Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
]

Pere Guardiola is a football agent who was involved in the transfers of Thiago Alcantara, Iniesta and Luis Suarez. He is shareholder of Sports Entertainment Group (SEG) who represent more than 600 clients in 25 countries. One of their clients happen to be ETH. So I presume that he can afford 44.3% of a second division club especially one who previously had financial issues. Their transfer budget had been quite mediocre. They spent 8.75m euros in 2017-2018, 10m the year after, 5.70m during 19/20, they relied on loans/free transfers the two years after that and they broke the bank this year with 15m euros. That's something a second tier football agent (the likes of Mino and Mendes being first tier agents) can afford to pitch his fair share in.

Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Abdullah Al Ahmed Al Thani's net worth is said to be 800m dollars. He is the second cousin of the previous emir. He bought Malaga for 34m euros. Considering the fees involved, the fact that QSI didn't bail Malaga out and their reluctance to buy the club (although there seems to be a shift to that) then its highly likely that this was a private investment.

Jassim on the other hand is worth around 1.1B. He already offered a fee of around 4.5b-5b for Manchester United. So while not official, its highly likely that Qatar Sovereign fund is involved
Thus its wiser to scrutinize PSG ownership rather then Malaga's

There's alot to be said about PSG ownership. Quite frankly I am more impressed with Abu Dhabi's then them. However there's no denying that they took a modest side and made it a top side. 8 out of their 10 league titles was won under Qatar ownership. Some claim that its a farmer's league. Let's not forget though that INEOS lead Nice has yet to qualify to the CL and is currently lingering at a ridiculous 10th place having just lost against the mighty Basel, Clemont Foot and Brest. Since you're obsessed with salary bills, Nice has a salary bill of €32,600,000
Basel has a yearly salary bill of €12,260,000, Clemont salary bill is €6,200,000 and Brest is €10,750,000. You'll be surprised though that the normal fans dont' care how much salary is being paid for high earners/elite players like Messi or Mbappe or in Nice FC case high earners/erm elite players? like Ramsay and Schmeichel. What they care is about trophies.

The CL still eludes them though. There again that's quite a tough nut to win. SAF won it just 2 times which sounds quite underwhelming but is not when you compare that to how many times many times all the clubs in London had won it COMBINED (ie 2). Milan has last won it in 2007, Juventus has last won it in 96, Ajax in 95 while City and Arsenal has never won it.

Returning on INEOS. The structure is pretty centralised with all teams in INEOS group sharing the same head of football ie the very experienced Bob Ratcliffe (no prior experience in football), Sir Dave Brailsford and now Jean Claude Blanc. Ratcliffe himself had linked all clubs together in an interview he did when he bought Nice. In fact he said “We made some mistakes at Lausanne, but we are fast learners, these have been rectified and we are already seeing the benefits. Clubs need to be successful off the pitch, as well as on it, and OGC Nice will be no different, as we look to take the club from strength to strength in all aspects over the coming years.” The problem with that quote is that they aren't fast learners, they are still making plenty of mistakes at Nice and Lausanne and quite frankly they are still tanking in both.

On the other hand their wage bill is 'sustainable' (Ramsay is paid as much as Osimhen and far more then Khvicha Kvaratskhelia) so maybe they can celebrate that instead of trophies.
Great point about the CL. SAF 2, Pep 2, Jose 2. Really it’s only something that RM seem to be able to win on a regular basis. But then the credit doesn’t really go to the manager because it’s something that RM just seem to over the past 11 years.

I want to see the Glazers get squeezed out and penniless. I wonder how quickly the club can be repossessed should the debt repayments fail to be kept up by the club?.

Big Jim knows what United fans really want. Piping hot Glazers, 24/7 for life.

So Ratcliffe is so desperate to get his hands on the club that he's willing to antagonise the fans right out of the gate?

He can’t win it on his own so he’s offering them a chance to stay. Disgusting. The Glazers should have no involvement with United going forward. They’ve hurt the club enough.

Wow, that's quite the twist.

SJR knows he can't beat Qatar with a bid for a full purchase, so he goes for a compromise instead. Will be interesting to see how this one plays out...
I think he wins…Glazer siblings who want out get shit tons to sell whilst Avram and Joel freeload their way to a higher value stake as they watch Ratcliffe invest in the club.

Where are all the Sir Ratcliff 'IN' guys?

Hopefully, this triggers a bigger and more intense protest on Sunday.

I think he wins…Glazer siblings who want out get shit tons to sell whilst Avram and Joel freeload their way to a higher value stake as they watch Ratcliffe invest in the club.
Agreed

He can’t win it on his own so he’s offering them a chance to stay. Disgusting. The Glazers should have no involvement with United going forward. They’ve hurt the club enough.
exactly. How much debt does United still have because of them? Milked the club dry and want to continue doing so.

If this effectively strips Joel and Avram of all their decision-making power, it wouldn't be as bad as some of the other posters are making it out to be. I'd still prefer for Qatar to win, but this wouldn't be the end of the world.

I’ll probably have to take cover for saying it

… But I wouldn’t dismiss that

If they’re just staying with 10% each, with the other siblings gone, I’d assume it’s just so that they can sell their remaining 10% in a few years for more money to Ineos

In that case, I highly doubt that they’ll be bothered about having any say in things whatsoever. Much better than the minority investment idea

If they wanted that they’d finance it themselves. Having a non controlling share simply wouldn’t appeal to them form what we know of the scum
How? Explain to me how they finance buying out the other 4 at a value of billions and find the funding for the infrastructure? They can’t. The only reason they want to stay is because they believe the asset value and thus their share value will increase. Ratcliffe buying the majority and investing allows their stake to increase without having to spend a penny. It makes perfect sense from their perspective.

Hate the idea of Joel and Avram staying but if they only have 10% each they will have no power and will be gone at some point. I’d take that over them not selling or being in control via a partial sale.

How would that work with INEOS ownership and the two rats remaining? Would the two nepo babies still be picking up dividends from Jim's pocket? Because they don't want to stay for the love of the club.

He wants the club but has to focus on getting his foot through the door first. Then he'll work on getting them out from the inside, is my guess anyway

Hate the idea of Joel and Avram staying but if they only have 10% each they will have no power and will be gone at some point. I’d take that over them not selling or being in control via a partial sale.
That's it. It's not good, but it's not the disaster some are making it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.