Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While he says he is a United fan, he is first and foremost a business man. And a very successful one.

Nah mate, his success was handed to him unlike Jassim and basically every single wealthy Qatari who worked hard to be successful from humble beginnings on a Qatari council estate.

If that is in anyway true you can stick a form in the Qatar bid because it’s done. No way the Glazers sell for less than 5

Sure, you can give the Qataris a form but be aware, they won't return it until the last minute.

5 billions and 1 cent, just like Arsenal's bid for Suarez. :lol:
It’s obvious they want more than the recent NFL $6bn record, $7bn(£5.56bn) would give them at 69% $4.8bn ; Joel has 19.87%, Darcy 18.96%, Bryan 18.06%, Kevin 15.07% , Avram 14.43% and Edward with 13.61% so Joel would cash out $953m and Avram $692m. Now if Philip De Brun Twitter is correct at £7bn (Highly unlikely and probably confusing dollars or Euros with Pounds) but if this is true and probably 15% the Truth then Joel would get $1.22bn, Darcy $1.15bn and Avram $876m. There is no way they would turn that down in a million years, I think they accept £5.75bn

Completely agree. Think they're the only ones who can compete in the long-term with the other state-owned clubs. And if they don't acquire United, chances are they'll go after Liverpool or Spurs, which will just make things even worse for us.

Impossible. Jassim will never give up his 1994 official Man Utd curtains, bedding and matching lamp shades. The man is such a die hard the first thing he does on every copy of PES is change Man Red to Man Utd.

Ratcliffe won when he offered Joel and Avram to stay, betraying the club in the process. The rest is formality, unless Qatar offer a crazy amount, which they won't. This is done.

Apparently it's just slightly over 5 now as being reported by actual reliable journalists. If this is the case then it's likely done, Qatar will not be buying the club.

Over £5bn amounts to what $1.1bn for each Glazer?

Of course these figures the sports journos pull out their arses dont ever account for whether these bids are including debt or in addition to debt.

Ratcliffe won when he offered Joel and Avram to stay, betraying the club in the process. The rest is formality, unless Qatar offer a crazy amount, which they won't. This is done.
Ratcliffe is not a true fan like he claimed then. Any United fan would want the Glazers gone completely. Even if he used to be a fan, he is traitor to the club now if that offer we heard is true.

If Jim can’t afford Qatari bid then why would the siblings agree to less money for their shares just so two can stay on?

I love it when posters just pretend like they know everything

There is no way that Radcliffe pays 4B or so and his shares voting power is gonna be less than Glazer’s. His shares will obviously either gonna be B shares, or all shares will become A shares.

It is pretty absurd to imagine a scenario where he pays 4B and the Glazers are still under control.

Saying that, feck him and his bid that keeps the parasites here.

Let me rephrase it into a different way. The Glazers net worth is around 5b. Thus Manchester United with its super inflated price represent a big chunk of their personal wealth. Now 4 of the rats want to feck off while 2 want to stay. Assuming they decide to take INEOS offer then those who won't leave will have most of their wealth tied into the club's fortune. I very much doubt that they'll accept having no say on it whatsoever especially when the man in question seems to be a proper idiot around football.

I understand the Glazers POV because some distant relatives of mine are passing from a similar situation. They inherited a huge piece of land which basically represent their pension pot. 3 sold their stake to the same developer while 2 entered into a 'partnership' with him. Sure he's got the majority share at this point and yet they are quite vocal on how things are run and they made sure to have ample say on what truly matters. The guy can't afford ignoring them as they can take him to court which in turn would delay the project and would make him lose huge money in the process.

Returning to United I can see INEOS being the boss but I refuse to believe that Joel/Avram would have 1-2 B tied in a business in which they won't have a meaningful say on how its going to be run. I can also see friction in terms of investment. For example why should INEOS invest on a new stadium unless the Glazers put their own share into it. After all everyone will be benefiting of that investment. We all know that the Glazers had never invested a single penny into the club

Apparently it's just slightly over 5 now as being reported by actual reliable journalists. If this is the case then it's likely done, Qatar will not be buying the club.

I think it’s very likely they will become our new owners.

If all of this breaks down because nobody meets their £6bn target then I fully expect someone from Raine to leak that they kept telling the Glazer twats that nobody would offer that but they were too stubborn or thick to listen.

Then Ratcliffe will buy Liverpool and Sheikh Jassim will buy Spurs, we'll get investment from Asset Strippers Corp to buy a couple of tins of Dulux, the club defaults on its loans within five years and we go into insolvency. Cristiano buys the stadium to turn it into a penis enlargement clinic, but gives up half way through the project and does a sulky interview with Piers Morgan - who buys the stadium from Ronaldo and turns it into a bone yard for dead animals.

Gary Neville lodges a complaint with the local council over the smell from the bone yard annoying patrons of Hotel Football, but the council is now run by one of the Glazer kids who did sell their shares and feck off, through some sort of mismanaged attempt to bribe the Tories which didn't go according to plan. Because they speak American instead of English things get lost in translation and the Etihad is flooded with gallons of piss. So everything sort of turns out ok in the end, I guess.

It's being speculated that the bid is near the £5.5 billion mark, not sure if that includes debt or not though. Either way, even if it's just over £5 billion, that's still a world record bid for a sports club when converted to dollars. It would be a larger bid than the reported price for the NFL franchise the Washington Commanders for example. Which is a far more profitable sports club with an even higher market value, not to mention being a team located in and around the capital of the United States of America. It's not to the fault of any of the bidders that the scummy Glazer family have set such an unrealistic price for the club.

Not really. It is not entirely up to them when the shares he is buying belong to the other siblings who want to be done with the club. If I am Billy Bob Glazer and I stand to pocket 800M from the Qatar bid and my brother Joel says "hey bro I really want to hang on to my little stake in the club so please take the much cheaper offer from SJR and you can have 550M instead" I am going to tell him to get bent.

Ratcliffe is not a true fan like he claimed then. Any United fan would want the Glazers gone completely. Even if he used to be a fan, he is traitor to the club now if that offer we heard is true.
this is just silly. Of course we all want them gone, he probably wants them gone. But he’s likely weighed up the most likely outcome and found this to be the only way to take majority control of the club. If you had a choice between this and the glazers staying as majority owners, what would you choose?

Over £5bn amounts to what $1.1bn for each Glazer?

Of course these figures the sports journos pull out their arses dont ever account for whether these bids are including debt or in addition to debt.
The 5bn is enterprise value. The glazers get 69% of that for their shares - which is about 3.4bn between them.

Who cares if he’s a fan or not? He’s just a pragmatic businessman. He’s prepared to do whatever it takes to get what he wants even if that’s unpalatable to some.
What matters is the control.

Yep SJR has won this, no wonder he’s feeling confident he’s giving two of the parasites their cake and eat it. He’s going to offer £5bn as well but 69% of that is £3.4bn, he will let Joel and Avram keep their equity and have 20% of new voting shares, which means Ineos will only pay £2.2bn to buy out the other 4 siblings.
SJR is probably offering £5.25bn as they still need to Factor in £600m debt to be paid.

SJ offer might offer the other 4 siblings £2.4bn so £200m more or £50m each more, that’s a lot of money to turn down so
It depends on whether Avram and Joel can convince them and say they reimburse them in 10 years when the club worth £10bn( which Ofcourse will never happen under SJR and Joel and Avram)

I think most of us are just fed up of it now and don’t care as long as all the Glazers go !

Status
Not open for further replies.