Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The testosterone levels in here are rising tonight.

Everyone needs to chill. We all want the same for the club and that’s to challenge at the top again.

But people seem to have “picked a side” and won’t budge.

These should be exciting times yet everyone is frustrated and angry. This is what a Glazer regime does to us all.
I agree. Although there are some who purposely turn up in here to antagonise others when the news starts to get a little quiet.

The whole process has dragged on for far too long now so people are obviously feeling frustrated, as this could totally torpedo any kind of decent summer window we could have had, regardless of who took over. Then add the breaking news of exclusivity to one side, followed by utter silence from journalists for the next 2 days and you have yourself one very volatile thread on the Caf.

This is contradictory as your second sentence contradicts the first. If you believe Reuters to be a credible source and aren't diminishing them why do we need to wait for 'more credible' sources? Unless I'm reading what you've posted wrong.

Always best to get multiple sources before believing something that hasn't been publicly confirmed. That's not a dig a Reuters, who do good work. Its simply stacking the odds in your favor by obtaining multiple sources, especially on a story of monumental importance.

Reuters, AFP, and AP are generally in the same category imo.

But the afp one wasn't a denial, it said they were awaiting clarity which is entirely consistent with negotiating for exclusivity.

Reuters source could be the Glazers. Just because they are legit doesn't mean their stories and sources don't also have some sort of agenda. Just seems silly to start stanning for news corps, and choosing to believe one over another.
The irony in this we've all been hanging on Mike Keegans ever word most of this process and he's one of the least reliable when it come to transfer news so... I think I'd like to believe there's some truth in what Reuters are saying here.

If you haven't already listen to the podcast on the Reuters site there's a very good reason behind the news that the Qatari man is being favoured.

Always best to get multiple sources before believing something that hasn't been publicly confirmed. That's not a dig a Reuters, who do good work. Its simply stacking the odds in your favor by obtaining multiple sources, especially on a story of monumental importance.
Oh I agree multiple sources are always better than one shot in the dark however good that shot is. I just don't think Reuters are being given enough credit, they are quite a credible source, particularly if we consider Mike keegan has been our goto most of the time through this process.

Did you listen to the Reuters podcast after they broke the story, I found it interesting.

But the afp one wasn't a denial, it said they were awaiting clarity which is entirely consistent with negotiating for exclusivity.

It wasn't a corroboration which was the important bit. The Reuters story could well be true, but the AFP piece did not in any way confirm it.

It wasn't a corroboration which was the important bit. The Reuters story could well be true, but the AFP piece did not in any way confirm it.

But it didn't deny it. When something as reputable as reuters reports something, you can't say other reports are conflicting because they didn't confirm it, conflicting would imply a denial of the reuters report

That is an addendum to the first sentence of the article where they say they are still awaiting clarity. If they are still awaiting clarity they would obviously not have anything to add because they are saying they themselves don't know.

That is an addendum to the first sentence of the article where they say they are still awaiting clarity. If they are still awaiting clarity they would obviously not have anything to add because they are saying they themselves don't know.

Again awaiting clarity does not conflict with negotiating for exclusivity because they would be awaiting clarity on whether they'd been granted exclusivity

Again awaiting clarity does not conflict with negotiating for exclusivity because they would be awaiting clarity on whether they'd been granted exclusivity

It neither confirms nor conflicts with it. We would want something far more substantial than this to run with the information as if its a done deal.

It's still not a denial of the 'negotiating exclusivity' is it? They are not mutually exclusive.

It neither confirms nor conflicts with it. We would want something far more substantial than this to run with the information as if its a done deal.

Well its not a done deal, but I'd be confident in saying Qatar are in pole position, and given the state of the global debt marker and that Ratcliffe has consistently tried to buy less of the club than Qatar, I can't see him doing what's necessary and upping his offer

Well its not a done deal, but I'd be confident in saying Qatar are in pole position, and given the state of the global debt marker and that Ratcliffe has consistently tried to buy less of the club than Qatar, I can't see him doing what's necessary and upping his offer
It will presumably take a bit of time for him to potentially revise his offer as it is financed.

You guys are playing word games now. The report's written in a way that is obvious the sources were asked about the reuters news and they were responding to it.

It will presumably take a bit of time for him to potentially revise his offer as it is financed.

Tbh I just don't see him upping the offer. He clearly doesn't want to spend close to Qatar that's why he's been offering for less shares.

You guys are playing word games now. The report's written in a way that is obvious the sources were asked about the reuters news and they were responding to it.

The sources could be under an NDA, they might just not want to talk, who knows. Conflicting means a denial, it doesn't mean a non confirmation

I get everything perfectly fine but I just don't care about certain things. Type whatever the feck you want via pm if that's gonna be some sort of needed release for you. You're that irrelevant to me

Perfect example of what I was talking about. We have some absolute cnuts in our fan base who have no concept of comradery.

The testosterone levels in here are rising tonight.

Everyone needs to chill. We all want the same for the club and that’s to challenge at the top again.

But people seem to have “picked a side” and won’t budge.

These should be exciting times yet everyone is frustrated and angry. This is what a Glazer regime does to us all.

If there's one thing that unites 99.9% of United fans it's that the Glazers are an absolute shower of cnuts.

Wish they'd just take the money and feck off.

Wankers.

Moyes was absolutely a huge division. Honestly if you're weren't on here at that time you can't imagine what it was like, after I think fhe league Cup knockout by Sunderland basically every game had half the fans calling for his head and others saying he needed more time. You had stewards being sent to protect the chosen one banner at old Trafford, you had fans rent a plane to fly above the stadium saying Moyes out :lol: it barely even feels real, it was like some bizarre fever dream

That was a dark time in the clubs history.

The man had no business being manager of Manchester United.

This will be the case regardless who buys us? Ineos and their toxic waste and their JP morgan and Saudi arabia connections arent any less bloody than Qatar.
How can you say that there is no difference between
For Plant and Berbz

Guess who just got back today?
Them thread banned boys that had been away
Nothin’s changed, or so The Times may say
But man, I still think them cats are crazy

They were askin' if Jassim’s around
How he was, where he could be found
I told 'em he was livin' in Doha town
Drivin' old Jim Brexit crazy

The boys are back in town (the boys are back in town)
I said (the boys are back in town)
(The boys are back in town)
The boys are back in town

You know that Sheikh that used to bid a lot
Every night he’d be on the floor, ‘Sheikhin' what he’s got
Man, when I tell you he was cool, he was red-hot
But I mean, that’s Sportswashin'

And that time over at Sir Jim’s place
Well, Reuters got up and they slapped Jimmy’s face
Man, we just fell about the place
If that Sheikh don't wanna bid, just forget him

I said (the boys are back in town)

Rio spread the word around
Sheikh Jassim’s back in town
Rio just spread the word around

Friday night Plant’s dressed to kill
Gazing in Berba’s windowsill
The bids will flow and blood will spill
And if Man City wanna cheat, the FA will let 'em

That jukebox in the corner blastin' out Plant’s favorite song…
‘Jimmy Jimmy’ by the Undertones
Won't be long 'til summer comes
and those Glazer boys keep us all waitin’

(The boys are back in town) spread the word around
Next step is to record it.

That was a dark time in the clubs history.

The man had no business being manager of Manchester United.

Every time it felt like we'd reached the nadir it somehow got worse, the 81 crosses game was something I'll never forget, the hope and moyes's joy at finally taking the lead, only to concede a stoppage time equaliser

It's widely reported that the Glazers asked the psg owner for help regarding the sale. Nowhere have I seen anything about Jassim asking them about anything at all. Can you show us this information and I'll believe you but otherwise I think you're getting your wires crossed?

In regards to UTD having a better future they are the GOOD guys going by the 2 bids.
It has been reported several times. Athletic also reported it but can’t post/access the full article now.
But here is another one for you:
https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...-khelaifi-to-help-increase-sheikh-jassims-bid

Every time it felt like we'd reached the nadir it somehow got worse, the 81 crosses game was something I'll never forget, the hope and moyes's joy at finally taking the lead, only to concede a stoppage time equaliser

Yeah it was brutal the only thing that's came close was the Rangnick era in terms of sheer hopelessness.

Let me make this clear right now. People who don’t want Qatar 100% have better standards of morals. That is absolutely true. I’m not ashamed to say that at all.
So you are a moral parangón who is able to decide who have higher morals. Even though you don’t know anyone here in their day to day lives, just supporting Qatar makes someone a moral inferior to you?

Reactions: Rood
For the people who prefer Ratcliffe:

What do you make of his ownership tenure at Nice so far? And how does that not worry you?

He seems more incompetent than the Glazers.

Status
Not open for further replies.