City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Agree with all of this (and really hoping City’s actions/gamble backfires on them with other PL clubs).

For clarity, I was aiming post at Samuels (and City fans broadly… not the lad in the vid who did seem calm).

Oh yeah of course.

I LOVE the disdain that Gregor has for Samuel on the Times podcast on Thursdays.

The sighs. The unseen eye rolls. He responded to him like he’s a relic. Which he is.

Man united were the main reason the premier league grew into a world wide success, whilst city are attempting to do the opposite.

The irony of UAE trying to sports wash their global image of corruption resulting in their image of corruption being reinforced is hilarious.
If they eventually win, it will be back to business as usual, no one will mention how they got there. The likes of Robbie Savage and Gary Neville will be beating themselves off to City's performance winning their 10th European Etihad League title in 2037.

This is really starting to become very serious indeed. It's no longer just a question of what City did or didn't - they are in effect launching a full-scale assault on the FA, and on the very notion that that someone can legitimately regulate them. "Tyranny of the majority". They are not merely a bunch of cheats, they're a threat to football, who doesn't even deign to pretend otherwise. Arrogant twats. They must be defeated.

This is really starting to become very serious indeed. It's no longer just a question of what City did or didn't - they are in effect launching a full-scale assault on the FA, and on the very notion that that someone can legitimately regulate them. "Tyranny of the majority". They are not merely a bunch of cheats, they're a threat to football, who doesn't even deign to pretend otherwise. Arrogant twats. They must be defeated.
What have they done to the FA now? Everything to date has been towards the EPL?

Man united were the main reason the premier league grew into a world wide success, whilst city are attempting to do the opposite.
It’s probably worth pointing out that during United’s reign, David Gill as CEO voted and argued for equal television rights throughout the Premier League because United recognised that we were part of a product and our success was dependent on the success of that product and genuine competition is integral to the success of any sporting product.

What City are doing is essentially the antithesis of this.

It’s probably worth pointing out that during United’s reign, David Gill as CEO voted and argued for equal television rights throughout the Premier League because United recognised that we were part of a product and our success was dependent on the success of that product and genuine competition is integral to the success of any sporting product.

It goes beyond even that. They don't just want the rules to favor them, they want to be above them.

Well noted. It's not too far of a stretch to say that if City aren't held to account and properly punished (expulsion, titles voided, etc.) they will likely continue to cheat their way to the majority of EPL titles over the coming decade. We could realistically be in a similar position to Ligue 1, where nobody wants the TV rights to the product anymore.

Irony: They call other clubs the cartel, but they are the biggest cartel in World Football.

They claim other clubs are cheating/tyrannical but yet they are looking like the biggest cheats and tyrants in the EPL. Allegedly of course.

Generally less reason to cheat with the situation they’re in now, compared to how they started out.

Also, their multi group solution can, in theory, enable them to sign players from themselves and move players around when needed. It’s not something they’ve really started using.

Irony.

They call other clubs the cartel, but they are the biggest cartel in World Football.
Anybody who believes in that is a fool. This is the wealth of an actual country the PL is up against, wearing the "little city" mask, yet we're supposed to believe they're being picked on by the big boys.

UAE can literally buy the PL and all the clubs several times over and it'd probably amount to a pimple on their arse.

Generally less reason to cheat with the situation they’re in now, compared to how they started out.

Also, their multi group solution can, in theory, enable them to sign players from themselves and move players around when needed. It’s not something they’ve really started using.
Well it's exactly what they did with Savinho, and you can imagine it's going to get more and more common for them.

Taking a thread off topic
Talking with some City fans who blindly defend the club is similar to talking to Trump supporters.
city fans are the kamala harris type. Full of shit, blowing hot air, happy to waffle absolute crap, safe in the knowledge they are totally correct. When asked any sort of question requiring a thoughtful repsonse, they simply blow out any thing which come to their mind. I'm undecided as to who is the dumbest..city fans or kamala harris. Its a close call.

city fans are the kamala harris type. Full of shit, blowing hot air, happy to waffle absolute crap, safe in the knowledge they are totally correct. When asked any sort of question requiring a thoughtful repsonse, they simply blow out any thing which come to their mind. I'm undecided as to who is the dumbest..city fans or kamala harris. Its a close call.

Very Trumpian

Odd post.

I don't care about the US presidential race. But it seems I struck a nerve. :lol:

Damn, a nerve has been struck in this Trumper.

Oh dear

I see one possible answer.

So few people are involved that identifying a leaker by triangulation would be highly probable. There probably is press briefing on both sides but under the agreement nothing is published until the right time.
The press will also be frightened to death. The media in general are shit scared of city owners and being sued, it's clearly obvious.

That sounded very 80's cartoon villain, so just try to think who that would make City then

I am staggered that absolutely nothing has leaked.
Probably because they're still having ice breakers and setting the scene and haven't properly got going yet.

This whole case is going to make a few fat cat lawyers able to retire.

The press will also be frightened to death. The media in general are shit scared of city owners and being sued, it's clearly obvious.
Although we'll all be delighted when they finally get some sort of punishment, bearing in mind this is all about 15 years ago stuff, you just know it'll be sickening with the press all suddenly giving it the "oh yeah we always knew" angle. Despite being all over them for years without the single mention of all this.

So few people are involved that identifying a leaker by triangulation would be highly probable. There probably is press briefing on both sides but under the agreement nothing is published until the right time.
What an unusual use of the word triangulation :lol:

I think this quote from Lyon owner sums up well the massive competitive imbalance we also currently see in the premier league thanks to these cheating lot -

"We have to compete with Qatar in France,” Textor said. “I’m in competition with a country, not an owner. A model of unbridled spending, without restrictions I have to contend with that as an owner of one of the great clubs in France. Now that great club can’t compete for anything other than second place.”

And ironically the psg owners threatened legal action against the lyon owner for speaking the truth.

I think this quote from Lyon owner sums up well the massive competitive imbalance we also currently see in the premier league thanks to these cheating lot -

"We have to compete with Qatar in France,” Textor said. “I’m in competition with a country, not an owner. A model of unbridled spending, without restrictions I have to contend with that as an owner of one of the great clubs in France. Now that great club can’t compete for anything other than second place.”

And ironically the psg owners threatened legal action against the lyon owner for speaking the truth.

Yeah unbalanced competition to say the least

There is nothing that villainous people love more than threatening and taking legal action to silence critics

El Khelaifi, who's Qatari, is also one of the most important figure in the league. Qatar have literally bought the Ligue 1

Pffft. What ground do they think they have in order to sue? cnuts.