Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their last point is incorrect. Jim has to buy all the A shares for it to go through if another offer is in the table to do so
He doesn’t if it’s a minority investment, he’s just an investor buying shares for cash which may or may not be invested by the shareholders, however his bid makes very little sense right now ?

I think Qatar are banking on the team being shit and the pressure cranking up on the Glazers.

The shitter we are on the field the less time they have to drag things out

Taking that Times article with a pinch of salt considering its coming from the INEOS side.

Makes no sense for Qatar to just leave the bid on the table if they know the club will be sold to Ratcliffe. Can't see that happening at all.
Reads as if they know it won’t be sold to Jim. Even more so with this minority shareholder angle.
I wonder if they’ve got A class shareholders in their pocket. I’m sure there’s back channeling somewhere

Reads as if they know it won’t be sold to Jim. Even more so with this minority shareholder angle.
I wonder if they’ve got A class shareholders in their pocket. I’m sure there’s back channeling somewhere
Dear god I hope so :drool:

As someone else has said, probably Qatari have seen the books, whats needed and know for sure Glazers have to get money from somewhere to continue as owners.

Probably they know, it's only them and JR on the table.
So it's decision time for Glazers from Qataris.

My thoughts too.

This is how this is being reported at £1.5bn but that makes no sense.

12.5% of 69% (113m) class B shares is 14.125m
And 12.5% of 31%(50m) is 6.25m Class A shares

Even if both were offered enterprise of $38
That’s only $775m or £635m Amd that’s not £1 billion, my guess is this is being reported wrong again and it’s 25% of Class A and 25% of class B shares which is £1.3 billion plus £200m investment to allow Cashflow improvements.

I would have thought it would be 25% of the clubs value, circa $1.5bil. Of that, an equal amount would be spent on class b and class a, regardless of the proportion that gives him of each.

Ot it may not be equal at all and he is trying to buy the class A from the hedgefundss that where thretning leagal action.

And more importantly, we don't know why only 25%. Why not buy all Class A plus the Class B belonging to the 4 Glazers that want out?

Regardless, still think 25% is a stepping stone to full ownership.

They're creaming their pants on Reddit over this. :lol: Didn't learn their lesson back in May. Oh well. The Times have been in Jimmy's pocket the entire time and maintained he was still the favourite to win the bid even amid the June Bloomberg piece and reports of potential lawsuits against INEOS. They said a preferred bidder would be named in mid-June. None of these people have a clue.

Their silence is telling as are the delayed fourth quarter and end of year accounts where United were rumoured to have record revenues of £630-640m, all of the leaks in July and August that they had done the deal then nothing absolutely nothing for 6-7 weeks.

If fans really believe they have not heard back from the Raine Group in that period then they are deluded, conversations would have been ongoing trying to get the SJ/92 foundation to up their bid and it looks quite possibly they are not budging, simply because they have to pay the debt off to take over the club 100% and then de list the club.

Four Glazer Siblings prefer SJ bid
Class A share holders prefer SJ bid
Bank of America prefers SJ bid
The Creditors prefer SJ bid
85% of the fans prefer SJ bid
Employees at the club prefer SJ bid
The Manager prefers SJ bid
The Players prefer SJ bid

Joel and Avram prefer INEOS bid
British Media Prefer INEOS bid
19 other PL teams prefer INEOS bid

We will find out soon who’s actually won, not releasing last year financial report is quite telling especially if nothing is heard on that front in the next week.

Their silence is telling as are the delayed fourth quarter and end of year accounts where United were rumoured to have record revenues of £630-640m, all of the leaks in July and August that they had done the deal then nothing absolutely nothing for 6-7 weeks.

If fans really believe they have not heard back from the Raine Group in that period then they are deluded, conversations would have been ongoing trying to get the SJ/92 foundation to up their bid and it looks quite possibly they are not budging, simply because they have to pay the debt off to take over the club 100% and then de list the club.

We will find out soon who’s actually won, not releasing last year financial report is quite telling especially if nothing is heard on that front in the next week.
They have until 31st October don't they?

If those figures are not released within the next 7-10 days, does that indicate more toward a full sales rather than partial investment?

He doesn’t if it’s a minority investment, he’s just an investor buying shares for cash which may or may not be invested by the shareholders, however his bid makes very little sense right now ?
For future takeover. He can buy all the shares he wants up until that last share that has him takes over. Then A class shares comes into play.
Cayman Island laws protects the minority investors, I can’t see how buying some A class shares suddenly makes all those problems go away. It’s just the B class share problem extended outward a little bit.
Or so I’m understanding it?

Bit baffled by the Qatar approach at this point. Very tired, Robbie.
What's baffling? they made offers, they didn't want to overpay anymore to the extent the Glazers wanted .... so nothing has come of it. But they have left the bid on the table incase Glazers change there mind

If it's 25% now with a guarantee he slowly buys them out until they lose control in the next few years then I can love with it.

If it's not a guarantee then I'd be very worried

You don't know any of that. Players and Manager prefer the SJ bid? come on!

Four Glazer Siblings just want to get paid. If Joel and Avram want to keep a stakes in the club, you not think their siblings will allow them the time and opportunity to find a deal that will allow them to do so?

85% of the fans prefer SJ bid? Where is that poll from? Mark Goldbridge?

Why would the creditors prefer a SJ bid? Surely they would rather keep the payments coming in on a longer term and keep making their interest?

Four Glazer Siblings just want to get paid. If Joel and Avram want to keep a stakes in the club, you not think their siblings will allow them the time and opportunity to find a deal that will allow them to do so?

Why would the creditors prefer a SJ bid? Surely they would rather keep the payments coming in on a longer term and keep making their interest?
The 25% offer does not get them paid does it.

The 25% offer does not get them paid does it.
Well it does, but it's very litte.

It'll be 25% of the club in Class A and B shares in equal amount, so it'd likely be what... 12.5% Class B and 12.5% Class A? Essentially 2.08% or so of each siblings Class B shares, so very little money for each of them.

Either that, or it'll be 25% of Class B and 25% of Class A shares? I don't know how they're going to work it, but it'll still work out at not very much per sibling and they'll have to wait a while for the rest obviously. Its just bloody confusing and more trouble than it's worth in my opinion

It'll be 25% of the club in Class A and B shares in equal amount, so it'd likely be what... 12.5% Class B and 12.5% Class A? Essentially 2.08% or so of each siblings Class B shares, so very little money for each of them.

Either that, or it'll be 25% of Class B and 25% of Class A shares? I don't know how they're going to work it, but it'll still work out at not very much per sibling and they'll have to wait a while for the rest obviously. Its just bloody confusing and more trouble than it's worth in my opinion
No it's about 12%. Good luck getting them to agree on that split :lol:

The Qatar deal is just so much easier for them. The longer it drags on (particularly if 2/3 of the siblings are pushing for a sale) the more appealing their offer becomes.

Im not sure that's how percentages work. Unless I am missing something, If he is taking 12.5% of the total class B shares, which are evenly split over the 6 Glazers, then he is taking 12.5% of each Glazers share of the class B shares, which in total comes back to 12.5% of the overall Class B share take. So each is giving up 12.5% of their holding of class B, or 1/8. Still not huge, but much more significant than 2%. Sorry to be the pedant.

That split may not be even in the end, but you get the principle.

No it's about 12%. Good luck getting them to agree on that split :lol:

The Qatar deal is just so much easier for them. The longer it drags on (particularly if 2/3 of the siblings are pushing for a sale) the more appealing their offer becomes.

So is this crunch time?

I do not have access to The Times so I do not know what the tone of the article is?

Bit baffled by the Qatar approach at this point. Very tired, Robbie.

Very few actually knows their approach, and that includes the writer of the times article, who is known to get it wrong:
Remember when Matt Lawton claimed this...

It's a financial acquisition so the sports journalists likely don't have the required networks to actually know anything.

Very few actually knows their approach, and that includes the writer of the times article, who is known to get it wrong:

It's a financial acquisition so the sports journalists likely don't have the required networks to actually know anything.
Correct. Those involved in the Qatari bid just seem to leak far, far less about the negotiations than the Rat Pack.

I think Qatar are banking on the team being shit and the pressure cranking up on the Glazers.

The shitter we are on the field the less time they have to drag things out
Us being shit on the pitch is just channeling the focus onto the team and manager, not the owners.

Us being shit on the pitch will only lessen the value so much come May if we don't get CL for next season. Even then it'll have little effect as our sponsorship deals and the upcoming TV deal are keeping the club value high.

And there is the problem right in front of you. The club needs a huge capital investment. If Joel and Avram stay on as majority owners, where in the feck is the investment coming from?

Correct. Those involved in the Qatari bid just seem to leak far, far less about the negotiations than the Rat Pack.
Does make me wonder what Ratcliffe thinks he's gaining by leaking all this crap out. By leaking that he's willing to buy a minority stake and leave the Glazers in charge, all he's going to do is turn the United fanbase against him in record time... clearly not a move from someone who is serious about buying the club, even in the mid-long term, especially after all his PR arse kissing when he declared his interest. Reeks of a man who knows he's beaten and doesn't really care

Not sure why everyone's so up in arms about the Times article.

They are as objective when it comes to the INEOS bid as the Telegraph are when discussing the Tories.

I do find it funny the Glazers' big brain strategy of claiming how the team is supposedly on the up is being used against them now :lol:. Bloody idiots.

And there is the problem right in front of you. The club needs a huge capital investment. If Joel and Avram stay on as majority owners, where in the feck is the investment coming from?

No where. It will be less in everyone's pocket if United fail to qualify for Europe next season.

Not sure why everyone's so up in arms about the Times article.

They are as objective when it comes to the INEOS bid as the Telegraph are when discussing the Tories.

I do find it funny the Glazers' big brain strategy of claiming how the team is supposedly on the up is being used against them now :lol:. Bloody idiots.

They have been counter punched on since that Sunday Mail article. Anthony situation, more leaks, Sancho stand off etc..
They put the mockers on everything since they said Ten Hag could "win the major trophies to increase the value."

Does make me wonder what Ratcliffe thinks he's gaining by leaking all this crap out. By leaking that he's willing to buy a minority stake and leave the Glazers in charge, all he's going to do is turn the United fanbase against him in record time... clearly not a move from someone who is serious about buying the club, even in the mid-long term, especially after all his PR arse kissing when he declared his interest. Reeks of a man who knows he's beaten and doesn't really care
I'm with you and find it baffling if INEOS give a single shite about fan perception. With every newly reported convoluted structure, most fans are just thinking, "this deal is getting worse all the time." Trying to play Devil's Advocate (or Rat's Advocate in this case), perhaps they think if they've shown people all avenues were exhausted and they intend to take full control from the Glazers eventually, the fans will be more accepting of a shitty deal. With these increasingly shitty (from a fan perspective) structures, it seems he is desperate to prevail and is not willing or able to win by buying it all now (either due to his rival beating him or the Glazer valuation being unrealistic for all comers).

Personally, I am of the opinion that Ol' Jimmy absolutely loves that his name and the name of his company are being affiliated with Man Utd, so all of these articles have that benefit regardless of anything else.

From the very little we know about what's happening on the Qatari side, they may be at the valuation they believe is fair and feel they have little incentive to raise unless presented with a rival bid that is actually viable (i.e. will pass without the Glazers and the Board being sued), is seeking at least a majority stake, and beats their own valuation. This is all under the presupposition that the Qatari valuation and the Glazer valuation remain too far apart for a deal to be close. The reality is that we have no idea how advanced those talks might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.