Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not about ‘being like PSG’. It’s about how far has each owner taken the club they bought.

Man Utd isn’t PSG - it has its own identity.

Ratcliffe took over Nice - they have not improved. At all.

Qatar took over PSG - they have improved. A lot.

Add to that Rat’s ownership style - clueless nepotism, hands off, bizarre recruitment, out of touch - SOUND FAMILIAR??

Ratcliffe is a dangerous owner for Utd fans - make no mistake. Because you’re already accustomed to accepting all the crap decisions he’ll make.

He will sink Utd further. I guarantee it.
And Qatar will be perfect? Do you guarantee that?

Is it a fact that the debt will be put on Ineos?

This has been done a death, United have struggled to pay off a £700 million loan over 18 years and you think we could sustain a loan several times that or that even someone would be stupid enough to give that loan, United's revenue is circa £650 million pounds, Ineos revenue is over 60 billion, Ineos profits have been over 2 billion euros in the recent past, any company will use debt to make an acquisition because its booked as debt on a balance sheet it will give a lot of tax breaks, if Apple made a big acquisition tomorrow they would use debt for this exact reason even if you had the cash and were running a business it makes sense to buy something with debt for these reasons.

INEOS could have thrown a shit load of money at it and finished second, I’m sure of that. They clearly didn’t want to do that and haven’t been as successful as Qatar due to that.

And that’s reasoning too .
We currently need a shitload of money to be invested, both in players and infrastructure till we start winning again , i.e. increasing our cashflows again. Man city and chelsea will continue to spend big , so would you say this line about INEOS after 4-5 year: “they clearly didn’t want to do that”

Nope. They are putting the debt for the money they are burrowing to pay the money sucking glazers on INEOS, Our current debt wouldn't be cleared or even paid down. They are just saying no new debt and we won't be used to pay the debt RATcliffe and INEOS are taking on but we 100% will eventually. RATcliffe and INEOS are just paying the glazers to buy a percentage of the club.
Isnt that RATcliffe thing a bit childish?

Really poor from Jay Motty to post that without context.

I remember this from the time. The presenter was trying to push him into revealing his sources behind a particular story.

No journalist worth their salt would betray their sources and this is common knowledge. The presenter was behaving very unprofessionally in this instance and Lipton was bang on the money to call her out.

Not true. Bayern, Barca and Madrid have been ultra successful over the last 10-15 years without being owned by an oil state or even having an owner as rich as SJR.

That's true, it wouldn't be the exact same. But I also think it'd be wishful to think that it wouldn't have a diminishing effect, at least to some degree. Are you comfortable with that?

Bayern, Barca and Madrid don't play in leagues with the same kind of competition for top 4. Newcastle are almost certain to become top 4 mainstays, if Qatar buys Liverpool they will too, and city already are. That means we'll be competing against arsenal Chelsea and spurs for one spot every season

Apparently Jamie Jackson said he’d be surprised if it’s not Qatar, while he was on a youtube interview this morning

Probably nothing. But he has been first with some info during all this

I’m calling it now. If Ratcliffe bid gets accepted, Elliot or some other investment firm builds/renovates the stadium and training ground. Please please remember this .. because when it happens I will be reminding all those cheering Ratcliffe and ignoring all the clear red flags.
Bookmarked this.

That's true, it wouldn't be the exact same. But I also think it'd be wishful to think that it wouldn't have a diminishing effect, at least to some degree. Are you comfortable with that?

Tbh I don’t really care about taking any moral high ground at this point. I think Jim Ratcliffe’s ownership where he’s willing to keep the Glazers on in any capacity and unwillingness to clear the existing debt could have a far more diminishing effect on the club.

Bayern, Barca and Madrid don't play in leagues with the same kind of competition for top 4. Newcastle are almost certain to become top 4 mainstays, if Qatar buys Liverpool they will too, and city already are. That means we'll be competing against arsenal Chelsea and spurs for one spot every season

City have a great manager. That's the main reason for their success. Chelsea were financial doping with oil money long before it became fashionable and United was well able to keep pace with them. This season they've spent more money than any state owned club ever and look at the state of them! There's clearly more than one way to be successful. Look at the club that ran City closest in the league this season.

PSG -> had no competition in the league in terms of spending money (not sure of the exact numbers but wasn't it like transfer fees more than 90% of the league combined, and wages more than 70% of the league combined) and attracting players, no real FFP limits till the last few years
Nice -> spending within FFP limits, already competition in the league in terms of attracting players
So yeah, same conditions to compare them fairly. Ok.

‘Rat will sink Utd further than the glazers’

‘Yes, but are Qatar perfect?’

‘I never claimed they were or weren’t, I claimed that the other owner is actively dangerous for Man Utd’

‘But are Qatar perfect?’
Ok, let me rephrase that, do you guarantee Qatar ownership wont be dangerous?

PSG -> had no competition in the league in terms of spending money (not sure of the exact numbers but wasn't it like transfer fees more than 90% of the league combined, and wages more than 70% of the league combined) and attracting players, no real FFP limits till the last few years
Nice -> spending within FFP limits, already competition in the league in terms of attracting players

You don't need to compare PSG to Nice.
Just compare Nice with Nice before Ineos

Nope, they'd be taking the debt off the books of the club and placing them on to the holding company. And likely restructured on better terms.

Nope. None of the current debt would be touched and will stay. INEOS will take on the debt for the money they are burrowing from Woodward's old place of work which helped the money suckers leverage buy us

This argument has been brought up so often but also isn't convincing in the slightest. Nobody expects them to compete with PSG (at least straight away). But they have zero progress so far and you can't tell me it would be that hard to get into the CL places in France regularly with a multi billionaire as an owner. Not if he has any clue or interest. One of the two things are lacking at Nice and I hope it's the interest part.

Imagine sacking ten Hag after finishing second in the PL on 95 points and losing the CL final.

Imagine sacking a manager because someone like Mbappé is given too much player power and doesn't fancy the manager anymore.

Imagine having a really solid team, but then forcing some unnecessary signing onto a manager because it's a big name, like Donnarumma replacing Navas, or signing a 34-year old Ramos and a 35-year old Messi, simply because they are huge names.

These are the sorts of things I expect Qatar would be doing.
Isn’t this basically Madrid, the most successful club on the planet?

We've no idea how Qatar would run the club. They might be brilliant or they might spend money badly on past-it players and get rid of the manager and replace him with Big Sam because he's as good as Klopp or Pep.

This is unlikely but nobody can say for sure they wouldn't do something like it.

City have a great manager. That's the main reason for their success. Chelsea were financial doping with oil money long before it became fashionable and United was well able to keep pace with them. This season they've spent more money than any state owned club ever and look at the state of them! There's clearly more than one way to be successful. Look at the club that ran City closest in the league this season.

:lol:

The main reason for City's success is spending so much money, people who say we've spent the same over the last decade ignore that City had a young team with players like aguero, toure, kompany, Silva who would each be like 80m plus players in current game and we needed a whole new side. They've also been shown to pay managers under the table, so no reason to think they wouldn't pay players under the table additional wages. They've also been able to maintain state of the art facilities at the same time as investing heavily in the team

Based on?

I'm sorry but this is a completely speculative argument!

Liverpool were put up for sale/investment before we were and Qatar weren't interested. They have a lower asking price and don't need major work on their stadium. If Qatar wanted to buy them they would have already done it!

Almost anything said about the future is a speculative argument. But we know that Quatar as unlimited money and will invest in everything and clear our debt.. And Ratcliffe will not be able to do the same.

The main reason for City's success is spending so much money, people who say we've spent the same over the last decade ignore that City had a young team with players like aguero, toure, kompany, Silva who would each be like 80m plus players in current game and we needed a whole new side. They've also been shown to pay managers under the table, so no reason to think they wouldn't pay players under the table additional wages. They've also been able to maintain state of the art facilities at the same time as investing heavily in the team

Nah, they would win feck all without a great manager. Guardiola is by far the single most important factor in their success.

Please point to where you have seen this?
The only thing I have seen confirmed is that Ineos bid will not be leveraged on the club but on Ineos. There is no suggestion he is clearing the club's debt or even renegotiating it.
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2023/feb/16/sir-jim-ratcliffe-manchester-united-bid-ineos
Nope. None of the current debt would be touched and will stay. INEOS will take on the debt for the money they are burrowing from Woodward's old place of work which helped the money suckers leverage buy us
Correct I stand corrected

Every manager has been successful for them though?

Nah, they would win feck all without a great manager. Guardiola is by far the single most important factor in their success.

Oh come on Pogue you have to be on a WUM there. You think Pep would win a single fecking trophy without the money that was pumped into that shithouse club?

Which one do you think would be most successful?
  1. Spending £1.5bn and having another manager.
  2. Having Guardiola but only spending within their means.

City would clearly win stuff without Pep but they wouldnt win as much without question in recent times without Guardiola Liverpool would have wiped the floor with them let's be real here there is no manager like Pep in the world and he is the main reason for City's domination over the past 7 years, buying players is easy it's getting them to play is the hard thing

Personally I’m not going to start twerking for Boris Johnson because he’s better than Hitler.

Bringing up Hitler into an unrelated argument......yeah you've already lost this one mate.

Do you want wealthy Sir Jim or do you want a human rights abusing and modern day slavery promoting regime? If it's the latter that's fine but just be aware of what it entails.

I know to some people it will sound something akin to heresy here on the Caf, but at least we knew why the Glazers wanted the club... to make money, grow the asset, then sod off!
I haven't heard anything 'concrete' from the Ratcliffe camp or from the Qatar contingent as to why they want to takeover United, what is in it for them?
From Ratcliffe's corner we 'hear' he would be happy if the Glazers keep 20% ownership.... eek! :annoyed:
From the Qatar camp we are led to believe that they are considering appointing ex-United, e.g. Scholes, Neville, etc. players, to 'major roles' within the club... (double) eek!! :eek: :eek:

Looks like the saying " be careful what you wish for" has something for us to worry about!

Status
Not open for further replies.