Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any privately owned club have any meaningful relationship with the fan groups?

I would argue that Chelsea, regardless of your opinion on their hiring and firing managers in search of short team success, had a fairly meaningful relationship with Abramovich:

Elsewhere, not quite as successful in terms of the return in silverware, but Leicester seem to have a good relationship with their owner.

:lol:

I do. Or if I was them, I would be doing my best on that front. Getting one the biggest football fanbases on their side would be a big return on their investment.

I hope so, for the first time in a long time things feel really positive around United currently. Hate to see new owners come in and tip the balance ala Tod Boehly.

I could be wrong but I’m sure Qatar have already held some talks with Tottenham earlier in the year.

Tbh this is just a random guess but I think the difference between the highest bid and the lowest bid is going to be pretty small. I could easily see a future where Radcliffe or some American group buys United for just over 4 billion and then Qatar spend half of that on Spurs and they go crazy in the next transfer window.

If we take away the global standing of United, the on ground reality is that it’s a club that hasn’t won a league in over decade and has a stadium full of rats and rust.

I think United's global standing is the key for any vanity project. Liverpool seem better value for consortiums looking for profitability. I guess we'll find out.

You’re joking but that would be a great move since Liverpool seems to be undervalued. It wouldn’t take much for them to increase in value since they get so much favourable media coverage as it is

It would make Hicks & Gillette look like saints.

It would make Hicks & Gillette look like saints.
It’ll never happen but if you have Qatar telling you their plans about signing Mbappe etc and becoming the go to club on the globe then you really should buy another club to piggy back the rise in tv revenue. It’ll be a double bubble for them and would be incredibly smart.
Maybe not Liverpool but Spurs seem to be wanting to sell.

If a journalist knows a "consortium" from Qatar are going to bid why do they not know who they are? Why is knowing nothing about someone except their nationality now a thing?

Convinced nobody knows anything. The Glazer's are notorious for no information getting out. I think repoters are just naming nationalities where is feasible bids may come from.

"A consortium led by...." named business, named business men? OK might be something to that.

"A consortium led by DUBAI PEOPLE BECAUSE LOTS OF THEM ARE RICH" not so much

Last edited:
If a journalist knows a "consortium" from Qatar are going to bid why do they not know who they are? Why is knowing nothing about someone except their nationality now a thing?

Convinced nobody knows anything. The Glazer's are notorious for no information getting out. I think repoters are just naming nationalities where is feasible bids may come from.

"A consortium led by...." named business, named business men? OK might be something to that.

The investors from Qatar have been named as the QSA group and I believe involve the Emirs son.

Probably some NDA involved.

Why would UEFA just be questioning the Qatari's and not Jim Ratcliffe for his involvement in Nice too? I don't get why that's hardly ever mentioned by the papers etc.

UEFA have been reading redcafe and know that Jim isn't really interested

Emir of Qatar is a United fan is he not?
Multi Billionaire who wants the club to be successful..

Was PSG sports washing? I don’t believe their reputation or the reputation of Qatar has improved since they took over there?
Haha must be satire? Qatar just hosted a WC!

You’re actually correct assuming you meant QSI not QSA. QSI is a subsidy of QIA and is basically a sports specific investment vehicle. QIA is the main sovereign wealth fund and invests across everything.

Oh good! Well either way was just pointing out the two different groups in terms of who was referenced to have interest in part investment in Spurs and full ownership of United.

1)Harris Blitzer Sport and Entertainment and their partners
2)Stephen Pagliuca and his partners

Then there are one or two others who are unnamed. Also a possibility that one or more of these groups could partner up.

Yeah these two keeping cards very close

Not sure I could handle a scenario where we get new US vulture owners while Pool get oil money but I still think this is a realistic possibility.

Don’t back down, double down.
822344_ff46e789f07b4cf7992fc03a716c847f~mv2.jpg

I rest my case your honour

All that twerking for the Qataris in the last week and they aren't even that interested.

He is 100% going to be the face of Qatar isn't he, they don't do this for nothing.
No doubt. It's going to be Beckham or one of the other of the class of '92, but most likely Beckham. And honestly, I'm all for it. It's about time someone who actually knows the club is in charge of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.