Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SJR teaming up with Goldman Sachs + Glazers = Major Red Flag. Don't expect any changes and continue watching your neighbours winning everything.

SJR teaming up with Goldman Sachs + Glazers = Major Red Flag. Don't expect any changes and continue watching your neighbours winning everything.

It's a shit option, I can understand preferring them to Qatar for the obvious reasons but call a spade a spade and say it's a shit bid. Nothing SJR has done during this bid has provided any sense of confidence for United fans.

So why compare it to the status quo? It’s not Jim or nothing happens.
#Glazersout
Again, nobody said that it is the only offer. But if it is a move that makes it more attractive to the Glazers to give up control of the club - and that is what they chose to accept then it isn’t the worst option. That’s all I’m saying. It’s not the disaster that Elliot, Ares or Carlyle would be.

Tbf, I don't believe Jassim's bid is entirely separate from the Qatari state, I think that would be quite naive. But that doesn't mean if he buys us, it's the same people running us as psg. The money might come from the same place, but I fully believe the football people will be independent, its unlikely the emir of Qatar is going to take a hand in the day to day running, he'll almost certainly provide some funding, but the value is in having our brand associated with Qatar he's not actually going to be involved, it'll likely be up to jassim who to appoint and the like, even with state involvement

Very true. It wont be the same people, but I think the problem with PSG isnt necessarily the individuals - its the culture they’ve tried to create at the club. Glitz, glamour, big names and big cheques which in my opinion has resulted in a toxic level of player power.

I think a lot of online fans love seeing us linked with Neymar, Mbappe etc. Personally that doesnt excite me at all.

I guess it depends on what kind of fans Jasmin is that will determine how we’ll be run.

Are you for real?
An investor is, by definition, any person or other entity who commits capital with the expectation of receiving financial returns.

None of us like the Glazers, nor do we agree with the method by which they committed capital (leveraged buyout) or their inept running of the club.

But by definition they are "investors". I'm not sure what's controversial to you about that.

That's what they'd become under the Ratcliffe bid. They'd own 20% of the equity and, presumably, zero control.

On what planet have Malcolm Glazer's parasitic kids invested a single penny in the club. They've taken dividends, taken loans and sold off their lower voting right shares on the NYSE for a few hundred million (without a penny invested).

Daddy bought the club.

Looks bad but could also be quite clever. They're obviously reluctant to sell right now so buying out the other 4 and gaining a controlling stake might be the best way right now.

The key being getting a controlling stake and limiting any influence they can have.

Once you have that, you can then look to force them out, which is quite common in takeovers anyway.

Could be an ingenious move by Ratcliffe to gain the advantage and get a sale over the line in the face of the two Glazers being reluctant to sell. If of course, it's even true.

An investor is, by definition, any person or other entity who commits capital with the expectation of receiving financial returns.

None of us like the Glazers, nor do we agree with the method by which they committed capital (leveraged buyout) or their inept running of the club.

But by definition they are "investors". I'm not sure what's controversial to you about that.
They are the opposite of investors

Feck off back to the Bridge with that nonsense Jimmy. Christ, what a shit selection box of options this is.

Not so clever. The fans will hate him if he keeps the Glazers on board

Why?

If they are desperate to cling on, then we have a simple choice.

They all stay with full control

Or

Someone buys out those willing to sell, gains majority control and then works on getting rid of the other two.

I know which I would prefer. And I think if our fans looked at the full picture, they'd prefer it as well.

On what planet have Malcolm Glazer's parasitic kids invested a single penny in the club. They've taken dividends, taken loans and sold off their lower voting right shares on the NYSE for a few hundred million (without a penny invested).

Daddy bought the club.
The point is that under Radcliffe's bid (which for the record, I do not support - I prefer Qatar's full takeover) they would be relegated to minority owners. Call them what you want - minority owners, minority equityholders, minority leeches. Stop splitting hairs over terminology when we're all saying the same fecking thing.

Glazers staying as minority leeches wouldn't bother me at all.

Better. Would bother me though as they continue to drag this club down.

They already are damaging the club even with just 69% control, working with the leeches would still be quite terrible.

Let's be honest we know it's impossible that this is a private bid from one individual. Qatar would just get another person who loves Liverpool in that case.

I agree with you 100%, however I've just been labelled as a racist and xenophobe because of it a couple of pages ago. :lol:

Funny seeing people trying to say this is good :lol:

Should be ashamed of yourselves.
I don’t think it’s good

But it would be better than Glazers staying as majority owners

If the only two options are those, it’s an easy one.

But obviously I want them completely gone ideally. Sheikh Jassim will have to be prepared to be bent over a little on price

The way I see it, Ratcliffe or anyone else doing this would basically be laying the groundwork for a full takeover. Just a way to get their foot in the door.

Don't understand why people are against it if the end game results in them all being gone once and for all. Bidding for the full club is pointless if two refuse to sell their part, so you adapt and play the long game.

I don’t think it’s good

But it would be better than Glazers staying as majority owners

If the only two options are those, it’s an easy one.

But obviously I want them completely gone ideally. Sheikh Jassim will have to be prepared to be bent over a little on price
Agreed. This point seems lost on a lot of people here.

And nobody thinks it's good, just that it's a smart play.

The alternative is 6 Glazers with 100% control.

Was Jim there all the time to make Qatar pay more at the last minute?
No chance - the cost of the process so far, especially having Goldman involved, is not trivial.

Think INEOS just realized they can't win a head-to-head full sale bid against Qatar, so they'd need to make a concession in the sale structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.