Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says that but reporting, including Qatar's mouthpiece Keegan, has been all over the place.

They should just quote £6bn enterprise value.
Simon Stone:

BBC Sport has been told the offer from Sheikh Jassim is around £5bn and includes one figure that would go direct to the sellers.

Simon Stone:

BBC Sport has been told the offer from Sheikh Jassim is around £5bn and includes one figure that would go direct to the sellers.
Again, is the figure of 5bn going directly to the Glazers? That's what's not clear.

Anyway, I just hope we know the result by Monday latest.

This has no benefit to the Glazers. When they sell up they won’t care one bit what happens to United.

All this is designed to do is heap pressure on them to sell. The idea of this being on the table as a benefit to United fans and being denied by the Glazers who choose to stay on is a painful one and it shouldn’t be one they take lightly.
Correct, it's PR to get the fans on board and to put more pressure on the Glazers.

Simon Stone:

That would be astonishing bid, that would value the whole club at close to £7bn

The heartache if they go with Sir Jim and we reminisce about this very day thinking about Jassim completely overhauling Old Trafford and Carrington and taking us back to the top, all the while the roof still leaks with Jim is trying to scrounge a few more quid to patch it up again as we languish in midtable :(
Season ticket holders need to just quit with the constant moaning and gibbering and invest in some quality waterproof jackets. Sick of it.

Again, is the figure of 5bn going directly to the Glazers? That's what's not clear.

Anyway, I just hope we know the result by Monday latest.

Yeah that seems pretty self explanatory.
Bloomberg:

Sheikh Jassim’s bid consists of a sum that will go to the sellers if successful, plus additional sums that will go into the club for infrastructure investments, one of the people said.

Leeches, please feck off. At least do one thing right by the club. You've had enough blood sucking.

Yeah that seems pretty self explanatory.
Bloomberg:

Sheikh Jassim’s bid consists of a sum that will go to the sellers if successful, plus additional sums that will go into the club for infrastructure investments, one of the people said.
Well, I usually like things stated clearly when I'm reading about numbers but I guess it's implied. Simon Stone is also not known for his clarity in comms.

But £5bn for the club is insane. Surely that's well above what Ratcliffe was offering given that his figure included debt, so less net for the Glazer rats.

I cannot see how the two Glazers that want to stay convince the rest to follow Ratcliffe.

Correct. Total package of investment close to 10 billion dollars.

Obviously the Glazers don't give a shit abiut the extra 3 billion. But a bid that would value Joel and avi's supposed 20% they'd keep at 1.4bn pounds would be absolute insanity to turn down

Glazers won’t care what happens to the club

All they care about is how much they get

As I understood, Glazers wouldn’t be responsible for paying off the debt before they go anyway?

So Sheikh Jassim offering to pay the debt doesn’t really help their offer be accepted, right?

Suggests to me that they're not confident their bid will be accepted if they are trying to play that card.
Another way to look at it is that they're trying to pre-empt the inevitable controversy surrounding their bid. Helpful to get the fans on board and start on the right foot.

Like I said. They never gave a feck what the fans think of them. They’ll give even less of a feck after they sell up.
They got all parties to sign NDAs with Ratcliffe and the Sheikh being told to shut up after they announced their bids with statements implicitly criticising their ownership so they obviously do care about the PR.

Heard their first single is a cover of Highway to Hell.
We'll need an updated version

84462aefac19215043e0e6bc1ad04763.gif

Season ticket holders need to just quit with the constant moaning and gibbering and invest in some quality waterproof jackets. Sick of it.

This is local rain provided by a local fan. They should pay for it

They got all parties to sign NDAs with Ratcliffe and the Sheikh being told to shut up after they announced their bids with statements implicitly criticising their ownership so they obviously do care about the PR.
NDAs are ubiquitous in M&A - nothing to do with PR in this case.

Glazers won’t care what happens to the club

All they care about is how much they get

As I understood, Glazers wouldn’t be responsible for paying off the debt before they go anyway?

So Sheikh Jassim offering to pay the debt doesn’t really help their offer be accepted, right?
Wouldn't there be tax savings to the Glazers if the sale price doesn't include the debt?

Status
Not open for further replies.