Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did have an inkling Sir Jim could end up teaming up with the Glazers, it's part of the reason why Qatar is the preferred option. We want those leeches out of the club.

Shut your racist ass.

Really weak and pathetic argument. I would be against China, Russia, the USA, etc. any country buying us. Qatar is run by some of the most horrible humans on this planet, just like the countries I mentioned.

Likely an attempt to smoke out mega money from Qatar. However, as long as the chuckle brothers are not in control of the club, I will take it. Especially if the alternative is them staying in control.

He’ll take heat for this for sure, but if it gets him through the door he won’t care much. He can then work on turfing them out from within. It would only be a temporary situation.
Isn’t he obligated to make a takeover offer if he amassed a certain share percentage like MG did? Playing then at their own game!

I'm pretty sure that was a London Stock Exchange thing.

The Glazer shit show. So Glazers stay on and debt isn’t paid off.
Great stuff. More protests and complete mistrust of the Board now, everything is contaminated by association. It’s Glazers out, not Glazers minority shareholders
Interesting. Where does it say the debt isn’t paid off and the glazers still have a controlling stake?

Oddly enough 12 months ago when the protests involved SJR masks it was on the basis of his spokesperson saying he wanted to buy a stake with a view to controlling the club. So it seems it was glazers minority shareholders back then…maybe we’re letting perfect be the enemy of good here and have all been bought off by the promise of unlimited funds.

Why? When they can just pay them an extra billion to feck off?
I don't know if they can or they can't, but the Glazers hanging around with a non controlling stake would be the same as them fecking off as far as I'm concerned.

The Glazers would have a non controlling stake according to what's being reported. So I fully expect the Qatar group to also go down the same route if it comes down to it.
This. I expect Qatar to offer something similar, knowing they'll probably lose to SJR if they don't.

Who's going to pay £5bn+ and let the Glazers have a say in the business? Money talks, no way the Glazers stay.
The way I interpret it is that Ineos would pay about £2.5bn now for a controlling stake. Then buy the remaining 20% off the Glazers once the capital investment is done

Means Ineos have more money to spend on improvements in the short term, and the Glazers make more money in the long term

Glazers would be pretty much done at United I think, they’d just be waiting to sell the remaining shares

Its going to be a disaster of epic proportions and the fact that this Jim guy thinks its a good idea signals his competency & intention (lack of) to run the club well.

The Glazers being minority shareholders would have no impact on whether he is competent or not. It might be only way they’ll sell, his preferred option would be for them to be gone I’m sure as they contribute nothing.

If things go well people would quickly lose interest in the Glazers being minor shareholders, if it’s a disaster SJR will get all the heat either way as he’s in control.

Likely an attempt to smoke out mega money from Qatar. However, as long as the chuckle brothers are not in control of the club, I will take it. Especially if the alternative is them staying in control.
It actually shows Qatar's strength where Jassim had to pander to the Glazer's preference, as INEOS couldn't match Qatar's full take over bid.

I don't know if they can or they can't, but the Glazers hanging around with a non controlling stake would be the same as them fecking off as far as I'm concerned.
They'd still have voting rights and they'd still receive a dividend. I'm not sure we can afford to do that with Sir Jim refusing to remove the debt that's currently on the club and not yet mentioned how he's going to pay off the new debt he's collecting from buying the club.

It actually shows Qatar's strength where Jassim had to pander to the Glazer's preference, as INEOS couldn't match Qatar's full take over bid.

Oh my god, a single individual with his company behind him couldn't compete with a whole fecking state!

Qatar, so strong! :eek:

They'd still have voting rights and they'd still receive a dividend. I'm not sure we can afford to do that with Sir Jim refusing to remove the debt that's currently on the club and not yet mentioned how he's going to pay off the new debt he's collecting from buying the club.
I'm not an expert on board governance by any means, but my understanding is if INEOS has 51% of the voting rights, the Glazers might as well not even have a say. I don't think the dividend policy would remain in place either, at least not until our finances are under control.

There are, of course, nuances to this, such as certain legal protections for minority shareholders - but again, not something I'm qualified to discuss.

Looks like this makes Ratcliffe the front runner. PL clubs will be happy with this, club will remain much the same.

Qatar needs to massively over pay now to oust all the Glazers, not sure they will. Shame really.

This is a clever move. He’s always said he would be willing buy a stake with a view to a full takeover down the line. The controlling stake is key.
Don’t know if this is his Ace or his Joker but it’s an interesting move all the same.

There’s no question any more, this is Jimmy boy’s account.

This is true, but if they are out of control they would fade away I think.
Not necessarily. Usmanov did not sit silently even though Kroenke had a controlling stake at Arsenal. He became an activist shareholder and kept blocking privatisation of Arsenal and stirring up conflict. How is that good for the club?
Can easily see the same happen with us if this deal were to go through. Additionally, how are they going to raise funds for the stadium redevelopment without clearing the debt? The club’s current debt position makes it difficult to take on any significant amount of more debt.

The Glazers would have a non controlling stake according to what's being reported. So I fully expect the Qatar group to also go down the same route if it comes down to it.
Keegan is stating again - as he has all the way through - that they are only interested in 100%. What this does do is make their bid very interesting…how high will they go? The Elliot stuff has always seemed unviable to me but this is a genuinely attractive option that will suit all Glazers.

Like I said in one of my my previous posts, I expect the Qatari group to go down the same route and offer the Glazers a non controlling stake if it comes down to it.

I'd rather the club is sold fully than the Glazers staying in any capacity. But I would prefer to see the Glazers with a non controlling stake than a controlling stake in the club if it came down to it.

Wouldn’t the board vote on dividends, so if Ratcliffe is true to his word, what the Glazers want is irrelevant. They are just gambling on their share value increasing. I assume they currently have more than 10% shares in the club so they’ll both take a big chunk of change in the sale and become passengers on their remaining 10% until they’re bought out fully.
The 6 Glazers have between 10-14% each if I remember correctly.

Not necessarily. Usmanov did not sit silently even though Kroenke had a controlling stake at Arsenal. He became an activist shareholder and kept blocking privatisation of Arsenal and stirring up conflict. How is that good for the club?
Can easily see the same happen with us if this deal were to go through. Additionally, how are they going to raise funds for the stadium redevelopment without clearing the debt? The club’s current debt position makes it difficult to take on any significant amount of more debt.
IIRC, Kroenke had the largest stake but not a majority. So nobody had 51% of voting rights. Significantly different situation.

There’s no question any more, this is Jimmy boy’s account.

Finding excuses for modern day slavery is fine, like we have seen dozens of posters do that in the last few months. Staying level headed about this news is where you draw the line.

Alexa, show me how a proposed new owner can lose all the support of the entire fan base…

Keegan is stating again - as he has all the way through - that they are only interested in 100%. What this does do is make their bid very interesting…how high will they go? The Elliot stuff has always seemed unviable to me but this is a genuinely attractive option that will suit all Glazers.
I wouldn't be suprised if the Qatar group ups their offer considerably..

Finding excuses for modern day slavery is fine, like we have seen dozens of posters do that in the last few months. Staying level headed about this news is where you draw the line.

Whataboutism, excellent, we really are in a political thread now.

Jim a fecking dreamer, don’t think he had the cash in the first place for a complete a takeover let alone invest in the club, our situation won’t get any better under him. It’s either Qatar or stick with the Glazers at this point.

I would have been happy with either SJR or SJ before, but this pushes me fully into the Qatari camp.

Glazers remaining as minority shareholders wouldn’t be a disaster, but I just want them gone.

IIRC, Kroenke had the largest stake but not a majority. So nobody had 51% of voting rights. Significantly different situation.
Kroenke had increased his stake to 67% with Usmanov left with 30% in 2011. Even though Kroenke had the control of the board from then, things did not become smooth till he acquired the remaining stale in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.