Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s be fair - they all make it up as they go along.

All will be revealed by next week. The media are trying to squeeze more ad revenue out of all of this before the sale.

Journalism must be the easiest job ever, I swear.
I don't know. Making up stories, sure, but having to come up with crap constantly, begging for clicks, competing with a legion of similarly motivated hacks. Must be hell.

Surely for Qatar it’s now or never why don’t they just overpay a bit for it? I want someone to actually show they want us and offer what is being asked. I know it doesn’t make “sense” but this is football. Nothing makes sense.

Can you imagine the carnage if he wins and keeps the glazers on
Glazers maintaining a 20% equity stake with zero control ≠ being kept on

Again, I'm not a Ratcliffe supporter (heavily prefer Qatar), but let's not get things twisted here.

“Understand that Sheikh Jassim's final offer is again improved from his second bid”

Stating the obvious, I swear journalism must be the easiest job in the world.
To be fair, there was plenty of speculation that the latest bid would not come in higher, but would rather be structured differently (similar to Ratcliffe's).

Just watched the 8 min Skysports report, wasn’t a bad take on the state of affairs. The Qatari bid seems the best on the table for everyone. Not sure how all the fans will feel having the Glazers at the club even owning a minority stake might still be too much, coupled with the fact SJR doesn’t have the funds to redevelop the ground etc.
Next few days should be interesting, doubt the bids will all be in tonight, reckon Monday will be a better indicator of who’s left and at what value.

Glazers maintaining a 20% equity stake with zero control ≠ being kept on

Again, I'm not a Ratcliffe supporter (heavily prefer Qatar), but let's not get things twisted here.

That’s not what is getting mooted though. It’s all about the class B shares which hold the controlling power that they will maintain. The Glazers will still have the final say over all matters at the club despite despite each having less of a stake than the Chelsea season ticket holder.

Ratcliffe would be absolutely stupid if he didn’t try to negotiate those controlling class B shares with the Glazers and as we already know about those leeches they ain’t going to give up their precious toy that easily.

Ratcliffe had tested the top reds loyalty to the limit. His bid include retaining debt, no guarantee of seriously investing in the stadium, a football CV that makes you wonder if Mr Bean would do a better job and now the Glazers being involved. Some still cling to him till this very day

While he says he is a United fan, he is first and foremost a business man. And a very successful one.

That’s not what is getting mooted though. It’s all about the class B shares which hold the controlling power that they will maintain. The Glazers will still have the final say over all matters at the club despite despite each having less of a stake than the Chelsea season ticket holder.

Ratcliffe would be absolutely stupid if he didn’t try to negotiate those controlling shares with the Glazers and as we already know about those leeches they ain’t going to give up their precious toy that easily.
Irrelevant. It's been explained in here ad nauseam.

The share structure will be reorganized with the agreement and INEOS will have effectively complete control.

The Glazers by all accounts don't really give a shit about running the club - they believe there's significant market growth to come which will cause a rise in the club's valuation, and they don't want to leave that money on the table. Having a non-controlling equity share satisfies that interest.

The share structure will be reorganized with the agreement and INEOS will have effectively complete control.

The Glazers by all accounts don't really give a shit about running the club - they believe there's significant market growth to come which will cause a rise in the club's valuation, and they don't want to leave that money on the table. Having a non-controlling equity share satisfies that interest.

Fair enough.

Although the more you read about both bidders, the Qatar one looks much more appealing. Debt free and no Glazer lurking around.

Fair enough.

Although the more you read about both bidders, the Qatar one looks much more appealing. Debt free and no Glazer lurking around.
Completely agree. Think they're the only ones who can compete in the long-term with the other state-owned clubs. And if they don't acquire United, chances are they'll go after Liverpool or Spurs, which will just make things even worse for us.

ratcliffe wins

Not so sure about that. I know that the 6bn figure has been tossed out a lot as being the Glazers dream but the hard reality is they were never going to get it. A true valuation of the club is challenging but the consensus has always been that even 5bn would be paying a fair bit over market value and even more so when it is in effect a distressed asset that is going to require an almost immediate cash injection of around 2bn for badly needed infrastructure work and to pay off the debt that the leeches saddled us with.

The Glazers were never getting 6bn and even a bid slightly below 5bn is in all probability significantly more that Ineos is offering, after all SJR has been clear from the outset that he will not overpay. Nobody outside of the Glazers and the Raine Group know the true figures being offered but it would not surprise me in the least if the club ends up being sold in full and for a lot less than some of these headlines have been claiming.

Most of the Glazers want to sell so those 20% will probably come from Avram and Joel. That means that it will represent a big chunk of their personal wealth. Now I do believe that SJR will have a big say on how the club will be run. However if you think that Joel/Avram will allow someone with such poor football record to run the show on a business that they still have a big chunk of their wealth tied into then think again. The class B thing is real and while they might have 20% of the shares that 20% will probably have more power then you think. Thus I believe that SJR will be the boss but the Glazers will have ample power on many things.

We always have one guy who posts the journalist source of a tweet here and then we get like 5 other posts quoting aggregator tweets saying the exact same thing.

Completely agree. Think they're the only ones who can compete in the long-term with the other state-owned clubs. And if they don't acquire United, chances are they'll go after Liverpool or Spurs, which will just make things even worse for us.

Yep and that’s the worry. It’s hard enough just now to compete with Man City but will be even harder later down the line if either of those two are bought by a state.

Will end up becoming a rich version of the Scottish Premiership with two teams running away with it every season.

If that is in anyway true you can stick a form in the Qatar bid because it’s done. No way the Glazers sell for less than 5
So basically they're saying that the qataris are going to bid less than the second round? Yeah can't say I believe that

When are the next rounds due in? 3 weeks from next Tuesday on a full moon at the break of dawn?

Most of the Glazers want to sell so those 20% will probably come from Avram and Joel. That means that it will represent a big chunk of their personal wealth. Now I do believe that SJR will have a big say on how the club will be run. However if you think that Joel/Avram will allow someone with such poor football record to run the show on a business that they still have a big chunk of their wealth tied into then think again. The class B thing is real and while they might have 20% of the shares that 20% will probably have more power then you think. Thus I believe that SJR will be the boss but the Glazers will have ample power on many things.
There is no way that Radcliffe pays 4B or so and his shares voting power is gonna be less than Glazer’s. His shares will obviously either gonna be B shares, or all shares will become A shares.

It is pretty absurd to imagine a scenario where he pays 4B and the Glazers are still under control.

Saying that, feck him and his bid that keeps the parasites here.

Status
Not open for further replies.