Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Glazers dragging their feet over this sale is perfectly emblematic of their time at United.
They never wanted to sell, they wanted to keep using the club as an ATM but they've ran it so badly that now the cash has dried up and they have no choice but to cash in. They were always going to go out stomping their feet though.

This thread hasn't changed in weeks and weeks people still shouting about Nice/PSG like it has any bearing on how Ineos/Qatar will run United should they win.

Anyone who is vehemently pro Qatar is doing because of money they want to be City or PSG with money being pumped in and the constant transfers etc at least be honest about it.

Anyone pro Jim Ratcliffe are so out of no other palatable owners on the table and even though he/Ineos have faults which they do.

I am probably not alone in wanting this whole sorry scenario being resolved one way or another

This thread hasn't changed in weeks and weeks people still shouting about Nice/PSG like it has any bearing on how Ineos/Qatar will run United should they win.

Anyone who is vehemently pro Qatar is doing because of money they want to be City or PSG with money being pumped in and the constant transfers etc at least be honest about it.

Anyone pro Jim Ratcliffe are so out of no other palatable owners on the table and even though he/Ineos have faults which they do.

I am probably not alone in wanting this whole sorry scenario being resolved one way or another
Find that hard to relate to. The two potential futures are very different to me and will last a very long time, possibly the rest of our lives. It seems odd to be like 'I don't care anymore, just pick one'.

The Glazers dragging their feet over this sale is perfectly emblematic of their time at United.

They have been fecking up their fecking off. Really hilarious, unless it's about the team You support.

All signs point to them squandering a final (and important) transfer window before leaving, just when the squad is starting to get their act together and needs to keep moving in the right direction to create momentum.

For me at least I can't get out my head the images of Avram Glazer in Qatar numerous times over the past year as well as going there around the WC. I still believe the prospect of selling the club even back then was on the table. I also believe the fact that they'll throw in the idea of letting them play some American Football over there quite enticing for the leeches.

In the end the Glazers just want money and the Qataris have more of it than INEOS so you'd think that's what will most likely happen. Not much else to do really but see if that turns out right or wrong.

It's obvious they're split though, no? If SJR is offering to keep Joel and Avram then that implies they are probably in two minds at least. I think that's only a small assumption to make to come to that conclusion. Unless you don't believe that SJR has even made that offer at all, then we're all in the dark. In that case, can we be sure the club is even for sale?

No offense taken, by the way. I dish it out so have to take it too!

The first time I learned about this selling strategy was over 30 yeast ago.

Initially in a selling process it’s easier (better from the seller’s perspective) to establish a preferred (higher) price of a smaller chunk (shares) than vice verse. That’s why when some firms who’s selling an attractive business include the option to sell a minority stake together with the option of selling the whole chabang. It’s a bait to make the deal more attractive.

The main reason to use that strategy is that you can shift focus from the (over valued) price to the cost of buying a smaller part.

From a financial standpoint it’s more expensive to buy something in smaller chunks but from an emotional perspective we sometime fools ourself with going that route because initially it’s less money up front. As soon as we accept to buy the “less expensive’ deal then we’re financially in bed with liabilities and obligations and when we have bought our first stake then mostly the financially wise way forward is to continue and it ends up with us paying more than we initially expected.

It’s sometimes called to dress the bride. (to hide what you get in reality when she’s undressed. - sorry millennium’s and others - close your eyes if it gets uncomfortable and not politically correct)

The first time I learned about this selling strategy was over 30 yeast ago.

Initially in a selling process it’s easier (better from the seller’s perspective) to establish a preferred (higher) price of a smaller chunk (shares) than vice verse. That’s why when some firms who’s selling an attractive business include the option to sell a minority stake together with the option of selling the whole chabang. It’s a bait to make the deal more attractive.

The main reason to use that strategy is that you can shift focus from the (over valued) price to the cost of buying a smaller part.

From a financial standpoint it’s more expensive to buy something in smaller chunks but from an emotional perspective we sometime fools ourself with going that route because initially it’s less money up front. As soon as we accept to buy the “less expensive’ deal then we’re financially in bed with liabilities and obligations and when we have bought our first stake then mostly the financially wise way forward is to continue and it ends up with us paying more than we initially expected.

It’s sometimes called to dress the bride. (to hide what you get in reality when she’s undressed. - sorry millennium’s and others - close your eyes if it gets uncomfortable and not politically correct)

Are you sure that's what's happening here though and it's not that two of the Glazers don't want to sell?

There's a lot of potential evidence of this. Like I said, the SJR offer to let those two remain. The rumours prior to all the takeover talk that those two don't want to sell. The fact that they've got hedge funds involved to provide them an alternative to selling.... There's no smoke without fire.

The fact that this has dragged on makes me think that they don’t want Ratcliffes offer and just want Qatar to match/better it. Don’t think they want to stay in any way. Just my opinion though nothing more.

Never got the argument they think the club’s value is going to skyrocket over next few years so that's why they're selling most of their shares now.

The fact that this has dragged on makes me think that they don’t want Ratcliffes offer and just want Qatar to match/better it. Don’t think they want to stay in any way. Just my opinion though nothing more.

I agree. They want INEOS best offer so Qatar can offer more. Simple profit maximisation.

Never got the argument they think the club’s value is going to skyrocket over next few years so that's why they're selling most of their shares now.
The club needs investment. They can’t afford it personally. They just want their cake and to eat it.

1st Paragraph - Agreed

2nd & 3rd not so much - I am more leaning towards Qatar as they have promised to clear the debt, fix the stadium and bring us up to the level of facilities that befits our great club.

If INEOS promised the same I'd be in the same position of pick one, but it doesn't sound like SJR will be clearing the debt and for that reason I'm against his ownership; due to the FFP implications of having those leeches (Glazers) debt still hanging over us. Alongside his initial bid to keep them on board :nono:

But Final paragraph agreed again this needs resolved before July 1st for EtH to know one way or another how to structure our 23/24 Squad.

Joel Glazer going to get on stage to beat provided by his boy Squiggle and spit some lyrics about they ain't playin'. J to the O E, Dude be the CC and he ain't sellin'.

Yes Im feeling the same way. I feel ratcliffes bid will leave us pretty much the samea club with debt and am hoping the Qatar bid wins

Transfers are usually the results of months of negotiations. This couldn't be done at United for obvious reasons
Yep. Some fans think that transfers start when window is open. Clubs (which know what are they doing) are already working on transfers. City had Haaland all but signed in May last year. Real is finishing Bellingham right now, some free agents are already signed by clubs.

We still don't have an owner. Then new owner will hire his CEO and (probably) DoF. Then they all must sit down with ETH and make a plan.
This summer will be messy.

I for one cannot wait until the inevitable Athletic Article about this whole kerfuffle. I hope it reads as interesting as I think it will be.
Will just be a summary of this thread as per.

Could probably write 95% of it now and just tack the denouement on when it finally happens.

Definitely. I find it weird that for all of Sheikh Jassims supposed wealth and childhood love for the club, he can't fork out a better bid than what Ratcliff put.

It doesn't add up for me.
You are among the same people who said SJ is not rich enough to buy United?

Sound very hipocritical.

Clearly says he has put 2 offers on the table.

Might be worth paying a little bit more attention going forward.

Fecking hell calm down. It’s also everything else that it’s going to cost to put this club back to where it needs to be. If he can afford to spend billions on top then fair play. I still have no idea what’s best for the club. Not massively in love with either.

Last edited:
PSG are run idiotically and their fans seem perpetually unhappy.

It’s a weird club. Before Qatar came along they were the most pointless club ever plodding along doing absolutely feck all in France, I believe they had 1 title in their entire history

Suddenly the ‘PSG Ultras’ are kicking off because a few superstar players aren’t giving it all….awww poor lads

It’s a weird club. Before Qatar came along they were the most pointless club ever plodding along doing absolutely feck all in France, I believe they had 1 title in their entire history

Suddenly the ‘PSG Ultras’ are kicking off because a few superstar players aren’t giving it all….awww poor lads
I guess if you're gonna sell your soul you want a decent return and being almost as good as the Lyon team they displaced isn't really cutting it.

I’d suggest this really isn’t something that we just want to ‘get over with’. I little too important to be rushing.
Hardly rushing. The scum have had 5 months to decide their position and 3 rounds of bidding to indicate what people are prepared to pay for the club. It should now just be a case of picking the most suitable offer or declining both. Either way something should be announced so the club can plan properly for summer and next season.

I guess if you're gonna sell your soul you want a decent return and being almost as good as the Lyon team they displaced isn't really cutting it.

They’ve won the league almost every season since they arrived and always enter the CL as one of the favourites

I mean we all know how good City are and they’ve never won the CL

Slightly off, yet surprisingly on topic, I am quite pleased we are starting to see opposition to Qatar at games.

In the event Qatar were to takeover, I'd hope these protests continue and grow, regardless of success or not and as per usual, whether we do well or not, we show other clubs how it's done.
Becareful of what you wish for.

Qatar commands massive following among United fans compared to Ratchcliffe.

And Ratchcliffe winning the bid may also cause massive backlash and fan protest.

I am more leaning towards Qatar as they have promised to clear the debt, fix the stadium and bring us up to the level of facilities that befits our great club.

Human rights aside, I'm also a bit concened with how they turned PSG into a circus. They may actually be bad owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.