Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sports News chief reporter Kaveh Solhekol:

"What I've been told is that the bid is going to be very rational, meaning they won't dance to the Glazers' tune.

"There's a feeling this process didn't need to be this long, five months now. We've always known the Qataris want to buy Man Utd, there's a feeling that there's been a lot of leaks and manouvering to get Sheikh Jassim to pay more.

"He's not going to do that. He's focused on his own bid, and as far as he's concerned he thinks the Glazers want to sell the club, and he thinks his is the best bid on the table.

"That's going to be put in front of the Glazers - if they don't want to accept it, fine. That's it, he's done his best."

His best? He didn't even show up ffs.

It's been obvious since the very first reports that the guy was a bluffer, his entire life is a bluff, like all rich kids tbh.

Based on the news that the Glazers would not accept anything under 6 billions. From the sound of things, BOTH Qatar and INEOS wouldn't reach that number. But INEOS would let the Glazers continue leeching us. So guess who is on the front foot now?
The Glazers can’t afford to keep the club.

if new owner brings more/same debt onto club what is the point? And what is the point of glazers staying on if they have a non controlling share? Just shows they want to leech more money out of the club.

The difference is Jassim (Or the Qatarists if you want to believe) DOES NOT offer to keep the Glazers at the club. They want 100% control, which means the parasites finally being kicked away. What use is there to have Ratcliffe buy us only to discover he'd let the Glazers continue leeching us?

Less than 100% ownership does not mean less than 100% control.

The trouble is, if the Glazers stay on with SJR they will probably earn more in the long run as they will get what he pays, then continue to milk our profits

When will we find out what's happening?

Sky Sports News chief reporter Kaveh Solhekol:

"What I've been told is that the bid is going to be very rational, meaning they won't dance to the Glazers' tune.

"There's a feeling this process didn't need to be this long, five months now. We've always known the Qataris want to buy Man Utd, there's a feeling that there's been a lot of leaks and manouvering to get Sheikh Jassim to pay more.

"He's not going to do that. He's focused on his own bid, and as far as he's concerned he thinks the Glazers want to sell the club, and he thinks his is the best bid on the table.

"That's going to be put in front of the Glazers - if they don't want to accept it, fine. That's it, he's done his best."

Yikes. Sounds like loser talk.

You think INEOS will pay minority shareholders a dividend?
The Glazers are the ones holding power now. Of course they'd have that kind of clause during the negotiation. And Ratcliffe is desperate to win, to the point that he seems ready to betray the club and keep the Glazers here.

His best? He didn't even show up ffs.

It's been obvious since the very first reports that the guy was a bluffer, his entire life is a bluff, like all rich kids tbh.

what would have changed if he showed up?

Yep SJR has won this, no wonder he’s feeling confident he’s giving two of the parasites their cake and eat it. He’s going to offer £5bn as well but 69% of that is £3.4bn, he will let Joel and Avram keep their equity and have 20% of new voting shares, which means Ineos will only pay £2.2bn to buy out the other 4 siblings.
SJR is probably offering £5.25bn as they still need to Factor in £600m debt to be paid.

SJ offer might offer the other 4 siblings £2.4bn so £200m more or £50m each more, that’s a lot of money to turn down so
It depends on whether Avram and Joel can convince them and say they reimburse them in 10 years when the club worth £10bn( which Ofcourse will never happen under SJR and Joel and Avram)

I think most of us are just fed up of it now and don’t care as long as all the Glazers go !

Stating with such certainty that one side or another has won and then breaking down the finances as above is pure fan fiction.

I am sorry but those figures are just being pulled out of thin air at this point. The briefings from the various journalists make it perfectly obvious that nobody actually has a scooby what is going on. Jassim could be offering 5.5bn and Jim could be offering 2bn and season tickets for Nice or maybe Jassim is offering 2bn plus a lifetimes supply of jaffa cakes and Jim is paying the full 5bn.

If Jim can’t afford Qatari bid then why would the siblings agree to less money for their shares just so two can stay on?

Compromise. The other four get paid somewhat less, but Joel and Avram unblock the deal, and then stay on.

The difference in the bids doesn't seem to be overwhelmingly large, but just enough to tip the scales in Qatar's favor. By allying himself with Joel and Avram, Ratcliffe has tipped the scales his way.

Qatar will not own the club. Simple as.

The Glazers are the ones holding power now. Of course they'd have that kind of clause during the negotiation. And Ratcliffe is desperate to win, to the point that he seems ready to betray the club and keep the Glazers here.
I really don’t think they are, and if INEOS don’t like the terms they simply pull their bid and walk.

If all of this breaks down because nobody meets their £6bn target then I fully expect someone from Raine to leak that they kept telling the Glazer twats that nobody would offer that but they were too stubborn or thick to listen.

Then Ratcliffe will buy Liverpool and Sheikh Jassim will buy Spurs, we'll get investment from Asset Strippers Corp to buy a couple of tins of Dulux, the club defaults on its loans within five years and we go into insolvency. Cristiano buys the stadium to turn it into a penis enlargement clinic, but gives up half way through the project and does a sulky interview with Piers Morgan - who buys the stadium from Ronaldo and turns it into a bone yard for dead animals.

Gary Neville lodges a complaint with the local council over the smell from the bone yard annoying patrons of Hotel Football, but the council is now run by one of the Glazer kids who did sell their shares and feck off, through some sort of mismanaged attempt to bribe the Tories which didn't go according to plan. Because they speak American instead of English things get lost in translation and the Etihad is flooded with gallons of piss. So everything sort of turns out ok in the end, I guess.

:lol: :lol:

We should settle in "nobody knows sh*t". We don't know if some Glazers want to stay, we don't know the value of the Qatar bid, we don't know SJR's bid neither in value or structure.

What we do know is that United's market cap is around USD3.3B and that the gross debt is about USD1B (with the principal on around 0.6), so anybody paying more than that sum is likely to be overpaying.

what would have changed if he showed up?

Shows a bit of actual enthusiasm if nothing else. Honestly, you guys on here have shown more desire for Qatar than the guy fronting the actual bid has.

They should have had all of you as the face. Berba would have at least shown up and probably got a few PR photos, likely holding up a handful of mud.

Ratcliffe is not a true fan like he claimed then. Any United fan would want the Glazers gone completely. Even if he used to be a fan, he is traitor to the club now if that offer we heard is true.

Anything less than 50% Glazers and they have no influence. Don’t get me wrong I want to see the back of them but I have no idea what they’d gain from a minority stake.

Stating with such certainty that one side or another has won and then breaking down the finances as above is pure fan fiction.

I am sorry but those figures are just being pulled out of thin air at this point. The briefings from the various journalists make it perfectly obvious that nobody actually has a scooby what is going on. Jassim could be offering 5.5bn and Jim could be offering 2bn and season tickets for Nice or maybe Jassim is offering 2bn plus a lifetimes supply of jaffa cakes and Jim is paying the full 5bn.
INEOS has this won.
Jaffa cakes are a significant upgrade to the bid from a Snickers.:p

I really don’t think they are, and if INEOS don’t like the terms they simply pull their bid and walk.
Ratcliffe being ready to betray the club and keep the Glazers here showed he was the desperate one to win. Ratcliffe is the one unable to leave that negotiation table, not the Glazers.

Shows a bit of actual enthusiasm if nothing else. Honestly, you guys on here have shown more desire for Qatar that the guy fronting the actual bid has.

They should have had all of you as the face. Berba would have at least shown up and probably got a few PR photos, likely holding up a handful of mud.

Enthusiasm means nothing. Ratcliffe bid is something taken from hell. It will keep the debt, it will keep the Glazers and there's no real commitment of heavy investment on anything. Yet he'll be the one who'll probably win simply because it benefits the Glazers better.

Anything less than 50% Glazers and they have no influence. Don’t get me wrong I want to see the back of them but I have no idea what they’d gain from a minority stake.
It's been explained in here already. They would benefit from the continued growth in the club's valuation due to the Super League, which they believe is an eventual inevitability. This is their primary interest in all this - they can't afford to remain operating the club, but they also don't want to leave all that money on the table.

Shows a bit of actual enthusiasm if nothing else. Honestly, you guys on here have shown more desire for Qatar than the guy fronting the actual bid has.

:lol: Don’t forget the lads with their bedsheets at Carrington! Club legends each and everyone of them!!

INEOS has this won.
Jaffa cakes are a significant upgrade to the bid from a Snickers.:p

Throw in some hand sanitizer too?

617Q0RBZGfL._AC_SS450_.jpg

How do people seem to know the details of bids? Or is it fan fiction to support the result they want?

As said we'll have to cling to the local lad thing and the moral high ground as that's all that will be left. The guy is an utter idiot around football. Just ask NICE and Lausanne fans

Sheikh Jassim to my knowledge hasn't ever owned a football club. What makes you think that's good then? Surely you could argue Sir Jim has more experience in football using that logic?

Of course logic isn't in your mind. Oil money is.

local lad will keep the Glazers into Manchester

I mean hats off to him it's a really clever move. Probably knows he can't outbid the Qataris so he just leaves 2 of the rats on board.
Kills most of the hope we have for future success of the club mind. Pretty sickening from a fan point of view but yeah...

If United are owned by Sir Jim, all we will have is the “moral high ground” and the “knowledge we are not owned by a corrupt regime” and “guilt free consciences” and we might have to “support the team” and “not sign Mbappe”.

Ok Miguel, lets draw up new rules based on the current regulations and hold all clubs accountable to them, with any clubs not already in a position to meet these rules, being offered for sale: no state buy-ins, no leveraged buy-outs with debt placed onto clubs by owners with insufficient resources to buy them from their own pockets or by mortgaging their existing assets, 50+1 fan ownership options, owners subject to external audits ensuring that they're acting for 'the good of the club and community' with the threat of being made to put it on the market and sell for present market value.

Just don't expect us to unilaterally abide and continue being exploited whilst oil-doped clubs prosper and regime-funded journalists cry 'scandal' at any prospect of our once again meeting top clubs on anything like an even footing. ...

It's been explained in here already. They would benefit from the continued growth in the club's valuation due to the Super League, which they believe is an eventual inevitability. This is their primary interest in all this - they can't afford to remain operating the club, but they also don't want to leave all that money on the table.
The other way to grow the club's income and value significantly is through capital investment to grow revenues from the stadium, something they explored last year but can't pay for and can't viably finance. My guess is that the current debt would be restructured (I don't think it could stay as it is due to the Change of Control clause), probably under INEOS, and then the club would take on any new loans needed to fund developments to the stadium.

If the bid details that have emerged this week are true, I don't think the real battle will be Qatar vs INEOS, but rather Joel and Avram vs the other siblings.

The INEOS bid would be more attractive to Joel & Avram, but the others who just want a pay day now would surely prefer the Qatar bid.

How do the 6 come to an agreement that suits all their respective interests? Who knows...

Sheikh Jassim to my knowledge hasn't ever owned a football club. What makes you think that's good then? Surely you could argue Sir Jim has more experience in football using that logic?

But he is not a traitor to the club, like a certain someone who would still keep the Glazers here.

You could also argue from what we've seen from Ratcliffe he has no idea how to build a successful club. Nice just suck

Status
Not open for further replies.