Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is quite amusing people still trying to defend him after this latest development.

Keegan might be talking shite too, it’s not impossible.

Jimmy’s bid ain’t ideal, but neither is Qatar owning United. Both better than the Glazers maintaining control, but still not ideal.

you would be blinkered to think they wouldn’t have any influence still and expect to get their dividends. At least now they would know to just do without.
And it would be silly to assume INEOS would allow themselves to be dictated to by minority partners, or indeed to roll over and continue to pay dividends.

Jimmy’s bid ain’t ideal, but neither is Qatar owning United. Both better than the Glazers maintaining control, but still not ideal.

None of the situation is ideal. But given the value of the club we are either going to be debt-laden or own by a state. It’s then what you prefer out of those two choices really.

Force them out how?

He is more likely to die before any of that happens.

The key to it working is becoming the majority shareholder and having the controlling influence.

Quite a common way to take over a business. Sometime it's called a hostile takeover but this seems a little more subtle.

And it would be silly to assume INEOS would allow themselves to be dictated to by minority partners, or indeed to roll over and continue to pay dividends.

I’ve seen nothing to suggested they wouldn’t be influenced by minority partners given they are already ceding some control to them to buy the club.

The key to it working is becoming the majority shareholder and having the controlling influence.

Quite a common way to take over a business. Sometime it's called a hostile takeover but this seems a little more subtle.
If that's the case why would the two Glazers go for the deal?

I wonder if the Qatari’s will actually now pay the £6B asking price that those leeches have wanted since day one?

There is no way on earth they get forced out by anyone if they agree to this deal, you can be sure of that. They will sell up when they want to.

That would be even more expensive than an outright takeover, can't see jimmy paying that up once ownership costs already start escalating.

Or perhaps he doesn't have any intentions to spend on stadium and facilities, squad investments etc :wenger:

If that's the case why would the two Glazers go for the deal?

Honestly, I don't know. It may be a simple case of the other 4 wanting out and this being their only option which allows them to stay.

I've never really got the sense all 6 Glazers are aligned. Sure I once heard they don't even talk to each other and instead all discussion are done by their lawyers and representatives.

Sir Jim must be pretty desperate if he's resorting to this tactic

he must be certain he's getting out bid in the final round

Jim needs to release a statement.

Man Utd fans face a simple decision. Stability with strong ownership with him and the Glazers. or chaos with the Qataris.

Very true. It wont be the same people, but I think the problem with PSG isnt necessarily the individuals - its the culture they’ve tried to create at the club. Glitz, glamour, big names and big cheques which in my opinion has resulted in a toxic level of player power.

I think a lot of online fans love seeing us linked with Neymar, Mbappe etc. Personally that doesnt excite me at all.

I guess it depends on what kind of fans Jasmin is that will determine how we’ll be run.

Neymar would be a ridiculous signing, mbappe could be OK, I mean Madrid are very well run and wanted to sign him, but it's where he fits in with rashford.

Given the way city have been run, and looking at Newcastle, I'd be optimistic that they aren't going to just go for superstar names, psg needed that mercenary culture to compensate for the weakness of the league, and they've still built a team that was able to reach the champions league final and semi final within the last 4 years.

I'd be very optimistic that we'll be run correctly if jassim gets us, these people (oil rich billionaires) seem to surround themselves with the very best people, psg I think that nasser is a personal friend of the emir and so may be somewhat less skilled than others

We're staring down the barrel of the Glazers finding investment that will keep them here for another 20 years via hedge fund money.

This is a smart move by JR that will inevitably strip the Glazers of any decision making powers and will guarantee they will be gone eventually. He said from the start he wants the majority share with a view to full ownership in the long run.

This might be the only way we see the back of them.

There is no way on earth they get forced out by anyone if they agree to this deal, you can be sure of that. They will sell up when they want to.

It's not something that would happen the next day of course. But it can be done, regardless of the minority shareholders being resistant.

And yeh, forcing them out basically means buying them out.

According to Lawton’s article Ineos has offered Avram and Joel to keep *or* sell their 20% of the shares.

This most likely means that they offer the same amount to all the siblings. If Qatar’s bid is way bigger than the Ineos one, then why would the other four siblings agree to this? Makes no sense.

And since most of us assume that Keegan, the first one reporting this, is a mouthpiece for Qatar this would only be good PR for them. Jassim saving us from the evil Jimmy who wants to co-own with the evil Glazers brothers.

It’s going to be Jassim and Qatar.

It's not something that would happen the next day of course. But it can be done, regardless of the minority shareholders being resistant.

And yeh, forcing them out basically means buying them out.
Depends on how they do the deal and with what agreements etc. surely?

But they wouldn’t be clinging on. They would cede control of the club. It’s would be INEOS to do with as they please.

If it actually happened, the Glazers would not negotiate that sort of deal without maintaining some control and certainly retaining a strong influence.

If Avram and Joel were only interested in keeping their stake for growth reasons as investors, and not interested in keeping control, the club would have been sold ages ago with those two keeping their 15%s

So Jim would have the power over the Glazers in that scenario as he'd be majority owner

It'd be better than what we currently got I suppose.

Ideally though full sale still the best option.

Could well be Jim is looking to get in and then shove them from the inside out, given they would have zero control I am not totally against it but I do remain Qatar in.

If it actually happened, the Glazers would not negotiate that sort of deal without maintaining some control and certainly retaining a strong influence.

If Avram and Joel were only interested in keeping their stake for growth reasons, and not interested in keeping control, the club would have been sold ages ago with those two keeping their 15%s
Yeah, they will have iron-clad agreements.

Unless of course they really are as stupid/inept/incompetent as we all think they are!

They're not unfortunately. But as I alluded to above, it might be the only way they can maintain a stake in the club for now. A year or two down the line if they are forced out but the clubs value has risen, they could do so with a few more quid in their pocket.

This also applies to them ultimately not selling the club now and banking on the value rising towards the quoted £10bn. Which is without doubt, the very worst option.

According to Lawton’s article Ineos has offered Avram and Joel to keep *or* sell their 20% of the shares.

This most likely means that they offer the same amount to all the siblings. If Qatar’s bid is way bigger than the Ineos one, then why would the other four siblings agree to this? Makes no sense.

And since most of us assume that Keegan, the first one reporting this, is a mouthpiece for Qatar this would only be good PR for them. Jassim saving us from the evil Jimmy who wants to co-own with the evil Glazers brothers.

It’s going to be Jassim and Qatar.
Interesting point. A lot of people (myself included) have been looking at this process from Joel and Avram's POV, but haven't really considered the interests of the other siblings, who are also going to have a say in the ultimate decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.