Claudio Marchisio

Unless he asks to move himself I can't see Juventus selling him. A top central midfielder, Italian, home grown.

Would most likely be a great signing.

Unless he asks to move himself I can't see Juventus selling him. A top central midfielder, Italian, home grown.

Would most likely be a great signing.

I wouldnt bet my salary if I were you. Juventus are friggin ruthless towards their players especially if they can make good money out of them. Just ask living legends like Vialli, Ravanelli and Roberto Baggio who were pushed out without any second thought.

The situation at Juventus is pretty simple. Their midfield is well stocked and they desperately need a quality striker. The funds are somehow limited and they can afford selling a midfielder. Pogba is mint and represent the future. Vidal is their best CM which leaves Marchisio in a delicate situation expecially considering his age (hes not old but this is the last time they can make good money out of him)

In my opinion they'll rather not sell him. However if a good sum comes to their way then they'll surely consider it.

Reading the comments some of you have never seen him play. He is not like Carrick in anyway, he is box to box midfielder he is technical but in some ways still rough. He has a great engine though. He is not the passer of the ball Carrick is and does the most damage in the opposition's half though he does get stuck in and track back. If he was to partner Carrick you would get a more polished Ramires so a better player technically and a better passing game but they are both box to box types. He started of as a dm and has moved forward Pogba plays in midfield he plays off the front man. He could easily have 5-10 more goals this season he misses a lot of chances he is Juve through and through I would be shocked to see him go.

I wouldnt bet my salary if I were you. Juventus are friggin ruthless towards their players especially if they can make good money out of them. Just ask living legends like Vialli, Ravanelli and Roberto Baggio who were pushed out without any second thought.

The situation at Juventus is pretty simple. Their midfield is well stocked and they desperately need a quality striker. The funds are somehow limited and they can afford selling a midfielder. Pogba is mint and represent the future. Vidal is their best CM which leaves Marchisio in a delicate situation expecially considering his age (hes not old but this is the last time they can make good money out of him)

In my opinion they'll rather not sell him. However if a good sum comes to their way then they'll surely consider it.

good post

People here are actually saying he's similar to fecking Lampard and Carrick, good God :lol:

Quality player, not a chance he'll be leaving Juve this summer.

They want Nani, we have Nani.

They have Marchisio, redcafe dragon muppets want Marchisio.

Makes sense to me.

Now we're talking. feck Fellaini, this man is the shits.

Always assumed he was a no-go, but I suppose he's at least as "attainable" as Fabregas...

Everytime I've read an interview with him, he always says he wants to stay. He's a local boy, born in Turin, family of Juventus supporters. Can't see him leaving unless Conte wants rid. Is it known if Conte wants rid?

Fellaini AND Marchisio in one summer would be pretty grand. We'd be hard as feck.

Right, I've found this article, and it's definitely on.
Corriere dello Sport said:
Juventus Football: Manchester United Marchisio, the offer is 30 milioniIl English club ready to launch the assault on the Juventus midfielder. The alternative is Modric
TURIN - There is again the pressure on Manchester United in Claudio Marchisio. Given the difficulties encountered to get to Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas, the Red Devils have decided to push the azure, the protagonist in black and white and in the National Prandelli. It is not a trivial gossip, but the whisper of an anonymous source close to David Moyes, technical manager of United.

JEWELLERY - The alternative to APPROFONDIRECassano FOR Marchisio: Juve top Llorente: Juve dream Zuniga goes away "Vidal remains" Llorente: "Juve dream. An extraordinary group »Rumour Bologna: Zenit Sorensen is on Luka Modric, ball Moyes. Loitered Yohan Cabaye of Newcastle. The Prince, already matched strongly to Monaco, is likely then, after a period of truce, to find himself at the center of the market, especially if you really put the Red Devils on the plate 30 million euro: stuff to make your head spin at Juventus who also reiterates publicly

I'm officially making this our numero uno muppet target, guys. Especialy if we really put the Red Devils on the plate. :drool:

We're ready to launch the assault on the Juventus midfielder, let's go boys!

I'm done being a muppet for this year. I can't take it. He's a good player, so I'll wait and see what happens.

I'm done being a muppet for this year. I can't take it. He's a good player, so I'll wait and see what happens.

No you're not.

Listen, it's not a trivial gossip, but the whisper of an anonymous source close to David Moyes, technical manager of United.

No you're not.

Listen, it's not a trivial gossip, but the whisper of an anonymous source close to David Moyes, technical manager of United.

Stop it. Stop it right now. You've got me, and I fear if I jump in, I'll become a huge muppet like I was during Thiago.

You'd prefer Barry or Parker?

It.s about the right mix up. Barry, carrick and kagawa is the correct combination. I would be excited and expect a mouthwatering season.

Good player but I think he's a bit overrated, De Rossi is better for Italy and Vidal is better for Juve IMO

How much more would Vidal even cost, can't be more than £40million surely which is just £10m more for a much better player

I know we're desperate for a midfielder but assaulting them isn't the best way to go about things.

Everytime I've read an interview with him, he always says he wants to stay. He's a local boy, born in Turin, family of Juventus supporters. Can't see him leaving unless Conte wants rid. Is it known if Conte wants rid?

It isn't known, but Juve had a ridiculous wage structure. Last season their wage was around 90% of their income. It must be lower now after some players having their contract expired (Amauri, Almiron, Iaquinta and some other players who weren't playing at all) and they got a ton of money from Champions League but could it be that they need some extra cash to balance the books. Even if they sell him they still have a lot of options on Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba, Assamoah etc.

It's bound to happen.

After all, why would an anonymous whisper close to our technical manager say this if we didn't get signals from the player or his agent that he was looking for the move?

Seems to me we'll have Claudicious wrapped up by noon someday.

I know we're desperate for a midfielder but assaulting them isn't the best way to go about things.

New tactic, from the very genius of Ed Woodward's mind.

As kidnapping and throwing coins at club representatives didn't work in the Fab saga, nor public courting, physical abuse is the next tactic. They say the sheer pain and violence will force Marchisio into signing for us in terror.

They also say. He is a legend.

Nah, why should we want an established Italy international, multiple league champion and key player of one of Europe's finest football teams, playing the exact position we're in desperate need of reinforcement in? Nah, I'd rather sign a microphone who's actually a striker. Or Gareth Barry.

This transfer actually makes so much sense it hurts. I reckon Juve officials are bracing themselves for a bid for his services as we speak, by ensuring they've eaten enough and got enough ink in the fax machine to receive it.

Good player but I think he's a bit overrated, De Rossi is better for Italy and Vidal is better for Juve IMO

How much more would Vidal even cost, can't be more than £40million surely which is just £10m more for a much better player

Juve wouldnt sell Vidal i think. Marchisio on the other hand could definitely lured away with a proper bid.

I reckon Marchisio's a better player than Vidal in all seriousness. Vidal's got more energy and got real bite in the tackle, but Marchisio's the better passer, scores more goals and is better on the ball. I'd have Marchisio if I had to choose although both would be sensational.

De Rossi is in a different class. Marchisio is a very good player, not sure if he's top class as a central midfielder but he's very technically gifted. Was poor in the confederations cup though and he isn't that highly rated by his own fans either from what I've read. Would suit playing in the English league though.

Not in the same class as a Modric/Fabregas and not £30m worth of talent for me but at £15m, he'd be a good signing. I'm with Marjen in that he'd be more what we're looking for than say a Vidal. I.e. a centre mid who can go past players, time runs into the box and score goals as well as plenty of assists.

I reckon Marchisio's a better player than Vidal in all seriousness. Vidal's got more energy and got real bite in the tackle, but Marchisio's the better passer, scores more goals and is better on the ball. I'd have Marchisio if I had to choose although both would be sensational.

In FIFA or PES?

Vidal is a much much better player than him. Marchisio is good but he's very overrated, he's also a bit shit on big matches.

While Vidal for instance were brilliant vs Bayern, eh?

I think both are bloody good midfielders that would improve us significantly.

Marchisio though would partner Carrick and we'd still have a nice balance about the midfield. Vidal/Carrick would be a bit too cautious for my taste in most matches.

No, this is way off IMO. Vidal is quite possibly the most complete central midfielder in the world at the moment, along with probably Schweinsteiger. But even in that Bayern/Juve game at the Allianz when the Italians got completely destroyed Vidal was the best midfielder on the pitch I thought.

On the goals point Vidal scored twice as many as Marchisio last season with 15, and he made 8 assists in the league compared with Marchisio's 1 assist. His passing is no worse really and as you say his defensive work is outstanding