Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it, Ratcliffe or anyone else doing this would basically be laying the groundwork for a full takeover. Just a way to get their foot in the door.

Don't understand why people are against it if the end game results in them all being gone once and for all. Bidding for the full club is pointless if two refuse to sell their part, so you adapt and play the long game.
Great post. I agree entirely. Far too level headed for this thread!

No chance - the cost of the process so far, especially having Goldman involved, is not trivial.

Think INEOS just realized they can't win a head-to-head full sale bid against Qatar, so they'd need to make a concession in the sale structure.

I've not followed the thread for a while as nothing seemed to be happening but last time I did, it was becoming more and more apparent Joel and Avram wanted to remain involved, and at that point, pushing for a full sale seemed futile.

As @Adnan said a few pages back, donytt be surprised if Qatar end up offering a similar deal and then watch how some posters suddenly open their eyes and see the game plan :wenger:

If Ratcliffe even countenances letting those 2 leaches stay on it's a sure sign he'd be a shite owner in the short and long term.

Jim can get fecked

I knew his bid was dodgy from the start

Enemy of the club now that cnut

Keegan has been the mouthpiece for Qatar in this takeover, so he likely knows something or at least this info has been fed to him from Qatar.

He made the same mistake as the every other journo when he mistakenly reported bid had been placed and he also had to backtrack.

No it's not. There is more than just one interested party trying to but the club.

It is though, because 2 of them seemingly do not want to sell, so with that in mind, a full sale at this point seems unlikely.

It's easy to suggest other bidder's just chuck a another billion at them to make them budge, but things aren't really that simple. You can't force them to sell from a starting point of zero. But you can force them out if you gain control and majority ownership.

I've not followed the thread for a while as nothing seemed to be happening but last time I did, it was becoming more and more apparent Joel and Avram wanted to remain involved, and at that point, pushing for a full sale seemed futile.

As @Adnan said a few pages back, donytt be surprised if Qatar end up offering a similar deal and then watch how some posters suddenly open their eyes and see the game plan :wenger:
Yeah, my read on the situation is that Joel and Avram believe there is still room for significant growth in the market due to the inevitability (in their eyes) of the Super League. As such, they'd like to retain some of their stake in the club, and not miss out on the growth in the club's valuation. However, the club needs a capital injection due to its financial situation. So to them, a partial sale that guarantees this injection of capital into the club would be preferable to a full sale, unless the full sale occurred at a significant premium ($6B is the number that's been cited).

It is though, because 2 of them seemingly do not want to sell, so with that in mind, a full sale at this point seems unlikely.

It's easy to suggest other bidder's just chuck a another billion at them to make them budge, but things aren't really that simple. You can't force them to sell from a starting point of zero. But you can force them out if you gain control and majority ownership.
Source?

This is a man that championed Brexit but lives in Monaco. This is a man that swore he would build factories in U.K. but went back on his word.

He wants the Ineos name attached to United for greenwashing, doesnt actually care about the club.

No potential owner who cares about the club would countenance any deal that lets such deeply unpopular owners cling on.

I don’t think it’s good

But it would be better than Glazers staying as majority owners

If the only two options are those, it’s an easy one.

But obviously I want them completely gone ideally. Sheikh Jassim will have to be prepared to be bent over a little on price
My problem is the thought of the Glazers allowing INEOS total control of the club and their investment. Going from owners to that doesn’t make any sense at all. Why wouldn’t they just accept investment and stay on as controlling owners?
None of this makes any sense. There isn’t a chance the Glazers are keeping their investment in the club and not having a role in how it’s run.

My problem is the thought of the Glazers allowing INEOS total control of the club and their investment. Going from owners to that doesn’t make any sense at all. Why wouldn’t they just accept investment and stay on as controlling owners?
None of this makes any sense. There isn’t a chance the Glazers are keeping their investment in the club and not having a role in how it’s run.
Agree.

For example….??

The Malaga angle for example, and several others. You know very well how you have been operating in this thread while at the same time making calls for people to objective. I don't think I have ever seen a user being called out so many times on this forum yet continue with the same behaviour. Maybe that popular Spurs fan who I don't think is here anymore.

He wants the Ineos name attached to United for greenwashing, doesnt actually care about the club.

No potential owner who cares about the club would countenance any deal that lets such deeply unpopular owners cling on.
But they wouldn’t be clinging on. They would cede control of the club. It’s would be INEOS to do with as they please.

If true it looks a very smart move by Jim to get himself into the hotseat where he can then force the remaining Glazers out which he surely would.

The man knows his business

Yeah, my read on the situation is that Joel and Avram believe there is still room for significant growth in the market due to the inevitability (in their eyes) of the Super League. As such, they'd like to retain some of their stake in the club, and not miss out on the growth in the club's valuation. However, the club needs a capital injection due to its financial situation. So to them, a partial sale that guarantees this injection of capital into the club would be preferable to a full sale, unless the full sale occurred at a significant premium ($6B is the number that's been cited).

For me, the key to this being acceptable, basically the only way I'd support it is that Ratcliffe or indeed anyone else gains control of the club.

The two Glazers having 10% each but not being able to make decisions or influence the club is absolutely vital. Otherwise it's no different to a hedge fund investing in the club.

Beyond that, I would expect Ratcliffe or anyone else to turn the screw and force them out.

Again, needs to be stressed that all of this is hypothetical seeing as we have no real evidence of this even being offered by Ratcliffe.

It is quite amusing people still trying to defend him after this latest development.
He's the billionaire Bojo. He's doing his best, local lad and a bit of a laugh.

I support the Qatar bid and have no illusions what's it about. But the hypocrites calling this development good have shown themselves to be pretty shameless/delusional/naive, select as appropriate.

If true it looks a very smart move by Jim to get himself into the hotseat where he can then force the remaining Glazers out which he surely would.

The man knows his business
Force them out how?

He is more likely to die before any of that happens.

The Malaga angle for example, and several others. You know very well how you have been operating in this thread while at the same time making calls for people to objective. I don't think I have ever seen a user being called out so many times on this forum yet continue with the same behaviour. Maybe that popular Spurs fan who I don't think is here anymore.
I cited Malaga simply as an example that Qatari ownership isn’t automatically the carefree utopia some have it pegged as. It is entirely possible that Jassim proves to be a terrible
owner.
In fairness as such an example, it probably has as much importance as the Nice/Lausanne rubbish the pro-Qatar lobby keep pushing but there we are.
In terms of being called out, I prefer the term ‘conversation’.

He's the billionaire Bojo. He's doing his best, local lad and a bit of a laugh.

I support the Qatar bid and have no illusions what's it about. But the hypocrites calling this development good have shown themselves to be pretty shameless/delusional/naive, select as appropriate.
Quite appropriate :lol:

Ratcliffe couldn’t afford to get the Glazers out anyway without incurring more debt so we would be stuck with them for a long while. All the same time they’ll probably continue to push for United to be in the European Super League as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.