Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's over 7.5b US. I thought it was between 7 and 6b US.

I think the confusion is because the numbers reported don't tend to differentiate between the Glazers share and the whole club. Like this reported 7bn dollars, if its for the who club, then the Glazers share is just under 5 billion dollars. But why report it as a 7 billion dollar bid, if the offer to the Glazers is only 5. The reporting around this has been atrocious to be honest

Sure

I’ve never said I expect any sale to happen. Because of the Glazers greed. But minority doesn’t work realistically. More likely they’ll just demand too much and scare everyone off

There's no way they pay raine, invite investors, risk pissing off the state of Qatar who could be valuable business partners in future, not to sell. Maybe its minority, maybe its full, I think its far more likely to be full, but this process isn't for show, it's cost them money, there's no way they aren't serious about selling

I don’t get all this. The Glazers couldn’t give a bollix what the new owners do to the club after they’ve sold up. So how can it influence their decision? And if it’s aimed at getting the fans to influence their decision, the Glazers have made a career of ignoring what the fans think about them. So why change now?

I don’t get all this. The Glazers couldn’t give a bollix what the new owners do to the club after they’ve sold up. So how can it influence their decision? And if it’s aimed at getting the fans to influence their decision, the Glazers have made a career of ignoring what the fans want. So what’s the point?
It’s a good PR play. They’ve offered the most money & are making sounds about improving the infrastructure, should the Glazers reject this in favour of some convoluted way of staying at the club he can come out & buy another club with even less questions in the future.

The Glazers don’t care but this in general is music to the fanbases ears.

I don’t get all this. The Glazers couldn’t give a bollix what the new owners do to the club after they’ve sold up. So how can it influence their decision? And if it’s aimed at getting the fans to influence their decision, the Glazers have made a career of ignoring what the fans think about them. So why change now?
Good PR doesn’t hurt either way.

This is the 3rd round of offers, how many rounds could be there? Honestly I haven’t followed this process much and expected it to be done by now. How wrong was I

Good PR doesn’t hurt either way.

This is the 3rd round of offers, how many rounds could be there? Honestly I haven’t followed this process much and expected it to be done by now. How wrong was I

I'm pretty sure this is the last round. If there's actually an offer of 7bn plus the debt cleared, they'd have to be insane to not take tht

It kills any potential Glazer PR if they take the lesser deal. Hard to talk around health of the club, vision etc with that offer

The heartache if they go with Sir Jim and we reminisce about this very day thinking about Jassim completely overhauling Old Trafford and Carrington and taking us back to the top, all the while the roof still leaks with Jim is trying to scrounge a few more quid to patch it up again as we languish in midtable :(

The heartache if they go with Sir Jim and we reminisce about this very day thinking about Jassim completely overhauling Old Trafford and Carrington and taking us back to the top, all the while the roof still leaks with Jim is trying to scrounge a few more quid to patch it up again as we languish in midtable :(
Jassim would just buy Liverpool out of spite.

Surely people aren’t taking Ratcliffe seriously.

whomever wins the bid (assuming there is a sale), I hope they pay the Glazer's in pennies/pence. Back up the dump trucks, dump the coin in front of OT and make those creeps get down on their hands and knees and count and put their coins into rolls to bring to the bank.
The greedy goblins will happily take that option if it was a couple million more, compared to a bank transfer.

No! It's on again! And now you take the hope you've given me? Just like that?
:lol:

I’m confident in what I said. I’m just not confident in the Glazers being sensible businessmen and woman

There's no way they pay raine, invite investors, risk pissing off the state of Qatar who could be valuable business partners in future, not to sell. Maybe its minority, maybe its full, I think its far more likely to be full, but this process isn't for show, it's cost them money, there's no way they aren't serious about selling

I think they’re serious about selling and that that’s their ideal outcome. And that they’re being very sensibly advised by levelheaded people

But I also think the Glazers are capable of thinking they’re smarter than everyone, even though they’re the dumbest people in the room, and making a very stupid decision against what everyone else is saying

Well the Glazers got what’s they wanted, massive offer from Qatar after extorting them with round after round. We can only hope at this point they’re successful with their bid otherwise we’ll usher in another 10 years of Glazer rule.

Well the Glazers got what’s they wanted, massive offer from Qatar after extorting them with round after round. We can only hope at this point they’re successful with their bid otherwise we’ll user in another 10 years of Glazer rule.

They wanted 6b.

:lol:

I’m confident in what I said. I’m just not confident in the Glazers being sensible businessmen and woman

I think they’re serious about selling and that that’s their ideal outcome. And that they’re being very sensibly and used by levelheaded people

But I also think the Glazers are capable of thinking they’re smarter than everyone, even though they’re the dumbest people in the room, and making a very stupid decision against what everyone else is saying

I just can't see them rejecting s deal of 7bn plus debt cleared. Even if that 7bn is for the whole club and they only get around 5bn, which seems odd yo phrase it that way, that's nearly 800m a sibling, obviously some get more and some less, but it's an enormous amount to turn down that they likely won't ever get again

You can't expect Jimmy to compete with the qataris, Saudis and Abu dhabis can you? A 10 place would do

Status
Not open for further replies.