Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stating with such certainty that one side or another has won and then breaking down the finances as above is pure fan fiction.

I am sorry but those figures are just being pulled out of thin air at this point. The briefings from the various journalists make it perfectly obvious that nobody actually has a scooby what is going on. Jassim could be offering 5.5bn and Jim could be offering 2bn and season tickets for Nice or maybe Jassim is offering 2bn plus a lifetimes supply of jaffa cakes and Jim is paying the full 5bn.
Maybe it’s the cynic in me, having witnessed 18 years of the Glazers you just hope they are finally gone before next season, I did say that most of the so called bids were at best 15% true !

Yeah if jassim's offer is 7bn dollars for the whole club that's an awful lot, too ,uch to turn down. If that's just for the Glazers shares then it would be beyond ridiculous, there's no way to turn that down
That's exactly what the other four siblings will be thinking I'm sure. Which is very important and something that often gets overlooked in this discussion.

Just heard that Woodward is flying back from Barbados on “urgent club selling” business.. shouldn’t be long now guys..

The audaciousness of this prediction; its by any means necessary to create reasons for no Qatari take over.

That's exactly what the other four siblings will be thinking I'm sure. Which is very important and something that often gets overlooked in this discussion.

Absolutely, obviously If Joel and avi are determined to not sell under any circumstances there's nothing the other 4 siblings can really do, but realistically, the club needs massive investment or its value will drop, this offer is crazy high, the other siblings will definitely prefer jassim's offer, but when it's so high, there's not really any upside for Joel and avi in staying.

Very informative podcast from today for anyone interested. The financial expert Paul White explains a lot of stuff well.

Well, I usually like things stated clearly when I'm reading about numbers but I guess it's implied. Simon Stone is also not known for his clarity in comms.

But £5bn for the club is insane. Surely that's well above what Ratcliffe was offering given that his figure included debt, so less net for the Glazer rats.

I cannot see how the two Glazers that want to stay convince the rest to follow Ratcliffe.
I thought that's what they offered before though 5b? Don't see an increase in the figure

I thought that's what they offered before though 5b? Don't see an increase in the figure

The problem is that none of the journslist likely actually know all that much, any figures are likely to be speculation, so they don't really have to be consistent

The audaciousness of this prediction; its by any means necessary to create reasons for no Qatari take over.

He’s right though that the rest of the Premier League don’t want a Qatari takeover. They and some of our fans unfortunately would want us to continue to remain hamstrung by poor owners.

People are constantly overlooking the other siblings, they could easily decide whether to go for Ratcliff or Jassim's bids. If Jassim's bid is larger, why on earth would they get 10s of millions less money from Ratcliff's bid just to appease Joel and Avram wanting to stay on?

Apparently so, though who knows how accurate these journalists actually are. If true its an incredibly high bid, if he's also paying the debt, and would be so foolish to turn down
That’s crazy most financials were reporting that the bids have always been for the whole club from SJ 100% so it was assumed that market cap was approx $3.27bn and he was offering £5bn in his second bid for the whole club 100% not 69% if this is £5.1bn just for the 69% of voting shares that’s a ridiculous bid and means that nearly all of the Glazer Siblings would get $6.4bn and Qatar would still have to pay the current share price of $20 to the other 31% which must be another £900m or $1.1bn for the non voting A shares. This effectively means SJ is prepared to pay £6.7bn with the debt to buy 100% of the whole club, no wonder he’s getting p….. off.

There’s no way Joel with 19.87% of voting b shares shares turns down nearly $1.3bn wired to his bank account before the end of May 2023 and Avram will definitely being wobbling right now with the thought of someone putting $925m in his bank. Darcie will convince the other 3 that need to sell to SJ as she wants that $1.2bn, can’t be true they were surely only offered 69% of the £5.1/2 billion.

He’s right though that the rest of the Premier League don’t want a Qatari takeover. They and some of our fans unfortunately would want us to continue to remain hamstrung by poor owners.

As long as the government is on board, as they certainly appear to be, I can't see the Premier league stopping it. Saudi's acquisition of Newcastle had far more red flags, they didn't even get a frontman, literally the public investment fund of Saudi Arabia, and that got waved through.

That’s crazy most financials were reporting that the bids have always been for the whole club from SJ 100% so it was assumed that market cap was approx $3.27bn and he was offering £5bn in his second bid for the whole club 100% not 69% if this is £5.1bn just for the 69% of voting shares that’s a ridiculous bid and means that nearly all of the Glazer Siblings would get $6.4bn and Qatar would still have to pay the current share price of $20 to the other 31% which must be another £900m or $1.1bn for the non voting A shares. This effectively means SJ is prepared to pay £6.7bn with the debt to buy 100% of the whole club, no wonder he’s getting p….. off.

There’s no way Joel with 19.87% of voting b shares shares turns down nearly $1.3bn wired to his bank account before the end of May 2023 and Avram will definitely being wobbling right now with the thought of someone putting $925m in his bank. Darcie will convince the other 3 that need to sell to SJ as she wants that $1.2bn, can’t be true they were surely only offered 69% of the £5.1/2 billion.

Yeah even if it's not and that 7bn dollars is for 100 percent of the club, thay means Joel turning down nearly a billion, and avi turning down about 700-800m. That's far more than they'd ever get in the future trying to sell 20% as a minority investment

People are constantly overlooking the other siblings, they could easily decide whether to go for Ratcliff or Jassim's bids. If Jassim's bid is larger, why on earth would they get 10s of millions less money from Ratcliff's bid just to appease Joel and Avram wanting to stay on?
The elder rats are hoping them staying on for the supposed inevitable super league would result in huge payoffs for them as minority owners, which they could perhaps offer to share with the family? That's how they might coerce them anyway.

And who will attempt to stop a deal, not the Uk Government, not the PL as Newcastle and Man City already exist. Plus most of the other PL would want a strong Man United to make the PL more competitive again.

The moment they choose to sell all class B shares automatically convert to class A shares. I’m working off the assumption that the other shareholders will raise a stink if they got less than the Glazers, but if the shares are to be bought at the current price/market cap then that’s about $1bn subtracted from the offer, then you give Raine they commission and what not and each of the Glazer walk away with about $900m.
Any agreement is going to be for the Class B shares, and for them to remain Class B shares, with the removal of that clause about selling to non-Glazers triggering the conversion. That clause exists only so that if some of the siblings wanted out, that the rest stay in control.

Clearly any decision to sell requires all of the Glazers agreeing. Even if Joel and Avram retain a combined 20%, they're still in agreement on the sale (they would be selling some of their shares) and the change of that clause.

The elder rats are hoping them staying on for the supposed inevitable super league would result in huge payoffs for them as minority owners, which they could perhaps offer to share with the family? That's how they might coerce them anyway.

The thing is, if the story of jassim's bids are to be believed then even if a super league happened, which is a massive if, in a country where the government said they wouldn't allow it, then it's hard to see the value of their shares ever rising to a point where its worth more than this bid. And if it is worth more in 10 years time, then they could have made better returns by investingg that money elsewhere

Doubt it, they know they are being offered a massive premium on their shares by SJ

Any agreement is going to be for the Class B shares, and for them to remain Class B shares, with the removal of that clause about selling to non-Glazers triggering the conversion. That clause exists only so that if some of the siblings wanted out, that the rest stay in control.

Clearly any decision to sell requires all of the Glazers agreeing. Even if Joel and Avram retain a combined 20%, they're still in agreement on the sale (they would be selling some of their shares) and the change of that clause.

It wouldn't make any difference if Jim controls more than 50% of the club, and has Class B shares, then the value of Joel and avi's shares is much lower than they are currently. The inflated value is because jassim and Jim want control of the club, its like 50% higher than the current share price

I don't think they would be able to. They would be able to have a maximum of 9% each as if they have 10% or more their class B shares would still be active and they would hold the majority of the voting power still.

Not so sure a precedent been set with the Saudis and Newcastle pirating the PL and still being allowed to be owners. United owned by SJ through his 92 foundation would be ratified by UEFA, Fifa and HM Government. It’s good for the economy and the area, there would be the usual human rights pickets, and condemnations but how would they stop the takeover, yes they could delay the process but it would be almost impossible to stop and United have a credit card facility for a reason, they will be doing deals in June, July and August 23.

It wouldn't make any difference if Jim controls more than 50% of the club, and has Class B shares, then the value of Joel and avi's shares is much lower than they are currently. The inflated value is because jassim and Jim want control of the club, its like 50% higher than the current share price

Yeah even if it's not and that 7bn dollars is for 100 percent of the club, thay means Joel turning down nearly a billion, and avi turning down about 700-800m. That's far more than they'd ever get in the future trying to sell 20% as a minority investment
Plus contrary to popular opinion, they have inherited Daddy’s legacy and wealth, this is cash wealth which I doubt they’ve ever had in their life actual cash plus further opportunities in the Middle East, SJ is clearly turning the screw, he wants an answer and he wants one soon!

Exactly, I don't have any background in finance or anything like I assume this guy does, but I have a basic understanding, and the idea the other 4 will be happy to leave so much on the table is crazy. That's not even getting into Joel and avi turning down so much money.

Plus contrary to popular opinion, they have inherited Daddy’s legacy and wealth, this is cash wealth which I doubt they’ve ever had in their life actual cash plus further opportunities in the Middle East, SJ is clearly turning the screw, he wants an answer and he wants one soon!

Yeah, it's clear none of them have an emotional attachment to the club, they don't benefit from sportswashing like Qatar, and none of them are even close to ratcliffe's wealth where you can afford an investment like this, with no impact on your overall wealth, even though he's a pauper compared to the state of Qatar, he's Britain's richest man, and far wealthier than any of thr Glazer siblings

There's always the bird in hand argument for the other siblings

It's just pure greed, seriously though these feckers have got enough wealth to see them through their lives comfortably, but they want to add another $7B to the pot.
[/QUOTE]
Yep, they live in a world where he who dies with the most money wins.

Last edited:
There's always the bird in hand argument for the other siblings

That argument doesn't really work when there's an offer on thr table for 7 billion dollars, it's not in the bush, its real and its there

Exactly, I don't have any background in finance or anything like I assume this guy does, but I have a basic understanding, and the idea the other 4 will be happy to leave so much on the table is crazy. That's not even getting into Joel and avi turning down so much money.

The other four don't have power. Joel and Avram hold all the cards precisely because they want to stay. This isn't something most people have been able to grasp since the beginning.

If Joel and Avram refuse to sell their shares and the other 4 sibblings do sell, those shares that are sold outside the Glazers family will retain only 10% of their voting rights, which would leave Joel and Avram in full control.

So the other 4 sibblings won't get a good price for their shares unless Avram and Joel sell theirs with them at the same time.

In short, the other 4 sibblings have got to dance to the tune of Avram and Joel. And they want remain at the club.

The other four don't have power. Joel and Avram hold all the cards precisely because they want to stay. This isn't something most people have been able to grasp since the beginning.

If Joel and Avram refuse to sell their shares and the other 4 sibblings do sell, those shares that are sold outside the Glazers family will retain only 10% of their voting rights, which would leave Joel and Avram in full control.

So the other 4 sibblings won't get a good price for their shares unless Avram and Joel sell theirs with them at the same time.

I'm short, the other 4 sibblings have got to dance to the tune of Avram and Joel. And they want remain at the club.

I get all that, but the issue is that at the current point in time, either there's massive investment in the club, or we'll start to lose value, even through our post fergie period, we've made the champions league as often as we haven't, but going forward, Newcastle are likely to become another city, and we'll be competing for two spots with arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and spurs.

It's hard to see any scenario where the club is ever worth more than the current offer of 7 billion dollars, and Joel and avi aren't stupid. Yes if they were massively stubborn then there is no sale without them, but why on earth would they turn down an offer of this scale? They're in this for the money and this is the most they'll ever get

In short, the other 4 sibblings have got to dance to the tune of Avram and Joel. And they want remain at the club.
You do know that the company charter can be modified with a 2/3 majority. If the 4 want to screw over Joel and Avram, there are plenty of ways to do so.

You do know that the company charter can be modified with a 2/3 majority. If the 4 want to screw over Joel and Avram, there are plenty of ways to do so.

See, I didn't know this, as I said, I only have a basic understanding of thr finance stuff here, but so many don't even have that.

If that's the case it's hard to see the others being OK with leaving hundreds of millions on the table so Joel and avi can stay on in a minority role

The Glazers' class B shares represent 95% of the total voting power, so I think the four siblings together would fall just under the 67% threshold.

The Glazers' class B shares represent 95% of the total voting power, so I think the four siblings together would fall just under the 67% threshold.

You have to assume the remainder of the shares would all vote in favour of something that weakened the class B status of the Glazers share

Status
Not open for further replies.