City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

I think it depends on who's on their side. If the clubs that are backing City are the top 6 then the premier league is in trouble.
Surely none of the big three in us, Liverpool and arsenal will agree with them, not after all that has happened.

Even chelsea should have no incentive to back them after their ownership change.

This very much feels like a last chance for English fans to save the game. Now is the time to create pressure on the league and its clubs.

The game is finished if they win this. Might as well make them the governing body of football.

The new anchoring proposal to limit clubs to spending 4.5 times the domestic broadcast revenue of the lowest earning club is interesting to see in this light. That might have been a preemptive step taken in case City win this dispute over associated party transactions.

A corrupt, soulless club that has the world's worst fans and most pathetic "celebrations". City is ruining the Premier League.

Surely there are enough votes to push it through?

Aside from Newcastle how has any club benefited from what city has done.
Chelsea. Add some deluded officials who believe they could be the next chosen club and others who are happy to take bribes and 14 starts to look like a lot.

They're pushing their big red button. Can't say I'm surprised, they always had something up their sleeve. Fully expect them to bury the FA in legal charges and turn this around before having their 115 charges brushed under the blood stained carpet. Horrible club.

Surely none of the big three in us, Liverpool and arsenal will agree with them, not after all that has happened.

Even chelsea should have no incentive to back them after their ownership change.
I disagree there. I'm pretty sure Chelsea are in the City camp here.

They're pushing their big red button. Can't say I'm surprised, they always had something up their sleeve. Fully expect them to bury the FA in legal charges and turn this around before having their 115 charges brushed under the blood stained carpet. Horrible club.
From Bluemoon

the only thing he really touches on is the fact that since february, the PL's legal team have had to shift their focus from the 115 charges case to this one.

'clearly a tactic' the source said.

Maybe just a tactic?

Aren't some of the charges related to over inflated sponsorships? I haven't read all 115 but always assumed some of them are?
Most of the serious ones are. Some are also paying employees (Mancini) under the table, not declaring full salaries etc.

The new anchoring proposal to limit clubs to spending 4.5 times the domestic broadcast revenue of the lowest earning club is interesting to see in this light. That might have been a preemptive step taken in case City win this dispute over associated party transactions.
Smart observation

Whether it's an authoritatian state or not doesn't make much difference if they have 19PL clubs and the FA against them surely they lose?
No; what I meant is, the lawyers get ordered to be combative. It’s not necessarily strategic in a western democracy sense

Surely there are enough votes to push it through?

Aside from Newcastle how has any club benefited from what city has done.

Large brown envelopes can do wonder and their team of world best lawyers. Remember they defeated UEFA with the same strategy. I believe they have more tricks up the sleeves to come.