Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's posts like these that reveal people are either clueless or deluded...

He would expect us to pay off the debt from our books, so basically we'll effectively have what we have now.

This is similar to Boehly who's financing his current splurge with debt secured on his assets or his consortium's assets.

Ratcliffe won't do a Roman and just write off the debt, he'd expect we pay for it and then to get dividends or significant asset appreciation.
Looks like you are the one who is clueless here. I work on corporate Financials. If the debt is on the parent company, you don't have to report against clubs liabilities which essentially means, you would have more money to report every year as earnings. Dividends - unless you are state backed, you can't expect not to take anything.

I mean it’s much better for the debt against United to be removed.

I’m sure no one can say it isn’t?
It's 'good' of course, but sceptically if they're just moving it from Uniteds books to INEOS', the company isn't going to want to pay it off from their profits alone? thats the worry.

Are they gonna do the same thing and take their cut every season to pay back what they took on?

Are they going to invest in the training ground/youth facilities and help renovate the stadium, or are they going to make the club take out a loan to pay for it?

All these things are a valid concern with another company buying it.

Not all debt is bad people, especially when it’s INEOS debt not loaded onto the club. This sounds like a perfect scenario.

What’s up with some Bayern fans lecturing us? Did they care when one of the greatest clubs in the world with one of the biggest revenues in the world was saddled with millions of debt and after almost 2 decades of horrendous ownership you can think of possibly is rendered almost bankrupt?

These are the only owners in the football world who take money as dividends out of the club. They have left our stadium to rot and due to their pure greed and mismanagement we now have no money left in the bank and still have millions of debt to pay. Did they have any sympathy for us at any point and did they show any solidarity? We were the only ones who suffered and suffered and went from being a top club in Europe to a laughing stock due to the incompetence of these owners. What did we get from rival fans? Banter and laugh and ridicule.

Just a mere increase in their ticket prices and I remember those Bayern fans walking out of the stadium in protest against Arsenal. That’s how spoiled you are and that’s how much disconnected you are to our plight.

Lastly, we don’t want any Arab owners to pump their billions to make us relevant again. We just want to be spend the money we earn and be self sufficient again. Do I ideally want any Arab owners? No, not at all. I just want our owners not to be leeches and bleed us to death.
Bankrupt? Really? Slightly over dramatic, dear.

Isn’t that just hiding the debt on their side?
What difference does it make when it has to be repaid?
Not really. INEOS with their capital can invest their assets however they want and its backed by GS. From a club standpoint, our account will show as if we are running from our revenues. We still need more clarity on how infra development would be handled. If they say, we will take the debt but we will put the infra development cost of 1.5b on club, then we are back to square one.

It's 'good' of course, but sceptically if they're just moving it from Uniteds books to INEOS', the company isn't going to want to pay it off from their profits alone? thats the worry.

Are they gonna do the same thing and take their cut every season to pay back what they took on?

Are they going to invest in the training ground/youth facilities and help renovate the stadium, or are they going to make the club take out a loan to pay for it?

All these things are a valid concern with another company buying it.
United’s debt isn’t that big in the grand scheme of things. It is for a football club where profits are tiny. But given Ineos’ revenue it would just be absorbed into their overall debt which is far higher than United’s. Of course they could try, but that wouldn’t really be smart. For what it’s worth regarding infrastructure City Football Group took out a €500m loan a couple of years back for developments around Manchester and the etihad. So who knows about any owners when it comes to that.

I dont know that. My point was no one would.be willing to put free money without expecting any returns.
Yes I absolutely agree but a lot of people seem to be getting confused and think dividends are the only way owners make money off clubs.

United’s debt isn’t that big in the grand scheme of things. It is for a football club where profits are tiny. But given Ineos’ revenue it would just be absorbed into their overall debt which is far higher than United’s. Of course they could try, but that wouldn’t really be smart. For what it’s worth regarding infrastructure City Football Group took out a €500m loan a couple of years back for developments around Manchester and the etihad. So who knows about any owners when it comes to that.
Fair enough. I'm just always wary about hearing about borrowings and loans to pay for things - but I guess that's more of a cashflow thing.

As long as United are left to operate at full potential, and not have to pay anybody a 'borrowing' fee to make up for it, then i'll be happy.

That's not what's mentioned though? Debt won't be on the club is what tweet says. If it's on INEOs, there is no way club is responsible for clearing it off and it won't come on clubs account. Dividends ? Absolutely. There is no owner who won't take it unless you are state backed.

Do you really think they are going to come out and admit off the jump that Manchester United will be servicing the debt? Hell no. That's telling the supporters "yes we are going to just continuing running the club the same way that has made you want the glazers out"

Again it's just rearranging the chairs on the titanic. Ineos taking on the debt would simply mean down the road if they want to sell it there's no debt on the club so it's an easier sell off

Looks like a ME Royyyaaaalll Ruuuumble

I could see Ineos getting involved in part-ownership, the Glazers would raise cash for themselves, which is what they want, and then both they and Ineos would have the same objective as partners, to make money. Can't see the Quataris or Saudis doing that though, they want control and publicity.

Disheartening seeing all the fellow united fans wanting to sell their souls for a sports washing project.
I agree with the Bayern Munich fan. Jim Ratcliffe for me would be the best candidate.
The stadium isn’t even that important. Get things on the pitch sorted first and the rest will fall into place.
This is a great post. The last paragraph is especially key.

Looks like you are the one who is clueless here. I work on corporate Financials. If the debt is on the parent company, you don't have to report against clubs liabilities which essentially means, you would have more money to report every year as earnings. Dividends - unless you are state backed, you can't expect not to take anything.

Do you know if leveraged takeovers are still a thing in the PL? Specifically, the parent company is not the one with the debt, the debt is still on the club.

I remember reading somewhere that post Glazer takeover of United, that pathway got banned (through the fit & proper test).

The mental gymnastics going on in here trying to make a distinction between INIOS debt and glazer debt is quite something to behold.

Do you know if leveraged takeovers are still a thing in the PL? Specifically, the parent company is not the one with the debt, the debt is still on the club.

I remember reading somewhere that post Glazer takeover of United, that pathway got banned (through the fit & proper test).
Well, we don't know that . There isn't enough details. So to completely dismiss Ratcliffe is bit immature, now.

Please no Qatari or Saudi criminals. Those regimes are buying the club only for sportswashing purposes. They don't give a feck about human rights. I really don't want my beloved United to be owned by such scumbags..

If Ratcliffe is the only other option, then so be it, INEOS it is!

Please no Qatari or Saudi criminals. Those regimes are buying the club only for sportswashing purposes. They don't give a feck about human rights. I really don't want my beloved United to be owned by such scumbags..

Bit racist

Do you really think they are going to come out and admit off the jump that Manchester United will be servicing the debt? Hell no. That's telling the supporters "yes we are going to just continuing running the club the same way that has made you want the glazers out"

Again it's just rearranging the chairs on the titanic. Ineos taking on the debt would simply mean down the road if they want to sell it there's no debt on the club so it's an easier sell off
Not disagreeing with you but at this point it's just another assumption. I do see some good intent with Ratcliffe but again it's just not his decision. If it's INEOS, you will have a board making the call especially given that they are listed.

Twitter having a predictable freak out about debt. How many billionaires actually have their wealth sitting in cash? Even Musk bought Twitter via a bank

Interesting snippet from that piece regarding partial sale and strategic partnership, both of which have been mooted as potential options for the Glazers (in particular, Avram and Joel):

The Glazer family reportedly want £6bn for the club, although they have not gone public with a price. They are also open to two separate forms of investment. The first is in the shape of a standalone injection of cash in return for a stake in the club. The second is a more complex commercial partnership, in which expertise in such areas as media and retail would also be provided.

It is understood that these areas have attracted more than 20 parties. Such levels of interest strengthen the position of the Glazers, who could take a stake rather than oversee a full sale.

It's a private consortium. Entirely different things. Obviously they will have the blessings of the state but I doubt they would service the money required.

Nope. City's don't. Newcastle's don't. Chelsea's didn't when Abramovich was there. I can't believe you don't actually know this.
This. It's a vanity project or a PR machine for these types of owners...they're in it to win it for their own pride and that of their country. They have no intention of making money on a yearly basis outside of the club increasing in value over time.

He is really going big on this one,so looks like the 5 groups battling are

Ratcliffe (Ineos)
Qatari investors
Saudi investors
?
?

Stephen Pagliuca and one other group I forget the name of.

Status
Not open for further replies.