Claudio Marchisio

Devil may care

Man Utd boss Ferguson alerted as Marchisio ponders Juventus exit | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

Claudio Marchisio is ready to leave Juventus.

The Italy midfielder is fed-up with the lack of progress over new contract talks, says Tuttosport.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is a big admirer of Marchisio, who could move to Old Trafford as a replacement for the injury-plagued Owen Hargreaves.

Marchisio has also been linked with Chelsea in the past.

Juventus have acknowledged that Marchisio's new status should earn him a pay rise, but they're reluctant to meet the midfielder's demands and the two parties are still far away from reaching an agreement.

The story seems to be generated from the fact Tuttosport are reporting problems over Marchisio signing a new deal at Juve. Tribal have just stuck United's name on seemingly, however I was interested to see what people think of the player.

I've been impressed with him over the last two seasons, I think he has played well within the complete circus that has been Juve in that period. He's got a bit of everything in his game and can play across the midfield, I think he'd fit into the Prem just fine.

He has an excellent technique and an interesting movement off the ball

This is his worst season, he had an important injury last season, he is a bit injury prone, he often has muscular problem

This problems have blocked his progresses

"Lost in a glass of water"

It's so sad that modern sports journalism has evolved to crap like this - blatantly just making something up in order to spark discussion. They have no idea if Ferguson admires Marchisio or not. It doesn't really apply on here, but it's scary the amount of people that fall for this shit.

Also a bit odd that tabloid "articles" (not really in this case, as the OP has acknowledged it's BS and just wants to create debate) continue to get posted here in favour of better analysis pieces, especially considering the time the Sun and the Mail (I think), completely made up a story, complete with "sources", to go alongside quotes about Kaka that had been made up on the caf.

Tribalfootball are always linking us to random Italians as they use Tuttosport which is the Daily Star of Italian football as one of their sources.
I think Tuttosport stories should fast be banned on here just as most fans here are already aware that caught offside and teh Daily Star are banned frm the caf.

Man United chasing top Italian international midfielder

Sir Alex Ferguson’s Manchester United are reportedly monitoring the Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio. The 25-year-old is known for his versatility, ability to shoot with both feet and his hard tackling. Reports in the Italian press say that Man United sent scouts to watch the player in the game again Roma, which Juventus won 2-0.

TalkSport Radio reports today that the midfielder could be brought in to add steel to Ferguson’s squad as Owen Hargreaves will most likely leave the squad at the end of the season and Darren Gibson has not lived up to expectations so far.

Marchisio has spent his whole playing career at the Turin club except for a season-long loan spell to Empoli. The Italian international broke into the Juventus side in the 2008-09 season and has been compared to the former Juventus and Italy midfielder Marco Tardelli for his tenaciousness and ability to read the game.

He has played in 104 matches for Juventus since making his debut for the Turin club. In 2009 he made his debut for the Azurri and has played in 11 international matches since then.

Marchisio, also know as ‘the Little Prince’ has a contract with the Serie A side that runs until 2014 and is currently valued at around £15 million.

THe way abbiati gestured animatedly at the defence in an attempt to somehow blame them for his howler was hilarious.

He's a future Juve captain. Don't think he will be sold, Conte will build Juve's midfield around him.

He's a real player. Seb Giovinco is another class talent, but he hasn't really kicked on the way Marchisio has.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is looking to step up his pursuits of a new midfielder and has set his sight ons Juventus' Claudio Marchisio, according to reports on Caughtoffside.com.

During the course of the summer transfer window Manchester United were linked with Luka Modric and Wesley Sneijder as replacements for the retired Paul Scholes, however nothing materialised.

Ferguson is still on the lookout for a top midfielder as a long term replacement for Scholes and the Scottish manager feels Marchisio could be the solution.

The 25-year-old, Italian international has been with Juventus for his entire career, and it is believed he would relish the opportunity to ply his trade in the Premier League with Manchester United.

It is believed that the Old Trafford club are going to make Juve and offer of £20million when the January transfer window opens.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is looking to step up his pursuits of a new midfielder and has set his sight ons Juventus' Claudio Marchisio, according to reports on Caughtoffside.com.

:lol:

Good, likes to join up with the offensive play around the edge of the box, playing for what looks like one of the best bets for the serie A title. We wont sign him

We won't sign him, quality player though and I was raving about him in the Serie A thread a week or two ago.

Marchisio scored another nice goal for Italy against Serbia yesterday too.

Tuttosport linking us with Claudio today.

They said that we want him but neither he or Juventus want the move, i think. Could be made up.

Surprised he's only 27 years of age.

Would be an incredible signing, but yeah I don't see why Juve/Marchisio would want to sell/leave.

We all know how much Italians love leaving Italy at their peak.

He pretty much denied wanting to leave Juventus a few days ago and said he would be crazy to leave now, so don't get too excited.

He pretty much denied wanting to leave Juventus a few days ago and said he would be crazy to leave now, so don't get too excited.

Juventus are masters in showing people the door. If they want him out, he'll be at OT in no time.

Juventus are masters in showing people the door. If they want him out, he'll be at OT in no time.

He's home grown and probably their next captain coming into his peak. Why would they force him out ?

He's been decent till last couple of seasons but now is really coming into his own and becoming very good.

Not going to happen.

Quality player though.

He's home grown and probably their next captain coming into his peak. Why would they force him out ?

He's been decent till last couple of seasons but now is really coming into his own and becoming very good.

MONEY

Juventus needs money to buy a top striker and they dont have the funds. Vidal-Pogba-Pirlo are good enough so Marchisio can be sold.

Believe me, Juventus are that ruthless. Just ask Vialli, Ravanelli, Roberto Baggio and in a certain extent Del Piero.

I wish I had your confidence but given Marchisio is a Juve product wouldn't it be easier to pry away Vidal?