Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q1 starts in April doesn’t it? Start of the financial year and all…. :confused:

No it starts July 1st for United and pretty much all Football clubs for which I have seen financial reports. April 1st is the fiscal year.

Also it's not up for debate, we have the financial reports for United.

No it starts July 1st for United and pretty much all Football clubs for which I have seen financial reports. April 1st is the fiscal year.

Also it's not up for debate, we have the financial reports for United.
From a financial reporting perspective that's correct but the initial reports about the targeted timeframe for a sale were based on the calendar quarters rather than the club's financial reporting dates. Even those reports did acknowledge that a sale by the end of March 2023 was going to be difficult though and that it could take longer, as has been the case.

From a financial reporting perspective that's correct but the initial reports about the targeted timeframe for a sale were based on the calendar quarters rather than the club's financial reporting dates. Even those reports did acknowledge that a sale by the end of March 2023 was going to be difficult though and that it could take longer, as has been the case.

I simply responded to posts about financial calendars. I'm not making any point about what Raine thinks when it comes to this process timeline. Q1 for United ends in september not in June.

I simply responded to posts about financial calendars. I'm not making any point about what Raine thinks when it comes to this process timeline. Q1 for United ends in september not in June.
No, that's fine. I was just pointing out what the initial targeted date was because there was confusion at the time and that it was the end of March rather than June (as many on here thought) because as you've pointed out even if you were using the financial calendar that wouldn't be correct.

Nice an vague then, just how the Glazers like it. Keep the fans guessing - thats 3 different Q1 it could possibly be :wenger:

One thing that needs to be said is that we don't have that information directly from Raine Group and I have noticed that even when there are transcripts of conference calls, journalist have the very bad habit to not give you the full context. I'm not even sure if we have any reason to believe that it was the actual aim and not something made up by a "source".

With this delay I can only think Qatar have come in with another offer. Otherwise wouldn't they have just gone with INEOS?

I'm past caring and just want this wrapped up. I'm tired Robbie

With this delay I can only think Qatar have come in with another offer. Otherwise wouldn't they have just gone with INEOS?

Not really a delay. It was widely reported that a response was expected in 7-10 days.

It’s obviously a little stupid, but this guy works for the Financial Times and has written about the takeover extensively, including breaking the news about SJR’s new bid I believe… so could be a watch this space this weekend

Do you really think they give a feck
I would say the protests if they stay on would be even more disruptive to the season ahead. More games to be cancelled and rescheduled to make a point to get them out of the club. The Liverpool postponement showed what can be done, avoiding causing damage next time

Let’s be clear about one thing that none of the involved parties has any financial gain of delaying anything unless the selling process is still ongoing.

The Glazers may be bad in most aspects but in this case their main priority is to cash in a s a p. In war and love anything can change in a blink of an eye so playing too much mindgames can easily backfire.

My guess is that early next week we’re going to hear where the winds is blowing, either damage control leaked from the losing bidder or a definite statement from the RG. From there I expect the final parts of the process to significantly speed up. I can’t see a scenario where we don’t know who’s the new owner after the last day of May.

Makes no sense to end up in such a bad situation because the only thing that happen is that the club lose momentum and therefore financial value.

It’s obviously a little stupid, but this guy works for the Financial Times and has written about the takeover extensively, including breaking the news about SJR’s new bid I believe… so could be a watch this space this weekend

Absolutely zero idea what this is supposed to mean

You alright, horsey? Not the first time you've sounded rather world weary last couple days.

Another chancer? Did you even read my post? This guy works for the Financial Times and has broken news about the takeover multiple times

I don’t care who he works for, he’s posting cryptic tweets through emoji’s, that’s pure attention seeking behaviour. If he had anything worthwhile to say he’d just come out and say it.

Agreed, if he has breaking news he’d be keen to publish the exclusive.
Even if he has news and will publish it in due course, I really despise this attenion-whoring trend.

Agreed, if he has breaking news he’d be keen to publish the exclusive.

He probably is but no one is going to overshadow the coronation. If people have something to say or there's some movement, then we'll find out after that.

Even if he has news and will publish it in due course, I really despise this attenion-whoring trend.
He's a sports journalist (in reportage rather than analysis). Even when working for an 'august' institution like the FT, that's basically 75% hypemongering (20% press release recycling, and 5% investigating), infinitely more so in the last 14 years with rise of Twitter...

He's a sports journalist (in reportage rather than analysis). Even when working for an 'august' institution like the FT, that's basically 75% hypemongering (20% press release recycling, and 5% investigating), infinitely more so in the last 14 years with rise of Twitter...
Yeah, this childish behaviour has made me lose all sort of respect for journalists (I had some for the proper ones years ago).

Your job is to report the facts and opine on them on rare occasions but it's mostly hype and bullshit nowadays, with the factual reporting falling by the wayside

Status
Not open for further replies.