Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we’ll have a better understanding by Friday as that’s the deadline set for interested parties to submit their offers. I still believe the Glazers won’t get anything near the inflated asking price they’re after though. The point that is of concern is whether they’ll try and hold out for the £6b+ or strike a compromise which includes them holding onto a percentage of the club.

A lot of the information we have currently seems to suggest no one is willingly to match the 6 billion number the glazers want(I think most value the club at around 4 - 5 billion).

So at the moment it seems even the gulf states have limits on how much they are willingly to spend to get the club.

Does that mean the oil folk don't want United badly enough? I think Qatar will bid the highest amount.

Don’t worry the asking price will be met comfortably and I think that asking price is 5bln.

Now that it’s confirmed the Qataris are looking at it and want a full takeover they sound determined and will make a bid that is satisfactory to the glazers.

In fact I am willing to bet they will simply make an offer the glazers can’t refuse.

No to being robbed. I know people who have. Even being taken from their car and taken home to give over their possessions.

Not been to Qatar, but I have been to Dubai with my Rolex. However, my bro-in-law has been to Qatar with his Rolex on. He felt very safe and not threatened.

Also, to add weight to the broad point I'm making about safety, did you hear of any crowd trouble at the world cup in Qatar? Compare this to the trouble at the Euro finals at Wembley, where my wife was at, and was very scared. Also, poor Lando Norris, got his watch stolen at the final.
This reminds of the 'affluent' poster from the covid thread a couple of years ago :lol: Can't remember his name now, hasn't been seen on here since then!

No to being robbed. I know people who have. Even being taken from their car and taken home to give over their possessions.

Not been to Qatar, but I have been to Dubai with my Rolex. However, my bro-in-law has been to Qatar with his Rolex on. He felt very safe and not threatened.

Also, to add weight to the broad point I'm making about safety, did you hear of any crowd trouble at the world cup in Qatar? Compare this to the trouble at the Euro finals at Wembley, where my wife was at, and was very scared. Also, poor Lando Norris, got his watch stolen at the final.

I can't tell what's parody and what's real in this thread anymore :lol: :(

It's easier to spook minor shareholders before the company enters in an unpopular acquisition rather then after

They're going to have be very special American bidders, or they're going to be in for a very rough ride.

I don't know how they get past fans who are now expecting Qatar to sweep all the crap the Glazers have put us through away, or if not then Ratcliffe, who for all the faults people keep pointing out, will at least offer some hope we're on the right track again.

The negativity towards an American takeover will be very bad no matter what they say, and some sort of minority investment from them would be off the scale at this point.

Does that mean the oil folk don't want United badly enough? I think Qatar will bid the highest amount.
I could be wrong but I’m sure Qatar have already held some talks with Tottenham earlier in the year.

Tbh this is just a random guess but I think the difference between the highest bid and the lowest bid is going to be pretty small. I could easily see a future where Radcliffe or some American group buys United for just over 4 billion and then Qatar spend half of that on Spurs and they go crazy in the next transfer window.

If we take away the global standing of United, the on ground reality is that it’s a club that hasn’t won a league in over decade and has a stadium full of rats and rust.

:lol:

So even reports keep changing. $5B, $6B, £6B. We aren't even sure what the Glazers will think acceptable at this stage.
Whatever be it, I am sure Qatar will not be outbid for it. I feel it will be kind of a prestige thing for them to be outbid by someone else.

When I hear that this Ratcliffe guy is supposed to receiving takeover advice from JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs then I instantly know that he’s not the right owner for us. Any buyer who needs advice from these companies is 100% disqualified in my eyes. The same goes for every American investor or consortium. I rather make business with the devil than dealing with these blood suckers

I want an owner who cares about Manchester United short term, middle term and long term. I want an ownership who continue to put faith in Ten Hag and his coaches and let them do their job.

I want them to rebuild Old Trafford to one of the best stadiums in the world.

I want them to care about both men and women’s team and also continue to invest in our excellent youth program.

I want owners who cares about the local community and our local supporters. Who cooperate with us supporters to provide the best possible game day experience we can ever get.

I don’t want take dividends and put debts in United’s name, directly or indirectly.

With that said I understand the concerns about an owner from Qatar or Saudi Arabia.

Some of the things going on in those countries is highly debatable and sometimes frankly unacceptable. But if we want changes, if we want better conditions for immigrant labor, women, hbtq and other minorities then what a better way then to influence leaders from that region than in our own play ground.

Changes don’t happen over a night but with time it’s possible to make thing better with a respectful and friendly dialogue. That’s my belief even if it sounds naive.

I could be wrong but I’m sure Qatar have already held some talks with Tottenham earlier in the year.

Tbh this is just a random guess but I think the difference between the highest bid and the lowest bid is going to be pretty small. I could easily see a future where Radcliffe or some American group buys United for just over 4 billion and then Qatar spend half of that on Spurs and they go crazy in the next transfer window.

If we take away the global standing of United, the on ground reality is that it’s a club that hasn’t won a league in over decade and has a stadium full of rats and rust.

:lol:

I think what’s been said is the same group that owns PSG, QSI, have looked at minority investment at Spurs. In part because they can’t do full ownership due to the PSG link.

Since then QSA have come to the surface and full takeover at United muted.

Not sure if there’s a link to the stories, or whether they’ve been simply testing the water regarding dual ownership for a while, but it does seem to be being fed to journalists that there’s definitely a distinction between QSI and QSA. Not only that but the governing bodies are accepting of it.

This reminds of the 'affluent' poster from the covid thread a couple of years ago :lol: Can't remember his name now, hasn't been seen on here since then!

Find the person. Hopefully they've not fell on hard times and can no longer afford the Internet to post on the Cafe! :devil:

A golden opportunity for the Glazers. Pocket a cool £5 billion from us and then drop £3 billion on Liverpool. Get that super league monies

Does anyone hold out much hope for fan engagement with a Qatari owner? I don’t pretend to be an expert on gulf states and their ownership of other Football clubs but from the outside looking in, it doesn’t seem like PSG, City and co have much of a relationship between fan groups and the club.

Does anyone hold out much hope for fan engagement with a Qatari owner? I don’t pretend to be an expert on gulf states and their ownership of other Football clubs but from the outside looking in, it doesn’t seem like PSG, City and co have much of a relationship between fan groups and the club.

You have to actually have a fanbase though to have engagement you see..

Does any privately owned club have any meaningful relationship with the fan groups?

If Nice won their cup final last year we’d be in the same competition right now

Yeah exactly. It's not like the French league itself doesn't throw up surprises with 'smaller' clubs getting into Europe through position

I'm all for people jumping on the Qatar ownership hate train for things like state ownership and their human rights laws etc. but I find it baffling when people keep throwing PSG in but never mention Nice for Ratcliffe

I can't comment on PSG but City haven't really got many fans to engage with! :lol:

But any new owner will do well to engage with our fans. EtH has done a great job of it this year. Some credit apparently also has to go to Arnold. The last thing the new owners need are the United fans protesting against them.

If it’s just based on nationality then I think it’s pointless being worried or skeptical as that’s so vague.

I've yet to see a good US ownership of a football club so I think it's fair enough. Us, Pool, Arse and now Chelsea that really take the cake. So not much to convince me to get excited by the prospect of US ownership.

Of course I will tar them with the same brush - because they are incompetent. Boehly is spending so much because it was part of the deal to invest another 1,75 billion or whatever. Be interesting to see how much he invests after that condition is met. To say nothing of his decisions or how exactly the transfers are done (sacking Tuchel, 8 year contracts, have they even appointed a DoF yet?). He is running that club pretty much how I would expect from a clueless person.

With regards to Boehly, I am thinking there's something in the terms of that sale whereby that 10 year countdown to being able to take dividends and the like doesnt start until they've spent that 1.5bn they pledged and is why hes in a hurry to get it done.

People jealous of them at the moment I think will be relieved after that time is up - Chelsea will be taken to the cleaners I think.

Much better to do some research and find out which Americans are being linked then look at them individually

I can agree with that yeah. But before we've any information I just don't have a good feeling about US links. Can't shake it off.

With regards to Boehly, I am thinking there's something in the terms of that sale whereby that 10 year countdown to being able to take dividends and the like doesnt start until they've spent that 1.5bn they pledged and is why hes in a hurry to get it done.

People jealous of them at the moment I think will be relieved after that time is up - Chelsea will be taken to the cleaners I think.

you need to make a profit to pay dividends and Chelsea don’t look close to doing that

You have to actually have a fanbase though to have engagement you see..

All jokes aside, there are City supporters who will have watched their club in the Championship or whatever it was called at the time, just as there will be PSG fans who’d watched them trail behind the likes of Lyon for long periods of time.

The 1958 and other likeminded groups should be at the forefront of any takeover in terms of building a relationship between the new owners and a fan led group. Unfortunately, I can’t see a Qatari/Saudi/Dubai owner prioritising this sort of approach as much as they’d just look to build the club and squad to their liking.

A golden opportunity for the Glazers. Pocket a cool £5 billion from us and then drop £3 billion on Liverpool. Get that super league monies
You’re joking but that would be a great move since Liverpool seems to be undervalued. It wouldn’t take much for them to increase in value since they get so much favourable media coverage as it is

Status
Not open for further replies.