Club ownership | Senior management team talk

There are some managers who are not in a job right now, who probably wouldn’t mind earning a few millions for a season. The likes of Potter, Joachim Low, Mauricio Sarri, Rudi Garcia, Edin Terzic, Allegri. Some of them with nothing to lose, some who would hope that if they do well, can get the job in the summer.

Some of them like Potter, Terzic, in addition to the likes of Tuchel and Pochetino could also be interesting full time choices.

Not sure what are we expecting, we won’t get a summer of 2013 when Pep, Mourinho and Ancelotti were available (and many others) only for us to choose Sir David Moyes.
If we go for an interim, you need a coach that suits the current crop of players. It rules out Potter or Sarri.

Low would be a fun appointment for a year. But if Tuchel is available now, that is the move we should make, get him in early and let him work.

Look like ETH will keep his job for now. He will be the manager for Brentford game. I think he himself can't believe that he is still in the job.

I can't see any possibility ETH could turn this around. The longer Ineos Team drag this will look very bad on them.

He won't be getting sacked. It appears INEOS don't have the courage to make that decision and will happily bury their heads in the sand as we sink further behind
as I said in the summer - and got all kinds of abuse for it on here - new faces, same clowns

Yeah, they're going to look really(even more) stupid when Tuchel becomes England manager and we sack ETH eventually this season with less choice in terms of replacements.

Lets all act as if there is only one alternative. If Tuchel didnt wow the board in the summer, he should not get the job now either just because Ten Hag is rubbish.

We need to get a coach who they think is good enough.

Lets all act as if there is only one alternative. If Tuchel didnt wow the board in the summer, he should not get the job now either just because Ten Hag is rubbish.

We need to get a coach who they think is good enough.

Not sure we should trust their opinion considering they have ten hag another year

Clear their main focus is cutting costs, sacking Ten Hag would have gone against that.

Because failing to qualify for Europe won't cost us a penny? Keeping Ten Hag is going to cost us a lot more than saving him would

Well they haven't if they think 17 million is less than failing to make Europe
Realistically it would be much less than 17m. That's a tabloid-generated figure that assumes his severance would be equal to the sum of all his salary payments between now and the end of his contract.

Well they haven't if they think 17 million is less than failing to make Europe

And if you get a Ralf Ragnick type response from an interim you end up having to pay Ten Hag, paying an interim and no Europe. That would be worst case scenario with best case scenario being Ten Hag getting us into Europe. If they are looking at it solely from a financial perspective than keeping Ten Hag until the summer and risking not getting Europe may be the middle of the road option. I suspect in an ideal world they would not want to sack Ten Hag but that hand may be forced if things get even worse.

And if you get a Ralf Ragnick type response from an interim you end up having to pay Ten Hag, paying an interim and no Europe. That would be worst case scenario with best case scenario being Ten Hag getting us into Europe. If they are looking at it solely from a financial perspective than keeping Ten Hag until the summer and risking not getting Europe may be the middle of the road option. I suspect in an ideal world they would not want to sack Ten Hag but that hand may be forced if things get even worse.

Ragnick got us into Europe

I’ve got a feeling that they will sack the manager if we lose to Brentford and we’d have just wasted the international break

Amateurs. Kept underperforming manager twice and allowed way better managers (and free) managers to sign for another teams. Now they just need to hire Potter or Southgate next month to make debacle complete.

It is like Ed and John never left.

I’ve got a feeling that they will sack the manager if we lose to Brentford and we’d have just wasted the international break
I actually doubt it. The stories coming out now are that his sacking wasn't even considered. Even if this isn't true and they did discuss it, they would have made the decision to stick with him keeping in mind that losing to Brentford is a very real possibility. There really wasn't a better time to sack him than this last break so I think he will be here at least until Christmas, but probably to the end of the season.

Amateurs. Kept underperforming manager twice and allowed way better managers (and free) managers to sign for another teams. Now they just need to hire Potter or Southgate next month to make debacle complete.

It is like Ed and John never left.
Wait till we hire Alonso in the summer what will you say then? These lot will go for the best as they have done for their other appointments. Tuchel was never it

Wait till we hire Alonso in the summer what will you say then? These lot will go for the best as they have done for their other appointments. Tuchel was never it
We have higher chance of hiring Fernando Alonso the two times F1 champion than Xabi.

The best? Who of their appointments is "the best" in his job?