City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

It’s not a team or a football club you are competing against. It’s a lavishly rich nation state, pretending for political reasons to be a football team and wearing their colours. The Gross National Product of Uk is about 3.8 billion dollars. The GNP of “Manchester City” 115 is 830 Billion Dollars, that’s 218 times that of Britain.
I think you should check your numbers.

If City do get off lightly, there’s absolutely no reason why every other team shouldn’t make up sponsors so they can spend whatever they want.
Not that anyone can compete with an entire states spending.

The other 19 teams should simply refuse to play in a league with them and form a breakaway .
That'd be a powerful gesture. What would the authorities do? Ban them all?

It’s not a team or a football club you are competing against. It’s a lavishly rich nation state, pretending for political reasons to be a football team and wearing their colours. The Gross National Product of Uk is about 3.8 billion dollars. The GNP of “Manchester City” 115 is 830 Billion Dollars, that’s 218 times that of Britain.
Jesus Christ do you live in reality? Are you a bot?

It’s important to always say this. Let’s not support the illusion that they are a ‘club’. All the supporters activity, Bluemoon, all the improvements around the area, all are window dressing. It’s like America bought Stoke, and put the resources of the state behind them, but continued to project the myth that they were a bog standard English football team.
I understand the point you're trying to make, but your figures are well off.

"City fans remain unrivalled in their capacity to nurture conspiracy theories and illusory slights, desperate to be hated."

Thought this was a nice line from Jonathan Liew.

They are desperate for rival fans to care/respect about what they have done, and are left to making things up to pretend it is happening.

"City fans remain unrivalled in their capacity to nurture conspiracy theories and illusory slights, desperate to be hated."

Thought this was a nice line from Jonathan Liew.

They are desperate for rival fans to care/respect about what they have done, and are left to making things up to pretend it is happening.

The Gross National Product of Uk is about 3.8 billion dollars. The GNP of “Manchester City” 115 is 830 Billion Dollars, that’s 218 times that of Britain. - This guy must be a City fan then.

The Gross National Product of Uk is about 3.8 billion dollars. The GNP of “Manchester City” 115 is 830 Billion Dollars, that’s 218 times that of Britain. - This guy must be a City fan then.

I'm thinking that you know already that this wasn't a quote from the article..

But I take your point the above was a wild post, where just the truth about what City have done finacially is more than enough to make the point.

I'm thinking that you know already that this wasn't a quote from the article..

But I take your point the above was a wild post, where just the truth about what City have done finacially is more than enough to make the point.

I'm joking dude.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ester-city-arsenal-pep-guardiola-mikel-arteta

Either way, at some point – be it on Tuesday or the following Sunday – the strong likelihood is that City will be toasting another title, a sixth title in seven seasons, the sort of dynastic dominance English football fans have always liked to deride in other countries. Perhaps this is the true farmers’ league now: a league that was bought up and cultivated, and is now being harvested at leisure.

The outcome of the Premier League’s 115 charges against City remains some distant paradoxical point on the horizon: never actually getting closer, however much time passes. And in any case, the ultimate innocence or guilt of City is only really of tangential relevance here. The broader picture is that dominance on this scale, whether earned legally or illegally, whether earned through the patronage of a state or a mastery of regulatory fine print, comes with a cost to the spectacle as a whole.

Perhaps then the bewilderment about the title race is the sort that becomes inevitable when a league begins to revolve so thoroughly around one club. This is City’s universe now, and even when you push at the walls it is never entirely clear how much of it is real and how much projection.

How many more years of dominance before other fans and clubs start to hate them like they hate United? Or are they so irrelevant and fake that it will never happen?

No one knows. If it does happen it definitely won't be this season, far too late for that.
Then it would all be meaningless as i can see pep leaving this summer and they use the next season as a nice transitional period.

At this rate they'll overtake our PL wins record before Liverpool :lol:

The Lance Armstrong of football, without the mitigating sympathy of illness - other than what seems to be mental illness among the fans who still drudge on, arguing any way possible that their rotten club hasn't ruined football and will be forever associated with cheating. They'll hoover up a new generation of YouTube fan types who are too young to remember the sport when it was any other way, and will celebrate their empty success every year with that hollow, pretend joy that has become the norm.

How many more years of dominance before other fans and clubs start to hate them like they hate United? Or are they so irrelevant and fake that it will never happen?
I hate them more than united and I suffered the saf years. Not about the dominance per se, but because everyone outside football fans completely ignore the cheating and the fact a country with infinite money owns a club, this is what really gets to me, commentators going on about how pep is a genius and what a big club city are. feck off.

Are you talking about all top flight titles or just Premier Leagues ?

Because Liverpool have 1 PL, City have 7, probably 8 in a week, we're on 13... By 2030 they'll have more Premier Leagues than us...

"How are they primed to peak at just the right time each season?"

"That'll be the illegally assembled squad that nobody else can afford via legal means, my dear."

You laugh but it's absolutely odds on if they don't get a proper reducer of a punishment.

I think it's an absolute given they get to 21 before we do.

Bit of a strange story this, Philadelphia Union have signed a 14 year player to the largest homegrown player home grown contract in MLS history with a clause in it that says he will automattically transfer to City when he turns 18

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/40107349/philadelphia-union-cavan-sullivan-man-city
I fail to understand how the City Group is allowed to exist as a single entity.

From a legal standpoint, I mean, I know it's allowed to exist and be ignored because of some dodgy backhanders.

Football really is a horrible grim fecked up sport now isn't it.
It's pointless trying to compete with a club that have been playing with an infinite money cheat for a decade.

When you're going against a club that have two first team lineups, who overnight went from also-rans into hiring managers like Mancini (where we know for certain he was paid under the table, otherwise he wouldn't have given them a second thought) and then luring Pep and his Barca backroom team, throwing all the money under the sun at him, fake sponsors, with a dozen custom built feeder clubs at their disposal so they can further circumvent FFP... Really, what is the fecking point?

I don't even want United to win everything - we had our time at the top. If it happens again then great, but I won't lose sleep over it. That's life. But the drama of the Premier League - arguably the thing that has made it so popular across the world - is gone. Arsenal would win in any normal season (especially without the questionable ref decisions that seem to do City favours as well). Nothing will change next season either; it's just a parade* towards City winning another title.

*A parade that's bigger than their end of season ones where nearly feck all people turn up because the one thing they can't buy are fans.

Last edited:

Must be the City bookkeeper.... could explain part of the irregularities over there.

It's pointless trying to compete with a club that have been playing with an infinite money cheat for a decade.

When you're going against a club that have two first team lineups, who overnight went from also-rans into hiring managers like Mancini (where we know for certain he was paid under the table, otherwise he wouldn't have given them a second thought) and then luring Pep and his Barca backroom team, throwing all the money under the sun at him... Really, what is the fecking point?

I don't even want United to win everything - we had our time at the top. If it happens again then great, but I won't lose sleep over it. That's life. But the drama of the Premier League - arguably the thing that has made it so popular across the world - is gone. Nothing will change next season either; it's just a parade* towards City winning another season.

*A parade that's bigger than their end of season ones where nearly feck all people turn up because the one thing they can't buy are fans.
It's basically like F1 racing. Lots of glitz and glamour with no real excitement.

When you're going against a club that have two first team lineups, who overnight went from also-rans into hiring managers like Mancini (where we know for certain he was paid under the table, otherwise he wouldn't have given them a second thought) and then luring Pep and his Barca backroom team, throwing all the money under the sun at him, fake sponsors, with a dozen custom built feeder clubs at their disposal so they can further circumvent FFP... Really, what is the fecking point?

I don't even want United to win everything - we had our time at the top. If it happens again then great, but I won't lose sleep over it. That's life. But the drama of the Premier League - arguably the thing that has made it so popular across the world - is gone. Arsenal would win in any normal season (especially without the questionable ref decisions that seem to do City favours as well). Nothing will change next season either; it's just a parade* towards City winning another title.

Or respect from rival fans and clubs, which must really grind their gears.

I remember reading that the PL would end up ruining itself one day, I never thought it would be like this, but seems like it could be.

The final nail could well be the PL been lily livered over the punsihing City, as rival fans have invested alot into this, and if they come out the other side unscathed then it's going to be bleak to say the least.

If City do get off lightly, there’s absolutely no reason why every other team shouldn’t make up sponsors so they can spend whatever they want.
Not that anyone can compete with an entire states spending.
We could get a rich backer then get slapped with a 3 window transfer ban a decade down the line you’d think yeah sure. That’s fine.

If they get sent down to the fourth or fifth tier which should happen then yeah sure that’s the price of ill gotten gains surely. Give them 5 years to get their house in order and return.

Their fans are in complete and utter denial I have never seen a more rapid unapologetic fanbase when it comes to defending their club. Apparently they aren’t owned by a state and it’s just a company so that’s absolutely fine..

Anyways if they get let off we should start the super league with Real Madrid very simple. I’m not wanting to play in a league that’s already corrupt when we can just bar City from a Super League regardless.

If they want their own system / rules we make our own with other clubs I say. United do not need the premier league that’s a fact. They need us.

Amazon deals all that good stuff Id just put in motion right away if they get a slap on the wrist.

Last edited:
Must be the City bookkeeper.... could explain part of the irregularities over there.

I don't think the City bookkeeper would be poor enough to think that Britains' GNP is only 3 billion personally, else he'd have been cooking the books so far backwards he'd have passed FFP.

PL used to be the most competitive and exciting league in the world which enable it to generate incomes far above other leagues.

PL is sabotaging itself if they let City's have their way. PL will be like Bundesliga - BM, Ligue 1 - PSG, PL - City. These 3 teams are too far ahead of the rest and it kills the competitiveness and excitement.

PL used to be the most competitive and exciting league in the world which enable it to generate incomes far above other leagues.

PL is sabotaging itself if they let City's have their way. PL will be like Bundesliga - BM, Ligue 1 - PSG, PL - City. These 3 teams are too far ahead of the rest and it kills the competitiveness and excitement.

As much as I dislike everything about post-2008 City and yearn for a charge/rule-based backlash, let's be honest....so much of their current level is because of Pep. If/when he leaves and they're forced to play the managerial merry-go-round market like everyone else, this does become a somewhat different-looking issue. City could easily be present-day Chelsea.

Maybe the Premier League, ever bollocks-less, are hoping this will just be a temporary problem and when Pep's dominance ends there'll be less heat on them to resolve....

As much as I dislike everything about post-2008 City and yearn for a charge/rule-based backlash, let's be honest....so much of their current level is because of Pep. If/when he leaves and they're forced to play the managerial merry-go-round market like everyone else, this does become a somewhat different-looking issue. City could easily be present-day Chelsea.

Maybe the Premier League, ever bollocks-less, are hoping this will just be a temporary problem and when Pep's dominance ends there'll be less heat on them to resolve....

Vastly underestimating the advantages they have over the rest of the league.

The fact that a half cooked City won titles under coaches like Mancini and Pellegrini says enough.

Now, full blown super-City reporting the biggest profits in football in legitimate financial documents?

They don’t need Guardiola or anyone else. Not anymore.

Vastly underestimating the advantages they have over the rest of the league.

The fact that a half cooked City won titles under coaches like Mancini and Pellegrini says enough.

Now, full blown super-City reporting the biggest profits in football in legitimate financial documents?

They don’t need Guardiola or anyone else. Not anymore.

Yeah. A lot of short memories and delusion on here.

United won the whole thing all but two years between 92 and 2000 didn’t they?

After that, Chelsea joining the party is the only thing that kept it from being a 3 team league.

City is on a decent run, but they gave t even locked down the title this year …. Yet, and the competition for spots, all the way into the middle of the table, is extremely strong.

United isn’t winning like they used to, but the league is a lot more competitive than it was “back then” as a whole.

The PL should never put themselves in a position of losing out on talent and market share to other leagues just to compensate for bad owners at historic clubs.

If they want to set spending limits? Fine, but those limits should be high. There should be more concern with the best teams in England competing with the best teams in Europe than there is over the spend budget of the Luton Town’s of the world; that’s ridiculous.

And the spending limits should be fair. The idea that one team should be able to spend more money than another because their money came from Jersey sales is stupid. It was an obvious attempt to cement the position of certain teams.

City should get busted, but because they committed fraud, not because the FFP rules are in any way a remotely fair or good idea.

Didn’t the City of Madrid once sell Real land for 30m then buy it back from them for like 500m?

On a larger scale FFP is an artificial way to keep historic leagues from getting passed over as well.

It’s all a joke, and United would be benefitting from this incredibly, but you have the worst owners in Pro Sports. But that isn’t every other team in Englands fault. That problem is hopefully being remedied with Ineos.