we sell £60-70m of players and restructure our wage to turnover ratio.

Just wish there was some way legally of getting back at the Glazers and recovering some the money they’ve pocketed from the club once they’ve gone. They’re nothing but opportunistic spivs.

Don’t be ridiculous.

Don't think we'll have a clear picture of what's going to happen until official bids come in on Friday. I'm still convinced these journos know very little.

Don't think we'll have a clear picture of what's going to happen until official bids come in on Friday. I'm still convinced these journos know very little.

Keegan and Jacobs are definitely putting both of their reputations on the line

Status
Not open for further replies.