Club ownership | Senior management team talk

I don't mind this approach as he we should no longer have a managed-centric philosophy but it remains to be seen if they will have the quality needed
I don't mind it either but then it makes no sense at all to keep him in the job unless he's willing to play that role. Which he apparently isn't.

I joined their Teams call but that shit was so boring and Erik couldn’t turn off the bunny ears effect. Unprofessional to say the least
I was there too. Heard the cornhub sound from Wilcox's background. These lot are hopeless

He won't be getting sacked. It appears INEOS don't have the courage to make that decision and will happily bury their heads in the sand as we sink further behind

Yeah huge black mark against then for making the same mistake twice I am afraid

2 reasons he won't be sacked:

1. Apparently sacking him will cost £17m​
2. Tuchel will want a similar wage to Pep and Arteta (£20m). ETH is on £7m per year.​

So, that's £30m we don't have / don't want to spend.

I didn't think much of note happened after the initial awkwardness when Joel got confused and opened with a 10 minute presentation about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

I have clarified that I critised them because of ETH and yet you choose to ignore that and keep putting words in my mouth. Go on then.

Yet you know footballing structure is more than just the manager? Just because Murtough, Woodward etc sacked managers they are better?

They are the same people 3 months before sacking the manager, gave them 2/3 year extensions, but ofcourse you wont see that.

2. Tuchel will want a similar wage to Pep and Arteta (£20m). ETH is on £7m per year.​

Tuchel wouldn't want that, also didn't Ornstein say the say £17m figure wasn't correct

How much will it cost in lost revenue if we finish outside the European spots altogether? Not to mention the £10m hit we’ll take from Adidas for missing out on CL football two seasons on the bounce.

How much will it cost in lost revenue if we finish outside the European spots altogether? Not to mention the £10m hit we’ll take from Adidas for missing out on CL football two seasons on the bounce.
This a million times. I just don't understand how people keep saying we can't afford to sack him when the truth is we will lose so much more keeping him and not qualifying for top four

This a million times. I just don't understand how people keep saying we can't afford to sack him when the truth is we will lose so much more keeping him and not qualifying for top four
To be honest our team is no-where near good enough for top four. City, Liverpool and Arsenal are miles ahead. Be a miracle we might get fourth even with a good manager. Just terrible signings again and again and again and again. Midfield is still horrendous with little to no pace and power.

To be honest our team is no-where near good enough for top four. City, Liverpool and Arsenal are miles ahead. Be a miracle we might get fourth even with a good manager. Just terrible signings again and again and again and again.
Yup. We’ll probably finish 6th at very best.

Isn't it the case as well that Joel Glazer would have to sign off a change of manager? Not saying he would disagree if it was proposed by Ineos but, if that's true, he is notoriously slow about making decisions.

To be honest our team is no-where near good enough for top four. City, Liverpool and Arsenal are miles ahead. Be a miracle we might get fourth even with a good manager.
Under normal circumstances the CL clubs should perform well enough in Europe to get one of the two bonus CL spots. So fifth should be enough to get into the CL. Just last season was the first time for several years that the PL wasn't a top two league in terms auf UEFA Coefficient (the only time it mattered, which makes it funny).

Maybe give them a bit of time. Neither getting in Little Timmy Tuchel nor sticking with Ten Bob were great choices. It is a long term project, and it's likely neither manger will be a part of it, and short term pain was somewhat inevitable. After a decade of misery, nobody wants to hear that it's going to take patience. But it is, and will. The press are having a lot of fun this week, but you're perfectly entitled to ignore it.

Not suggested not giving them more time but the whole "best in class" phrase is meaningless. It's a Gary Neville catchphrase everyone's jumped on because he's used it repeatedly in MNF rants.

3. They only extended his contract a few months ago.
4. We're only 11 games into the season.
5. The pool of available managers is even smaller than in the summer.
6. Getting someone new in offers no guarantee of improvement.
7. The squad is full of players this manager has worked with before. Our budget means that the next guy will have to wait until next summer and even than will only be able to change a few of them.
8. As shit as it's been, the players appear to be trying.

ETH can have no complaints if he is sacked. I won't complain either. The faint signs of progress in the early games have disappeared completely now and we're scrapping for draws. The mood around the club is awful, and the easiest way to change that is a new manager. But if the new guy starts badly, what then? We'll be just as miserable and their only card will have been played.

So I won't be shocked if they give him this supposedly easier run of games as a last chance to show something positive.

7. The squad is full of players this manager has worked with before. Our budget means that the next guy will have to wait until next summer and even than will only be able to change a few of them.

ETH can have no complaints if he is sacked. I won't complain either. The faint signs of progress in the early games have disappeared completely now and we're scrapping for draws. The mood around the club is awful, and the easiest way to change that is a new manager. But if the new guy starts badly, what then? We'll be just as miserable and their only card will have been played.

So I won't be shocked if they give him this supposedly easier run of games as a last chance to show something positive.

Doesn't deserve this easier run of games, absolute shambles that they are too bloody stubborn to own this mistake and put it right

To be honest our team is no-where near good enough for top four. City, Liverpool and Arsenal are miles ahead. Be a miracle we might get fourth even with a good manager. Just terrible signings again and again and again and again. Midfield is still horrendous with little to no pace and power.

Really? We are 100% good enough for top 4. City dont have pace and power in midfield? Neither do Liverpool.

We have a good squad completely capable of getting top 4.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

It looks like Man United are adopting this as a business model sadly.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

It looks like Man United are adopting this as a business model sadly.

Yeah certainly does

There is something weird going on that i don't quite get. Ugarte and de Ligt don't seem to have what is needed for the style of play ETH is trying to achieve because neither are great passers as far as I know. It seems like Wilcox is trying to impose a different pattern of play, perhaps emboldened by doing so in the Cup Final. If so then it's only a matter of time before ETH is sacked.
De Ligt, Mazraoui, Martinez, Onana all played under Ten Hag at Ajax. We all know the structure was a mess previously but ultimately if they don’t fit his style of play he either should have known this and not bought them, or should be getting far more out of them. I’d argue the same in midfield. He’s bought two similar types of midfielder in Casemiro and Ugarte. He also seemed to be a big fan of McTominay. He’s persisted with Rashford/Bruno and bought Hojlund who wants to be running at goal rather than back to goal.

There’s really no evidence of him building a team that is relying on great passers. I wanted him to stay this year as I thought he got a rough ride with injuries, but it’s pretty clear now that we have two modes of play. A disjointed press that means we can score but concede, or a solid team that can get a clean sheet but not score. This shows me that the players are trying to implement what he wants them to do, it’s just not effective for whatever reason

Yet you know footballing structure is more than just the manager? Just because Murtough, Woodward etc sacked managers they are better?

They are the same people 3 months before sacking the manager, gave them 2/3 year extensions, but ofcourse you wont see that.

Again, I have clarified that part. Read again!

As an outsider and trying my hardest not to be on the wind-up it's a source of great joy to other PL teams that this high powered group of talented execs are incapable of applying the coup de grace to this incompetent Manager.
I strongly suspect that there are too many layers of power now at the club and they're somewhat getting in each other's way.

In the days of Ferguson and Gill the nettle would have been well and truly grasped.

As an outsider and trying my hardest not to be on the wind-up it's a source of great joy to other PL teams that this high powered group of talented execs are incapable of applying the coup de grace to this incompetent Manager.
I strongly suspect that there are too many layers of power now at the club and they're somewhat getting in each other's way.

In the days of Ferguson and Gill the nettle would have been well and truly grasped.

It's exactly why many fans are now criticize them on amauterish handling on ETH since last summer until now. Hope they learn fast and correct their mistake.

Having said that they still have the support of overwhelming majority of the fans because the football structure is only a few months old. They need time.

But there is no doubts that ETH need to go and don't deserve anymore time or resources from the club.

For what it's worth, I don't think they will fire him today. But, they may well have their eye on the next International break in November. We, supposedly, have a run of favourable games (no such thing for this United team) between now & then. If things pick up, then fine, keep him. However, if results continue to tank then he's probably gone then. This also gives them time to firm up what their plan of action is going to be if they out him.
Best way to throw away the season. If they don’t sack him they are no better then the glazers.

I'm trying so hard to justify keeping him for a few more matches...but I can't. There's nothing there, no 'what if' I can come up with anymore. It's not good enough, and hasn't been for over an entire season, rapidly approaching two entire seasons.

This is a good squad. It should be top 4.

Even if you can't line up the perfect replacement until the summer, there's no world where ETH is still there then anyway, so might as well give it to literally anyone, and hope for that manager bounce. Antony aside, I don't see players like Martinez, De Ligt, Ugarte downing tools cause ETH is leaving. No way.

De Ligt, Mazraoui, Martinez, Onana all played under Ten Hag at Ajax.
It might be that of ETH's Ajax played in the EPL they would also be 14th.

Fundamentally Onana and Martinez seem like good buys. Mazraoui seems technically OK without being much of an upgrade on before and shows no leadership. And de Ligt just seems like another Maguire.

The problem is that nobody is so amazingly talented that they can't easily be handled by opponents. Our attacks look toothless and our defence error prone. Behind it lies an assumption that averagely decent players and young players can be turned into top four world beaters by our quality coaching. But that's not happening on a big enough scale to make us click.

You're spouting absolute nonsense. Sure, as an outsider, you might not know that Ashworth, Wilcox, and Berrada have all worked together before—they're not just three random hires. Berrada and Wilcox were together at City, and we United fans who've been paying attention know Berrada was instrumental in bringing in Ashworth and Wilcox. Plus, Brailsford has ties with them and isn't clashing with Jim.

Look at our youth signings like Obi and Kone—we finally have a clear identity in our player acquisitions, unlike the scattergun approaches of signing Mata, Fellaini, or during the van Gaal spree. Next year, we'll boast the newest and best training ground and facilities in Europe. There's progress on the stadium front, and the club's communication and engagement with fans have improved massively.

But according to you, just two days into the international break and a couple of hours after an executive meeting, "this high-powered group of talented execs are incapable of applying the coup de grace to this incompetent Manager." Not sacking him during this break doesn't prove your point unless you think they all sat in silence for 30 minutes and called it a day. That's utter garbage.

If he's not sacked now, you can bet plans are in motion to make calculated decisions moving forward if things don't improve. Reliable reports have mentioned Jim's voice echoing around the club regarding performances. There have been meetings and assessments with players and staff even before the Villa match. The executives are evaluating everyone, not just the coaching, and it's clear the players have been told not to throw the coach under the bus. The only way to fix the club permanently is to let things play out, even during tough times, so the new football department can properly do their work with the coaching staff and players.

Maybe Ineos is using AI to make their decisions...

Hi, this is Ineos. should we fire Ten Hag or let him stay on as manager?

"The decision to fire or keep Erik ten Hag as manager depends on several factors. You might want to evaluate the following:
  1. Current Performance: If the team’s form, results, and style of play under Ten Hag are meeting the club's expectations, it could warrant giving him more time. However, if results are consistently poor, this could be a sign that change is necessary.
  2. Long-Term Vision: Ten Hag was known for building a sustainable and cohesive system at Ajax. If he's making progress towards a long-term vision for the team (youth development, tactics, culture), it might be worth staying patient. Sometimes short-term dips lead to long-term success.
  3. Available Alternatives: Replacing a manager mid-season is tricky unless there's a clear candidate who could take over and do better. Who's available and interested is key in deciding whether to fire him.
  4. Internal Factors: Consider the squad morale, relationships between players and manager, and whether there's tension that might affect performance. If the atmosphere is toxic, it could justify making a change sooner.
What’s your take on the recent performance and internal mood at the club?"

You tell me.. should we fire him or not?

"Based on Erik ten Hag’s recent performance at Manchester United, it’s a complicated decision, but I'd lean toward giving him more time, barring any serious internal issues. Here’s why:
  1. Track Record: Ten Hag proved his capabilities at Ajax, where he successfully developed young players and implemented a solid, attacking style. United’s issues may not solely stem from managerial tactics but could also involve squad balance, injuries, and off-field problems.
  2. Time and Stability: Frequent managerial changes often create instability. Manchester United, like other top clubs, needs a period of stability to build a consistent playing style and mentality. Given that it’s only Ten Hag’s second season, he might need more time to shape the team to his vision fully.
  3. Lack of Clear Alternatives: Unless there's an elite, proven manager available who fits United’s long-term strategy, rushing to fire him could backfire. Constantly switching managers could lead to more inconsistency in results and further derail progress.
  4. Squad Issues: There are clear squad issues, including underperforming players, contract disputes, and injuries. Addressing these problems might be a better first step before blaming the manager alone."

Maybe Ineos is using AI to make their decisions...

Hi, this is Ineos. should we fire Ten Hag or let him stay on as manager?

"The decision to fire or keep Erik ten Hag as manager depends on several factors. You might want to evaluate the following:
  1. Current Performance: If the team’s form, results, and style of play under Ten Hag are meeting the club's expectations, it could warrant giving him more time. However, if results are consistently poor, this could be a sign that change is necessary.
  2. Long-Term Vision: Ten Hag was known for building a sustainable and cohesive system at Ajax. If he's making progress towards a long-term vision for the team (youth development, tactics, culture), it might be worth staying patient. Sometimes short-term dips lead to long-term success.
  3. Available Alternatives: Replacing a manager mid-season is tricky unless there's a clear candidate who could take over and do better. Who's available and interested is key in deciding whether to fire him.
  4. Internal Factors: Consider the squad morale, relationships between players and manager, and whether there's tension that might affect performance. If the atmosphere is toxic, it could justify making a change sooner.
What’s your take on the recent performance and internal mood at the club?"

You tell me.. should we fire him or not?

"Based on Erik ten Hag’s recent performance at Manchester United, it’s a complicated decision, but I'd lean toward giving him more time, barring any serious internal issues. Here’s why:
  1. Track Record: Ten Hag proved his capabilities at Ajax, where he successfully developed young players and implemented a solid, attacking style. United’s issues may not solely stem from managerial tactics but could also involve squad balance, injuries, and off-field problems.
  2. Time and Stability: Frequent managerial changes often create instability. Manchester United, like other top clubs, needs a period of stability to build a consistent playing style and mentality. Given that it’s only Ten Hag’s second season, he might need more time to shape the team to his vision fully.
  3. Lack of Clear Alternatives: Unless there's an elite, proven manager available who fits United’s long-term strategy, rushing to fire him could backfire. Constantly switching managers could lead to more inconsistency in results and further derail progress.
  4. Squad Issues: There are clear squad issues, including underperforming players, contract disputes, and injuries. Addressing these problems might be a better first step before blaming the manager alone."
Polar bear died for this bullshit that could be written by any given WUM in this thread

Nothing is being said as they've all agreed on an official statement that will be released at an agreed time.

They're not going to be giving it a Harry Redknapp, window wound down "To be honest with you Jeff, the geezer's done himself no favours...."

Nothing is being said as they've all agreed on an official statement that will be released at an agreed time.

They're not going to be giving it a Harry Redknapp, window wound down "To be honest with you Jeff, the geezer's done himself no favours...."
Number plate fits.. Harry Recknapp 7

At this point, I'm sick of hearing the quote 'best in class' already, especially with the way they conducted themselves over the manager situation both in summer and currently.

It reminds me the 'watch this space' quote from Woodward. The words say one thing but their actions say another.

Sure fire way to pretect yourself. He shouldn't have never been allowed to build his old Ajax squad. I thought INEOS would end this, but in came de Ligt and Mazraoui.

4 of his back 5 are his Ajax old boys against Spurs and Porto and he still get get them to defend.

This is nonsense, we don't have to catch those three to play CL football and last year, at our worst, we were short by a mere 9 points. It shows that if we remove the main impediment to team progression early enough we have the squad to, not only catch up, but really compete.

De Ligt was in the CL semis and minutes away from making the final just five months ago, no way he is this bad. That's one example. When the manager loses the plot it's the players that suffer the most because the majority of the time he is making them targets for lynch mobs online by deflecting blame.

The season can and should be salvaged. Even if we don't make top four we can make a strong enough impression in Europe and earn points that give top 5 a CL hearth. We can't just wait whilst the season is washed away by a manager who has lost his head.