City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Err how can the Premier League have a rule like that? It’s exactly the purpose of the CAS. To remove the option of CAS is surely against a club’s basic rights?
The CAS is a dispute forum, the parties have to agree to be subject to its jurisdiction. I assume the EPL has its own dispute resolution and appeals process which does not involve CAS.

If it goes from 2009-2022.

2009/10 - Chelsea
2010/11 - Manchester Utd
2011/12 - Manchester City Manchester Utd
2012/13 - Manchester Utd
2013/14 - Manchester City Liverpool
2014/15 - Chelsea
2015/16 - Leicester
2016/17 - Chelsea
2017/18 - Manchester City Manchester Utd
2018/19 - Manchester City Liverpool
2019/20 - Liverpool
2020/21 - Manchester City Manchester Utd
2021/22 - Manchester City Liverpool

Amazingly it would only affect Utd and Liverpool and give both 3 titles each.

New standing would be

Manchester United - 23 times
Liverpool - 22 times

Holy hell. That means Ole would have won the league for us!

Would he be the first player and manager who won the league for the club?

Do you think we all know the answer and just aren't posting it or something?
Ha no, poorly worded. I just didn't know if the full articles had mentioned stripping of titles was part of the punishments under consideration.

If they strip the titles does that mean Maguire and Pogba are PL winners?

If they strip the titles does that mean Maguire and Pogba are PL winners?
Only if they awarded the titles to United instead, it would actually make Pogba a 2 x winner.

So United and Liverpool will be handed another 3 premier league titles each while City are sent packing to league one. I love it!!!:)

I feel like you haven't actually read anything that's happened.

I'm just here to do some cynical shite posting, I haven't read it and I won't, don't really care as long as there isn't news of City getting some actual punishment. Because tbh this is like the 5th time I read that this time City is surely getting punished for some breach and never anything happens.

I think when you consider Pep's erratic behaviour and the players looking like they can't be arsed, I'd say they've known for a few weeks and are now genuinely worried about being docked or playing in league 1. Which is understandable, no one signed up for that.

Can't disagree there mate at all. I think Pep will stick out his contract even if we do get relegated (he's just that weird) and said so last time with Uefa. The entire squad though will be out the door the minute the verdict comes in (which if we're guilty they are damn right to do.)

There is no way City escape a points deduction with what happened barely weeks ago to Juventus. Would make a mockery of the FA and the PL. Titles will stay but i think they will get double digits points penalty.

Yeah I think the middle ground is a points deduction and transfer ban.

Any type of monetary fine wouldn't be a big enough deterrent, but removing titles/medals would feel hollow for the winners/losers and maybe a step too far.

Had a quick search on Transfermarkt because I wanted to have a look at City's spending in their ownership's first three years compared to us.
City
2008/09Net minus of 130.000.000 euros
2009/10Net minus of 118.000.000 euros
2010/11Net minus of 143.460.000 euros
Combined 2008-2011= Net minus of 391.000.000 euros

United
2008/09Net minus of 37.800.000 euros
2009/10Net plus of 77.170.00 euros
2010/11Net minus of 12.330.000 euros
Combined 2008-2011= Net plus of 27.000.000 euros

Within two seasons City spent more money on players than the owners had bought the club for in 2008. Incredible how that just happened with not a single authority stepping in.

From 2008-11 they were outspending probably the richest and most succesful English club by +400.000.000 euros.

There was no FFP till 2011... the owners were entitled to spend what they liked.

Can't disagree there mate at all. I think Pep will stick out his contract even if we do get relegated (he's just that weird) and said so last time with Uefa. The entire squad though will be out the door the minute the verdict comes in (which if we're guilty they are damn right to do.)
Don't know how this is handled in England, but in Germany a lot of player's contracts wouldn't even be valid in the second division

I haven’t read all pages. So if the breaches are “just” until 2018, why would the titles in the following seasons be affected?

Just give us the one in 2012/13 and the Scoucers one as well (but not in 2013/14):)

Can we nick 2nd place then?
Balls to that, with the inevitable arse bottle job................ its on!
I'm all for housing football refugees like Haaland and Foden in their time of need.
Footballs most punchable face and the bloke who looks like Pob after his tv career went off the rails and has to make ends meet giving blowies at the bus station for a bit of fried chicken? Nah your ok cheers.

League 1 then, honestly if guilty thats where we belong and the owners should be forced to sell up and feck off.

Genuinely I don't think that will happen though, I think 100 charges is throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks (legit shit maybe? I dunno). Its very likely lots will be dropped and City will argue against some and a few will stick. I could potentially see a 30 point deduction or something where we won't get relegated but enough of a deduction to keep us out of the CL, that likely transfer bans and the PL getting its pound of flesh (big ass fine).

The issue is pep will walk as will top players.

Huge knock on.

Mate, you’re guilty. But that’s almost beside the point for me. Do you really think there will be significant punishment ?

If they are punished it will mean they won their titles illegally so surely they will be stripped?

Absolutely zero chance sorry.

He said he’ll walk if he’s been lied to about the club.

Don't know how this is handled in England, but in Germany a lot of player's contracts wouldn't even be valid in the second division

I imagine if the players wanted they could have their contracts torn up on the basis its unfair on them, it'd be in Cities interests to, to not go bust.

I imagine if the players wanted they could have their contracts torn up on the basis its unfair on them, it'd be in Cities interests to, to not go bust.
As much as I'd love City to get relegated and their titles stripped, I can't help but feel sorry for folks like you. Must absolutely suck at the moment, you didn't ask for this

Mate, you’re guilty. But that’s almost beside the point for me. Do you really think there will be significant punishment ?

There should absolutely be significant punishment.

According to a city ITK who the whole of bluemoon seems to trust from transfers to pep’s bowel movements:
I have just spoken to a friend inside CFG.

They aren't worried, and neither should we be.

There are no surprises. Khaldoon will burn down the entire Premier League house if it comes to it.

You must know you've cheated. You're not daft.

City fans can deny it online or with other clubs fans but between just City fans you must all know how dodgy it is. Claiming you have higher revenue than Real Madrid and Utd and Liverpool and Barcelona etc. It's absurd.

City fans can deny it online or with other clubs fans but between just City fans you must all know how dodgy it is. Claiming you have higher revenue than Real Madrid and Utd and Liverpool and Barcelona etc. It's absurd.

Its absolutely laughable isn’t it

As much as I'd love City to get relegated and their titles stripped, I can't help but feel sorry for folks like you. Must absolutely suck at the moment, you didn't ask for this

Honestly for me personally and I know I can be a wum on here sometimes, but with football, I'm kinda like "it is what it is". Do the crime, do the time. I've supported us in League 1 before and will do so again if it comes to it. I don't get overly happy nor overly upset about football. Far too many important things in life to worry about. Put it this way, pissing off my wife by not doing the decisions would be a worse time for me than City going bust.

Agreed. And as another poster said, it must suck to be you right now. So fair play to you here.

But we all know what should happen. My question was do you really think there will be significant punishment ?

I’m not so sure.

A lot of posters stating that they will be sent packing down the leagues & have their titles stripped during that period but is that a certainty? Would be music to my ears if so but not going to get my hopes up too high with that sanction being imposed.

If they are punished it will mean they won their titles illegally so surely they will be stripped?

I’d hope so but then again I remember a similar punishment being dished out to Rangers which resulted in them going into administration and being sent to the bottom of the Scottish football tier. However they never got the titles that they won during that time stripped from them.

If it goes from 2009-2022.

2009/10 - Chelsea
2010/11 - Manchester Utd
2011/12 - Manchester City Manchester Utd
2012/13 - Manchester Utd
2013/14 - Manchester City Liverpool
2014/15 - Chelsea
2015/16 - Leicester
2016/17 - Chelsea
2017/18 - Manchester City Manchester Utd
2018/19 - Manchester City Liverpool
2019/20 - Liverpool
2020/21 - Manchester City Manchester Utd
2021/22 - Manchester City Liverpool

Amazingly it would only affect Utd and Liverpool and give both 3 titles each.

New standing would be

Manchester United - 23 times
Liverpool - 22 times
City's dealings for 2013/14, 2018/2019, and 2021/22 were completely above board if you look at the charges carefully.

The arrogance in City's statement tells you they have no fear of the Premier League.

Money talks and they have infinite amounts.

I mean I've said multiple times since the day we cut that backroom deal with Uefa in 2014, something dodgy was going on. If City wanted to fight and end this, they'd have done it then and brought down the entirety of FFP, but they made a deal.