Claudio Marchisio

Ah, I reckon you guys have watched Vidal far more than me. Fair enough.

To the Vidal-thread, then?

While Vidal for instance were brilliant vs Bayern, eh?

I think both are bloody good midfielders that would improve us significantly.

Marchisio though would partner Carrick and we'd still have a nice balance about the midfield. Vidal/Carrick would be a bit too cautious for my taste in most matches.

:lol: Yeah he was

:lol: Yeah he was

That he wasn't. He was utterly destroyed by Bayern and resorted to hacking down their players at will.

I'll happily admit I've not seen much of Juventus outside of the CL last season, but I did see those matches and Vidal was as helpless as the rest of them.

As if Juventus would sell one of their star men to us. We're not getting him. Just put your cocks away and go back to work.

He's very much attainable at the right price. They have Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba.

That he wasn't. He was utterly destroyed by Bayern and resorted to hacking down their players at will.

I'll happily admit I've not seen much of Juventus outside of the CL last season, but I did see those matches and Vidal was as helpless as the rest of them.

He was by far the best Juve player on that game. It is a bit irrelevant though considering how much better Bayern was.

Vidal (together with Cavani) was Serie A best player in last season and is on top 5 - top 10 midfielders in the world. Marchision isn't even near it.

Plus Asamoah.

He plays as a left back/left winger but yeah, he can play in midfield.

Not to mention their attacking purchases so far this summer, which was their priority. The player may well fancy another challenge and some decent cash at his age.

I think Marchisio is an excellent midfielder based on what I've seen of him for Italy and Juve. I think he would easily improve us quite a bit.

That's three players for three positions, four if you count Asamoah. Not exactly reassuring depth. I don't see why they'd sell, unless they really need the money.

That's three players for three positions, four if you count Asamoah. Not exactly reassuring depth. I don't see why they'd sell, unless they really need the money.

Because they'd get top dollar for him which they can use to improve their squad further. Italian clubs do need the money. With the midfield they have got, Marchisio isnt one of the most important players anymore and if they play Pogba more, it'l only further lower his stock in the market. Best time to cash in really.

I think he'll be a hit here.

Which shirt number will he get? A bit audacious to opt for the 'ol number nine?

Absolute bollocks

Usually I wouldn't watch a match more than once but I thought that game was brilliant so I did and he was one of the best players on the pitch - despite his team being completely outclassed.

Had a look in the thread to see if that matched my thoughts at the time and it does, not that it means much - bolded the relevant bit with Vidal/Marchisio.

He was everywhere defensively against Bayern and even though he contributed so much in winning the ball back, if anyone was going to create a chance for Juventus it was going to be Vidal

I thought Bayern more than deserved a 2-0 win, it could have been much more. The game was fascinanting as Bayern just found the perfect way to combat that Juve system.

I disagree with the 3-5-2 system being inherently bad against one striker, rather it isn't suited to a play against someone like Mandzukic! The system relies on playing out of the back, with Bonucci playing that deeper sweeper role as the predominant passer from defence. Mandzukic just wouldn't let them though, where a normal striker would close down every now again he just took it to another level and they couldn't cope so resorted to hopeless balls forward. There was a period in the second half where they just couldn't get out, purely due to the pressing of Bayern and mainly Mandzukic.

When Bonucci did have space though he was shocking at times IMO, was really disappointed with some of his passing. Particularly in the first 20 minutes or so Juve were having a few decent spells as Bayern dropped back and he had time on the ball, but his long balls were appalling. Blaming the strikers is harsh because some of them were nowhere near to Matri etc.

On the flip side Bayern could play out comfortably as that narrow Juve system doesn't allow for the Lahm or Alaba to be pressured when they are in their own half. Lichtsteiner and Peluso couldn't move up to press them as that would leave Robben and Ribery completely unmarked. So you had a situation where one team could play from deep easily and the other couldn't at all.. Despite the tactics of Juve being based around playing it out from the back.

The whole Juve team was poor besides Vidal. Marchisio barely seemed to have a kick and that's probably the worst I have ever seen Pirlo play. Peluso as well just wasn't involved, not that Lichtsteiner had a great game but he was at least getting on the ball.

Pogba is ahead of marchisio at Juve? Doesn't speak well for the latter given how young the former is.

No, he isn't. Marchisio played more and usually started on big matches. Pogba will be a better player in two years though.

Pogba is ahead of marchisio at Juve? Doesn't speak well for the latter given how young the former is.

Nope. Marchisio's ahead of him at the moment but given how good Pogba was this season, his playing time is only going to go up. Considering the quality of the other CMs they have, its inevitable that he'l be eating into Marchisio's time.

Well, that's not my recollection of it for sure. I remember him clearly having a spat with Ribery after being absolutely pissed on for about three minutes, culminating in him hacking him down. Also, he was incredibly lucky not to be sent off, he went in flying too late on a number of occasions.

Or maybe that was the game in Turin? I was almost positive it was the match in Germany.

Anyway, I won't stake my pride in arguing this with you, you clearly watch Juve and Vidal a lot more than me and so are more qualififed to comment.

I will resume my Marchisio muppetry with unrelenting strength, though. Sign him!

Nope. Marchisio's ahead of him at the moment but given how good Pogba was this season, his playing time is only going to go up. Considering the quality of the other CMs they have, its inevitable that he'l be eating into Marchisio's time.
Not necessarily tbf. Pirlo is 34 years old so more likely Pogba will get minutes from him and eventually displace him from first team next season (or the season after it).

Not necessarily tbf. Pirlo is 34 years old so more likely Pogba will get minutes from him and eventually displace him from first team next season (or the season after it).

Plausible. Do think Pirlo plays too deep a role for Pogba to be the one replacing him but I'd admit to now watching them enough to be sure about how it'll shape up.

Marchisio's comments some time back were interesting though. Sounded clearly like a player who'd be up for a move.

I think most people would agree that Vidal is a better midfielder than Marchisio in a direct comparison. What Marjen did say that was valid imo was that Vidal-Carrick is arguably too cautious, now whilst Vidal statistically doesn't seem like a cautious player as he is very box to box and has a fantastic shot, having seen a fair bit of him like most of you - personally I don't think the chemistry of a Vidal/Carrick is what we're looking for.

Just watch him.

He can make a top 10 goals compilation? That's more than any of our CMs can make out of their entire United career, I'm in!

Also, at #7 that goal was terrific, so I just ridiculously high hopes for the next 6, and they bloody well delievered.

Marchisio is overrated. Fellaini is a far better fit in our setup. Younger as well.

Marchisio is a more attacking minded version of Carrick

Him and Fabregas together in one transfer window will make the most perfect summer ever, tops the one when we landed Hargreaves/Tevez/Nani/Ando

A midfield of Carrick - Marchisio - Fabregas would make us real european challengers once more.

Add RVP, Kagawa, Nani, Zaha as attackers and we will rip people to shreds.

Claudio Marchisio has admitted that he feels flattered by rumours linking him with a move to Manchester United this summer, but has stated that he intends to stay at Juventus for the foreseeable future.

A number of recent reports suggested that the Premier League champions had earmarked Marchisio as a potential alternative to Cesc Fabregas, who appears set to stay at Barcelona this summer, and the Italy international has refused to rule out a move abroad.

"For the past seven years, my name has always come up when the transfer market was discussed," the midfielder told Tuttosport.

"Obviously, I will not deny that I feel flattered when I see my name being linked with other clubs, including some of the most important and biggest in the world.

"This is proof that I'm doing a good job and that others value what I do. It makes me proud that there are teams that rate me.

"However, I have not talked to anyone and there are no concrete offers. I spoke with Juventus and they told me I'm still wanted. My desire is to stay here and win more trophies.

"Then again, you never know what will happen in football. I would not be the first player to leave his boyhood club..."

Marchisio, 27, has a contract with Juventus until June 2016.

Devastated. Looks like he is open to a move to us. Please let the rumors be false...

Don't bother. From what I can gather, Kevin's two top targets for us this summer are Fellaini and Gareth Barry. I'm still not entirely convinced he's not on some sort of elaborate WUM.

No fecking way. Does really someone likes us to sign Barry?

Devastated. Looks like he is open to a move to us. Please let the rumors be false...
I love how having not signed a central midfielder for 6 years, our standards have apparently gotten so high that someone who is crucial cog in the midfielders of both juventus (a club that whose style of football is based around the midfield) and Italy, isn't up to our standard. Sure, he's no fabregas, but still he'd be a huge improvement over what we have right now.

Don't bother. From what I can gather, Kevin's two top targets for us this summer are Fellaini and Gareth Barry. I'm still not entirely convinced he's not on some sort of elaborate WUM.

He's wumming, not even the greatest retards in the Cafs long history would ever want us linked with Garry Barry.