City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Yea if found guilty of cheating in previous years it’s hard to then say but the title remains there’s. A guilty verdict in any given season and I think the right thinking world will deem that season a forfeit anyway. Like letting Michael Johnson keep his gold medal.

What about the consequences? Clubs got relegated and the related financial costs of that. Wont they sue the PL fr that?

Fofana was the price that Leicester were prepared to sell for. Remember Harry M. Mudryk hasn’t yet cost £88m he could be with add ons but not at this point in time

Kepa technically wasnt a transfer his buy out was paid ( by the player ) and yes I know he would have been reimbursed and Havertz still hasn’t developed into the player he could be.

The point was you didn’t pay market price for any as @SirReginald suggested

I could add the £100m on Lukaku too

How come PL acted now and let it all happen all those years.

I guess they didn't know or turned a blind eye.

Sounds like once City told them to feck off in 2018 they decided to start investigating.

Between 2012 and 2018 not providing full details of player remuneration, manager remuneration or accurate financial accounts. Then from 2018 onwards not providing anything at all.
I just wish to see what they actually paid for Haaland so that the wankers in the media stop parroting the "50m" shite.

Exactly. Hate them and in the same time respect them.

CIty was always irrelevant and their titles too. Now it might be official that they won it based on fraud.

Absolutely right. That's why the rivalry with Pool is so intense, they've earned the right to be where and what they are. I can't stand them but I sure as Hell respect them. Why I love the rivalry so much.

City...really couldn't give a toss other than the match days against them. If they win anything, so what?

Huh? Then after getting the 'max payoff', you come out with the accusations?
I meant based on these accusations, they are gonna get a good payoff now so that city can get away. Everyone is corrupt and I refuse to believe that any justice would be done.

100+ charges is insane. That’s just ridiculous.

If found guilty (I mean come on…) they need the hammer to come down on them hard. Agree with most, demotion, monitored under severe scrutiny with every dealing they do.

Dont actually care what that does to the league in the case of not seeing ‘2 derby games’ or losing a ‘big six club’. They’ve done it, not us.

Absolutely right. That's why the rivalry with Pool is so intense, they've earned the right to be where and what they are. I can't stand them but I sure as Hell respect them. Why I love the rivalry so much.

City...really couldn't give a toss other than the match days against them. If they win anything, so what?
Liverpool and United are 2 pillars of English football.

City is just a small club who got the money then, won things while laundering money.

I guess they didn't know or turned a blind eye.

Sounds like once City told them to feck off in 2018 they decided to start investigating.

I suspect that the PL knows after the UEFA feck up that if you are going to go after City; make sure you have all your ducks lined up and be prepared for an army of top-notch lawyers/KCs to come after you.

As Khaldoon said, he will have an army of 50 lawyers on it and will drag it out for years. It will cost the PL tens of millions in legal fees to go after City.

100+ charges is insane. That’s just ridiculous.

If found guilty (I mean come on…) they need the hammer to come down on them hard. Agree with most, demotion, monitored under severe scrutiny with every dealing they do.

Dont actually care what that does to the league in the case of not seeing ‘2 derby games’ or losing a ‘big six club’. They’ve done it, not us.

Their owners should be barred from football and their directors barred from being directors of UK companies indefinitely.

Just one small question: if they're found guilty of paying their players "under the table" does that mean their players are guilty of tax evasion too?

I suspect that the PL knows after the UEFA feck up that if you are going to go after City; make sure you have all your ducks lined up and be prepared for an army of top-notch lawyers/KCs to come after you.

As Khaldoon said, he will have an army of 50 lawyers on it and will drag it out for years. It will cost the PL tens of millions in legal fees to go after City.

You could phrase it that way.

Or

I just wish to see what they actually paid for Haaland so that the wankers in the media stop parroting the "50m" shite.

Exactly my view. The so called buy out figure was heavily smoke and mirrors. Even with the most creative accounting you don't get a player like that for £50m.

How come PL acted now and let it all happen all those years.
Man City have been doing everything to slow/stall tie up all the investigations. One of the charges now and from the UEAFA case is not co-operating with the investigation. Man City have said they will tie up anyone investigating them in 10 years of law courts or something like that. Thats why you get rich people get away with tax fraud and other crimes and the poor people always get fkd over. If you go after the rich people they just throw top end lawyers at you and delay proceedings for years until you either run out of money or the will to live. See how Trump has dodged bullets left and right like a fat old Neo.

By the way, City's statement was hilarious.

'We're surprised by the charge given the volume of records we sent'

So you did the cnut trick of printing everything irrelevant and sending it in boxes did you? Pricks

You could phrase it that way.

Or

Just a reminder this is a 50 year old man…

I don’t get where all the bravado on City’s side is coming from, there’s nothing dramatic going on here it’s just full scale accounting fraud.

Does anyone really want that? There’s no glory in having a few titles added to our haul retroactively. We never celebrated them then and we won’t now.

Wether those titles are removed from them, and not reallocated, is also immaterial. They are tainted in the eyes of everyone.

What is important now is that City are made an example of. A monetary penalty is not a punishment, it’s a tax and just will not do.

They need to have a significant sporting punishment. Like a huge points penalty and demotion and their accounts under audit or placed under a form of special administration to ensure they don’t go back to their old ways.
Exactly. No one wants their titles stripped and I don’t think they have the balls.
On another note, I find the padding of the contracts or paying staff under the table worse than inflating sponsorship.
Don’t know if others feel the same.

Haven't read up on what's happened but what's different this time to whenever it happened previously when they obviously were guilty of doping - like everyone knew - yet barely got a slap on the wrist for it? Has FFP implementation suddenly got some teeth?

i think this is serious enough that anyone who has ever played in a blue football kit should also be relegated.

Does anyone really want that? There’s no glory in having a few titles added to our haul retroactively. We never celebrated them then and we won’t now.

Wether those titles are removed from them, and not reallocated, is also immaterial. They are tainted in the eyes of everyone.

What is important now is that City are made an example of. A monetary penalty is not a punishment, it’s a tax and just will not do.

They need to have a significant sporting punishment. Like a huge points penalty and demotion and their accounts under audit or placed under a form of special administration to ensure they don’t go back to their old ways.

Would be funny to undo the 'Agueeeerrrrooo' moment though.

Our match with Arsenal was also very feisty. Something I have never seen with a City or Chelsea game.

Haven't read up on what's happened but what's different this time to whenever it happened previously when they obviously were guilty of doping - like everyone knew - yet barely got a slap on the wrist for it? Has FFP implementation suddenly got some teeth?

From what I gather it basically boils down to not declaring all payments to staff, over stating sponsorship etc. And for the last 4/5 years they've not cooperated with the investigation.

All the stuff people claimed was going on but there was no proof. It seems that they've found some proof. Unlike UEFA it's not time barred, which is why they're able to go back to 2008.

I'm also not doubting for a second we overpaid for defenders, what I'm saying is it didn't set a precedent for others to do the same. Thats where this falls apart, there is no data to say it did, not compared to revenue/tv money increasing player prices. I'm also not denying we spent some seriously stupid money (some of which on dross). I'm denying that someone can look at Uniteds spending and say "Thats Cities fault" given the changes in club revenue and money in the game now.

I feel like theres genuinely people on here who think if City, PSG and Chelsea weren't around, players like KDB, Bruno, Neymar would be selling for £40m. Its insanity given the money in football now.

Have City spend crazy stupid money? Absolutely, is that why other clubs have spent crazy stupid money? No. All the data points elsewhere.

Well, it appears the revenue aspect is one of the problems. TV has exploded, but your revenue streams also went crazy and that hasn't been seen to such a scale with other clubs. The Eithad deal in particular looked dodgy and then got exposed in the leaks as being Mansoor paying himself. This is where the issue lies with your revenues. How much of it is real and how much of it is just essentially the owner pumping it in and pretending it is commercial revenue?

If significant, then you'll be in trouble as that was against the rules you and the other clubs signed up for.

Then there is the off the book payments. How significant are/were these? If Mancini for instance was being 2x + his declared wage and this was applied to players, then all your financial accounts are essentially fiction. The issue here is obviously proving they were for the job in question and not something seperate. If proven to be for being a Man City manager/player then your going to have HMRC to deal with as well.

Personally, I always wait and see with charges as I believe people/companies should be able to defend themselves before they are declared guilty. However, to just focus on spending in relation to the other teams you were competing with, doesn't really deal with the issues that you're being charged with.

By the way, City's statement was hilarious.

'We're surprised by the charge given the volume of records we sent'

So you did the cnut trick of printing everything irrelevant and sending it in boxes did you? Pricks

They got off on a technicality with the uefa's case.

Plus they are being accused of being not forthright with providing the relevant information to the PL. Yet they claimed that they have been open and cooperative with the accusers.

The press release was prepared ahead of time. Surprised, no.

I've had more time to think about this, and the answer is simple - they have to hammer them, because if they don't it then gives a free pass to the Saudis owning Newcastle to do the same thing, and whoever comes in and buys the next club, then the next one. Nip it in the bud now and show that the sport cannot be bought as easily as this.
  • Strip them of their titles - all of them, leagues and cup wins. Titles do not get awarded to 2nd place teams, they show 'no winner' instead. There is no joy to be had of being awarded a title by default, it cannot be celebrated and keeping 'no winner' on record will remind us of what happened. Also, it prevents Gerrard getting a winners medal :lol:
  • Demote them to League 2, at least. They've cheated to a massive scale and need to be punished for that accordingly. Demotion must happen.
  • A serious point deduction for next season, say -30 - enough to make sure they don't go up first time of asking. If the demotion is only a single league, then increase the points deduction. They can't be in a position where they go down for a season and come straight back up to the PL.
  • Transfer ban for a significant amount of time, 2-5 years.
  • Ban from European competition for 5-10 years (depending on demotion).
The above doesn't take into account potential financial claims from clubs who have been relegated from the PL due to losses or goals conceded in games against them. Nor does it include teams that have been eliminated from domestic cup competitions, for whom potential extra revenue would have been important. Also, there will be European teams who have been eliminated from the CL, either entirely or been demoted to the EL, for whom that loss of additional prize money and TV rights will have made a serious impact to.

They of course have to be proven guilty of the most serious of crimes alleged against them for any of the above to happen, which is the difficult part, as I am positive that they will fight this for years, whilst continuing to be more 'creative' with their accounting in the meantime.

Yeah don't think there is any way EFL should be expected to just allow City into League 1 or something. They'll need to give them a points deduction either in this one or the next season, the only sporting penalty I expect along with a transfer ban possibly.