Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaffs

Yes but 1 billion dollar question, would you take that $1 billion now, knowing the club is in crisis or would you wait for Knight in shining armour (Jimmy Ratcliffe) to bail you out and hopefully make United great again, his recent track record at other clubs probably doesn’t fill Bryan, Kevin, Edward and Darcy with that much confidence?)
Not really sure i understand the point here?

Our understanding is that Bryan, Kevin, Edward and Darcy want out asap.

Would this 25% stake that Jim is reportedly prepared to buy going to cash them out?

pascell

One thing that I keep thinking about is how the line of “he doesn’t want to overpay” gets thrown out for Jassim. I get that but he’s at the point now where surely he’s just come too far to get embarrassed by losing the deal over a relatively small amount for a state.

I think surely he just pays and gets it done.
Think you're clutching at straws here. He's made his "take it or leave it" bid based on advice given to him what represents a fair deal to purchase Man Utd. If he goes back and bids over what his current bid represents to get closer to the Glazers valuation, he'll look like he's weak because Ratcliffe and the Glazers have forced his hand and his last bid wasn't actually "take it or leave it".

There's a limit to what people will pay for United in the current market and we all know the reported valuations from the Glazers are hugely inflated.

gaffs

How I see it pan out:
- Ratcliffe minority stake. Allows Glazers to get by for another 5 years minimum if there is no on field success, to a maximum of 10 years if some form of success comes through or even genuine potential.
- Eventually, Glazers get fed up primarily due to them not being able to sustain the club without further private equity funding, the situation we have now.
- Leads to Ratcliffe full takeover.

You are looking at a timeline of between 5-10 years for this.
Jim aint waiting 5 to 10 years for control. The man is 70 now.

There is zero logic in him buying a 25% stake now, unless there is a quick and clear path to majority ownership.

Woziak

I can’t listen anymore I’m afraid but it’s being recorded so you’ll be able to go back and listen.
Relax, we still don’t know what SJ actually bid or not bid because of NDA’s…..For all we know both the Glazers, Raine group are playing their poker face and the silence from Qatar this time is telling, they have not said they are walking away gracefully now have they, my gut tell me this gets done at close to £6 billion for the greedy Goblins with Qatar bring successful just before Christmas.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Think you're clutching at straws here. He's made his "take it or leave it" bid based on advice given to him what represents a fair deal to purchase Man Utd. If he goes back and bids over what his current bid represents to get closer to the Glazers valuation, he'll look like he's weak because Ratcliffe and the Glazers have forced his hand and his last bid wasn't actually "take it or leave it".

There's a limit to what people will pay for United in the current market and we all know the reported valuations from the Glazers are hugely inflated.
Yes but didn't he already bid a "take it or leave it" offer, then went back and increased it anyway?

Whats saying he won't do it again, especially if the bid on the table IS £5.5bn and the Glazers want £6bn minimum? Would they really miss out on the club for sake of £500m? I don't think they would. Reports state that Raine has been in dialogue with both parties, i'm pretty sure some headway has been made

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
One thing that I keep thinking about is how the line of “he doesn’t want to overpay” gets thrown out for Jassim. I get that but he’s at the point now where surely he’s just come too far to get embarrassed by losing the deal over a relatively small amount for a state.

I think surely he just pays and gets it done.
It's not just the purchase of the shares to get the Glazers out, I'm guessing he would also want to buy out the A class shares.
Then there's the cost involved in sorting out the club infrastructure, starting with OT itself and Carrington.
That's before you start to look at the squad, paying out to get rid of deadwood etc.
The total investment has to be in the region £7-8bn

MegadrivePerson

Jim aint waiting 5 to 10 years for control. The man is 70 now.

There is zero logic in him buying a 25% stake now, unless there is a quick and clear path to majority ownership.
70 is the new 40!

We live in a world where an 81 year old will be running for US President next year!

Redstain

How I see it pan out:
- Ratcliffe minority stake. Allows Glazers to get by for another 5 years minimum if there is no on field success, to a maximum of 10 years if some form of success comes through or even genuine potential.
- Eventually, Glazers get fed up primarily due to them not being able to sustain the club without further private equity funding, the situation we have now.
- Leads to Ratcliffe full takeover.

You are looking at a timeline of between 5-10 years for this.
That's totally unrealistic as the time of 5-10 years for view of full ownership would represent foolishness of an investment over 1 billion. Within that time if the club recedes further the individual taking up the mantle would be Ratcliffe.

I wouldn't mind Ratcliffe or Qatar it's at this point that even a London School Of Economics graduate would probably better run the club than the clown show currently witnessed with the Glazers.

pascell

Yes but didn't he already bid a "take it or leave it" offer, then went back and increased it anyway?

Whats saying he won't do it again, especially if the bid on the table IS £5.5bn and the Glazers want £6bn minimum? Would they really miss out on the club for sake of £500m? I don't think they would. Reports state that Raine has been in dialogue with both parties, i'm pretty sure some headway has been made
His last bid was "take it or leave it" after a flurry of others.

But it's not £6bn, that's for the Glazers shares, they'll then have to pay market rate for the remaining shares. Just because the Glazers value their shares at £6bn doesn't mean we're worth £6bn.

dpansheth

Two points worth considering for me:
1) if NDAs are effective and in place why do we know some details of this Rat’s bid?
2) Glazers grew up in US and owned Bucs in FL. Key difference between an NFL franchise anda European club is, on-field success ultimately dictates your cash flows. They miscalculated what they could make out of United. (They are dumber than their old man)

gaffs

In my opinion, Radcliffe has come to the conclusion/realisation that Glazers have zero intention of a full sale. (Well, Joel & Avram anyway)
I think we have know this for nearly a year now.

Id say thats why he adjusted his bid to 50%, it doesnt make any sense to go from an aim of a 100% purchase, to 50% ... unless he knew for sure now a 100% bid was a waste of time. But then theres the whole thing about if the two last parasites stayed, they would still hold sway on control over the board/club decisions. If this was the case he shouldnt touch the deal, the whole thing would be pointless and just giving them more money.

These new reports thats he's planning on possibly going for a minority share, it just doesnt make sense to me. Glazers would essentially still be in complete control. It seems like Radcliffe just wants a piece of the pie at this stage. Because if he does that aiming to take full control at some point, he could be in for a shock in trying to move them on/ buy them out. God knows how long they would stay. Especially with the reports of what they think the club will be worth in 10 years. :rolleyes:

I said at the first announcement, Ill believe them leaving when its official. They will drag everyone along for a ride with no outcome. They are simply just too greedy. Only thing thing that matters to them is £££
This isnt buying 25% just for the sake of it. If it happens, it is clearly the first step in Ineos taking full control. There is no logic in Ineos buying 25% and being indefinite minority shareholders.

Woziak

Not really sure i understand the point here?

Our understanding is that Bryan, Kevin, Edward and Darcy want out asap.

Would this 25% stake that Jim is reportedly prepared to buy going to cash them out?
No the opposite it would make them wait for their money that’s why I think INEOS latest bid is not tenable, the Glazers have been offered minority investment by Ariel and Elliot’s for the same value, why would they accept INEOS but decline those, it’s clear they want the full sale and this looks like a last desperate play by a man who knows he’s losing.

The key here is no announcements of last year financial performance report on Monday. So if they produce it now and not announce any Amendment to ownership structure, there would be penalties, let’s wait and see but my gut tells me something happens in the next few weeks with last years financial report being accompanied by a new buy out M & A deal and SJ wining.

gaffs

1) if NDAs are effective and in place why do we know some details of this Rat’s bid?
2) Glazers grew up in US and owned Bucs in FL. Key difference between an NFL franchise anda European club is, on-field success ultimately dictates your cash flows. They miscalculated what they could make out of United. (They are dumber than their old man)
Massive miscalculation They have made hundreds of millions already for a small initial stake and could be about to cash out for billions.

The kids and the late father, as self made billionaire, must be dumb as feck! :wenger:

croadyman

Admire people who see positives in buying a minority stake because they think he will gain full control eventually. So how far down the table are we gonna be by that point then

cyberman

????????????????
How does it? We can pretend it does if we ignore every piece of news over the last 12 months. Glazers can simply do this with any minority investor who would would buy their shares and pump their own money in. From what I reading there not even a hint of Jim doing that.
Instead we get these massive reaches of Jim buying shares but telling Glazers how to spend their own money and being in total control of who Glazers can sell to. It’s an impressive amount of mind twisting.
Companies etc purchase minority stakes all the time. It’s a regular occurrence. For that to be framed as some sort of illogical step to even consider so it must mean there’s some grand plan to somehow buy them out in 2026 is hilarious. But there were the same posters who told me Sir Jim would never leave the Glazers in control or have a say at United when Jim invests so much so I’m dying to see how this is explained now

JediSith

This isnt buying 25% just for the sake of it. If it happens, it is clearly the first step in Ineos taking full control. There is no logic in Ineos buying 25% and being indefinite minority shareholders.
The publicity and marketing for INEOS sports and car brands will still be worth it.

Even when INEOS Brigadiers are parked outside OT and Carrington some still won’t realise he’s just leeching off of the brand.

gaffs

No the opposite it would make them wait for their money that’s why I think INEOS latest bid is not tenable, the Glazers have been offered minority investment by Ariel and Elliot’s for the same value, why would they accept INEOS but decline those, it’s clear they want the full sale and this looks like a last desperate play by a man who knows he’s losing.
Do we know how much Ariel or Elliot was looking to buy?

I think as long as Bryan, Kevin, Edward and Darcy get top $ for their portion of the club, it doesn't matter if it comes from Ineos or Qatar.

I believe Avram and Joel want to keep hold of their stock, even if they have to convert from Class B to Class A.

The key here is no announcements of last year financial performance report on Monday. So if they produce it now and not announce any Amendment to ownership structure, there would be penalties, let’s wait and see but my gut tells me something happens in the next few weeks with last years financial report being accompanied by a new buy out M & A deal and SJ wining.
Couldn't this work either way? The delay could be a pre-cursor to a change in ownership in favor of Ineos.

croadyman

Losing bidder that has showed itself to be prepared to pay well over the odds for a football club? Not exactly a good look. And not great should they regroup and try and buy another club.
Would rather lose Ratcliffe than Jassim

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
They paid themselves £3m each (£18m total) in dividends last year, not bad money for doing bugger all

Rojofiam

Even if you don't want Ratcliffe you should be able to see that this is almost certainly the case.

Middle Eastern blood money has blinded our fanbase.

Spoony

The People's President
:eek:

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

Why would the Glazers sell the whole lot to Inneos over the next few years? Would they be getting more cash? why wouldn't they want the money as soon as possible?

gaffs

Even if you don't want Ratcliffe you should be able to see that this is almost certainly the case.

I think some of the fanbase think a club sale should be as easy as a player transfer.

This isnt Chelsea - one owner sells to one buyer.

United ownership has been sliced and diced over the years. Different owners want different things, even those from the same family.

Jim seems the only one experienced and pragmatic enough to understand this, which is why i think he will be the one that eventually prevails.

wolvored

This 25% is both parasites shares and some other investors shares so they will still have a big majority. Of course the selling investors along with the leeches will want all the money

gaffs

Why would the Glazers sell the whole lot to Inneos over the next few years? Would they be getting more cash? why wouldn't they want the money as soon as possible?
Who said that they will sell the whole lot to Inneos?

Joel and Avram want to keep their stake because they think the current valuation is way less that what it will be in the future. Other family members seem to want their cash now.
Inneos the only party currently interested in satisfying both needs.

EireRed_GS

But if Ineos pushing a deal, and theres nothing in there that says 'after X years Glazers have to sell another % or the remaining shares, then thats a realistic possibility. Glazers would be under no obligation to let go of anything else and just sit back and let the $$ roll in as they have done this last 18 years. Then any investments to the club / infrastructure that are needed, they will be Ineos's problem now, because the Glazers wont lift a finger.

Radcliffe never had the money for a full sale in the first place so the 50% plan came as no surprise, (it was prob ideal for him). 25% prob works even better for him now.

I would though fully expect Ineos to have sort of plan to move forward in acquiring more shares along the line. They would be mad not to. Unless for Sir Jim, it really is about owning a piece of the pie. (Im praying its not). When Ineos can aquire those shares is anybody's guess, as Glazers have shown they will be reluctant in letting anymore of their cash cow go.

Glazers have proven to the world this last 18months that they cant be trusted in business dealings, so id say Ineos will be extremely cautious on moving forward with this regardless.

Hester_manc

Glazer's arrogance is stunning. It's so crazy that they haven't even come up with an update on the status of the club, but just respond with resounding silence. No statements about a possible sale, no statements and a possible rejection of the sale, no statement about extended time to make a decision, nothing new about the case for several months.

It's crazy how much the fans, players, manager and the whole club have to put up with.

cyberman

Who said that they will sell the whole lot to Inneos?

Joel and Avram want to keep their stake because they think the current valuation is way less that what it will be in the future. Other family members seem to want their cash now.
Inneos the only party currently interested in satisfying both needs.
That was their first bid that they’ve revised twice since then. Just pure assumption

George The Best

Can someone please explain how any of this is of ’strategic importance’ to Manchester United Football Club.

The principal aims of the review were to seek ways of improving the club - not lining shareholders pockets with no benefit to the club whatsoever.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Can someone please explain how any of this is of ’strategic importance’ to Manchester United Football Club.

The principal aims of the review were to seek ways of improving the club - not lining shareholders pockets with no benefit to the club whatsoever.
That was all always just meaningless corporate speak.

MDFC Manager

Hopefully the shareholders (looking at you @Pexbo) ask the same questions if there RatBid is accepted

Dazzmondo

On our current trajectory we might not even be in the Premier League by 2026. This is terrible news and it's actually mind boggling that anyone could try to position this as a good thing. The club is going to shit

Shinjch

They won't make a decision until there is no decision to be made. That is just how they operate.

SmallCaine

The amount of delusion qatar haters have has basically reached the point of Maga folks who believe the orange guy is still president The shit they will try to convince themselves of is unbelievable.

So we are supposed to believe the guy who started out with I want to buy the whole club then on seeing the price went to I guess I can't afford the whole club but I definitely want to buy the glazer shares to further slide to maybe I get the majority of the glazer shares to finally I will take a minority interest will actually come through and get glazers out and not just enjoy himself bragging to his buddies he owns man utd.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
On our current trajectory we might not even be in the Premier League by 2026. This is terrible news and it's actually mind boggling that anyone could try to position this as a good thing. The club is going to shit
Terrible news for sure, but let's not exaggerate things now.

Status
Not open for further replies.