City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

4 in a row and 2 trebles. They would eclipse two records that United hold. Maybe at that point something might actually be done. Media would rather laugh at United rather than discuss the real story of football.

The FA does not have the courage to put the sword to these fukking scandalous cheats. Better to prove their recruited by by making an example of hapless clubs like Everton than tarnish the brand of the PL by defrocking its “champion”.

People can keep saying City doesn’t matter but as their achievements and records grow so will media coverage, public opinion and hence stature in the game. I used to feel this way but the CL win has given them a different sort of reach and appeal as will 4 PL in a row.

They’ll find whatever it takes, they’ll be no giving a manager time, or waiting till it’s cheaper to sack. And make no mistake, if Alonso or anyone else looks like the new top manager, they’ll pay whatever it takes.

They’ll be dominant as feck, because well, they are a state. It’s like fighting the US military with a spud gun.

Well they are feck all interested in sports. They only want money, and the easier way to get into western markets was through sports.

Hopefully they change the focus soon and leave football alone. Or maybe they end up buying the whole thing and leave clubs alone.

The FA does not have the courage to put the sword to these fukking scandalous cheats. Better to prove their recruited by by making an example of hapless clubs like Everton than tarnish the brand of the PL by defrocking its “champion”.
FA are cowards. There's a higher chance that Real Madrid does something about it rather than anything in England.

You kid yourself thinking their achievements don’t matter. See you in a decade.

Stupid Arsenal. At least it won't probably be Liverpool. Hope Madrid will do us a favor.

I've met 1 Man City fan in my life. That's not hyperbole or a lie. I know a feckload of Arsenal and Liverpool fans. That's why I don't care if they win stuff.
Yeah but neutrals and casuals love them and they represent the 99,9% of football viewers.
Just check their instagram account, over 50 million followers.

I've met 1 Man City fan in my life. That's not hyperbole or a lie. I know a feckload of Arsenal and Liverpool fans. That's why I don't care if they win stuff.
I was making this point in another thread. I don't want them to win, but when they do, it is less annoying (i live overseas and know zero City fans).

Yeah but neutrals and casuals love them and they represent the 99,9% of football viewers.
Just check their instagram account, over 50 million followers.
Again, I've never met a neutral or casual fan who loves them.

I'm sure you're right about online social media followers, I just don't care as I don't interact with that world.

Again, I've never met a neutral of casual fan who loves them.

I'm sure you're right about online social media followers, I just don't care as I don't interact with that world.
Neutral fans are mostly African football experts to be fair. Who write stuff like we all know Manchester City is the best club that has ever existed and its an end of an argument.

Hypothetically what you're saying is true. City hypothetically doesn't need to live with their bad decisions. They haven't really made many bad decisions (at least not since Pep arrived, they obviously bought a whole slew of overpriced players in the first few years after the takeover), though, so it's more hypothetical than anything. What you're describing with sacking managers at first sight of poor performances, buying players and replacing them at once is actually a lot closer to how Chelsea have operated over the past 15 years than City. No club in the Premier League has gone through as many players and managers as Chelsea has over the past 15 years. So they have actually been doing exactly what you accuse City of being able to do. The only reason they haven't been able to perform as well on the pitch as City as because they've had much worse upper management (now obviously, City being as well run as they are is part of their cheating). And even so, until Pep's second season Chelsea was just as successful, and even more so than City.

What duds has City really had since the arrival of Pep that they moved on from fast? I'll give you Bravo obviously, Nolito didn't make any mark whatsoever, Danilo as well and then obviously Mendy was a terrible transfers all things considered. Lately Kalvin Phillips hasn't lit the world on fire. But that's about it. The rest of the big transfers has worked out for them, they have all contributed considerably to their success during these years (even someone like Ferran Torres who only was there 18 months clearly did contribute and then sold for a considerable profit).

Bravo 18m
Nolito 18m
Sane 52m
Laporte 65
Mendy 57
Danilo 30
Cancel 65
Torres 35
Grealish 115
Philips 50
Nunes 62

570 million for that lot. In addition why cap it at when Pep took over? It’s what they did to get themselves into a position where they can sign players with no consequence that made the bigger difference. It didn’t matter that this lot didn’t work out because they just discarded them and signed the next one. Prior to Pep they did that on an even bigger scale. In fact we don’t even know the scale.

You kid yourself thinking their achievements don’t matter. See you in a decade.

This seems to be the popular new line that is emerging, but the reality is that unless they are proven to be found innocent of these charges then their current 'achievements' will be forever tainted by most everyday fans.

It's the media that are helping with this notion that what they are doing right now whilst been accused of such serious charges is somehow all ok. They should be doing the exact opposite of what they are doing, ie actually talking about it properly on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Bravo 18m
Nolito 18m
Sane 52m
Laporte 65

Mendy 57
Danilo 30
Cancel 65
Torres 35
Grealish 115

Philips 50
Nunes 62

570 million for that lot. In addition why cap it at when Pep took over? It’s what they did to get themselves into a position where they can sign players with no consequence that made the bigger difference. It didn’t matter that this lot didn’t work out because they just discarded them and signed the next one. Prior to Pep they did that on an even bigger scale. In fact we don’t even know the scale.

:confused: who says the bolded didn't work out?

Sane and Laporte were successes. Cancelo too. Torres did well before being sold for a profit. Grealish was overpriced but is an important player in the squad. Too early to judge Nunes.

Bravo 18m
Nolito 18m
Sane 52m
Laporte 65
Mendy 57
Danilo 30
Cancel 65
Torres 35
Grealish 115
Philips 50
Nunes 62
Sane, Laporte, Cancelo and Grealish all clearly have been major part of their succes over the past 7 year, hardly players they've just moved on from. Torres was bought as a youngster and sold for a considerable profit 18 months later having already contributed to a league win. The jury is out on Nunes, and all the other players I mentioned.

People can keep saying City doesn’t matter but as their achievements and records grow so will media coverage, public opinion and hence stature in the game. I used to feel this way but the CL win has given them a different sort of reach and appeal as will 4 PL in a row.

So true.

I live in the midlands and I never saw a Man City fan down here when I was growing up, now most of the kids I see are either wearing City or Liverpool shirts.

People who make the fickle decision to 'support' them will also abandon ship when they have to follow them in League One.

The difference is that all of those teams have to live with their bad spending decisions, and the likes of Barca have pulled every lever imaginable to stay afloat due to them. Chelsea’s decisions have hurt them so much they’ve had to accept a manager having them as a mid table team for an entire season. The players are playing regardless of their performances, whilst Jack Grealish can be another in a long line of players just unfancied for weeks or months, in the case of Stones, seasons because they don’t have to live with their “misses”.
United keep managers on until they miss CL football, to make it cheaper to sack.

That’s the difference with an oil state, it’s a bottomless pit and you’re beyond naive if you don’t see massive domination from a state with a bottomless pit of money.

Their rise to domination was inevitable, like nothing we’ve ever seen before but 100% inevitable due to their financial strength; so why on Earth would they suddenly not be inevitable when they are a fecking oil state, playing a game against businesses.

This. We need to keep making this point over and over again because people will forget in time.

The comparison I like to use is that of a billionaire "entrepreneur" vs a self-made businessperson.

The billionaire entrepreneur can take more risks, they can use their family connections, they can run at break even or even a loss for long periods, they can spend huge money upfront on the best PR or the best tools or the best location or the best marketing etc...they can pay over the odds for the best staff.

The self-made person has to get their decisions correct or they go bust, and they have to do that from their first day in business. They have to build gradually over time, making do with less than ideal situations until they can afford to invest.

It's also worth pointing out that City spent the bulk of their cash over a decade ago. So of course, when you compare net spend now over a long period of time, they don't look too awful overall.

However, let's say FFP wasn't a thing and the Saudi's wanted to have Newcastle challenging for a title in three or four seasons...how much would that cost in todays' market? £2BN? £3BN? When City were throwing cash around £30m was still a huge transfer fee.

Is there any suggestion of what's actually.going to happen here? Has anybody heard or read anything from experts on it or is everyone afraid to offer commentary given the legal firepower City have?

Again, I've never met a neutral or casual fan who loves them.

I agree, pretty much all my "neutral" friends over here in Germany despise City, mainly because of what they represent. They don't particularly like Manchester United either, for them it's the "Bayern of England". Weirdly enough no one cares if I point out that Liverpool has as many league title as we have and it's not really comparable. Most of them favour Liverpool because of Klopp, one is rooting for Arsenal for reasons I can't really explain but I think they all pretty much despise City.

It's a small sample though, I admit.

It's also worth pointing out that City spent the bulk of their cash over a decade ago. So of course, when you compare net spend now over a long period of time, they don't look too awful overall.

Net spend is also misleading as City have built and spent massive sums on infrastructure and an academy that no other regular club could possibly compete with. Only an oil state could afford it and it’s now giving them a conveyor belt of young talent to sell off.

Then there’s the money paid to everyone behind the scenes and to get them all from Barca to City and stay for a decade, that tells you it’s mega money. There’s just so many things they have done and continue to do that no regular football club could ever hope to compete with.
As I say, it’s simple really, regular football businesses are competing against the Abu Dhabi football project.

If they aren’t punished they will dominate for as long as they feel interested in doing so.

It's a complete joke these days that governing bodies don't have the balls to make a decision.

Cheating cnuts they are.

Two trebles in a row for these cheating fecks is just making a mockery of the sport. Time for the governing bodies to do something and give football it's soul back.

They will bottle the charges, or it will make their 'best league in the world' moniker look ridiculous. Better to sweep all the cheating under the rug.

Does anybody praise Juventus for the titles they won when they cheated?

Or do they remember that the titles were stripped away from them, they were relegated to Serie B and are still associated with a cheating scandal from almost 20 years ago?

And that was match fixing over a couple of seasons!

They will bottle the charges, or it will make their 'best league in the world' moniker look ridiculous. Better to sweep all the cheating under the rug.
They’ve already started the motion of moving towards a monetary fine rather than points penalty . City will end up paying an absolutely mega fine but have no real consequences and the narrative about the size of the fine in the media will be that it’s unprecedented and probably far too harsh. City will moan that they can’t appeal and it’s a travesty and in return their pressure and the pressure from client journalists in the media will ensure that the EPL come out and confirm that the extraordinary fine will not be counted on their accounts against their future FFP targets.

Or do they remember that the titles were stripped away from them, they were relegated to Serie B and are still associated with a cheating scandal from almost 20 years ago?

They didn't have the immense funds or global PR outreach that City has. Plus City has been excellent at selling themselves in non-core football countries and amongst people new to the game. Go and read the comments section of a new age site like the Athletic and City is lauded to the heavens and beyond the nearest galaxy as the way football should be managed and played.

They’ve already started the motion of moving towards a monetary fine rather than points penalty . City will end up paying an absolutely mega fine but have no real consequences and the narrative about the size of the fine in the media will be that it’s unprecedented and probably far too harsh. City will moan that they can’t appeal and it’s a travesty and in return their pressure and the pressure from client journalists in the media will ensure that the EPL come out and confirm that the extraordinary fine will not be counted on their accounts against their future FFP targets.

Have you actually seen any evidence of journalists being paid (assuming that is what is meant by ‘client journalists in the media’)? Or isn’t just an assumption because you think it doesn’t get as much column inches as a story of that size should?

The thing with big conspiracies of silence is that they inevitably fail, it only takes one whistleblower out of the hundreds of UK based sports journalists and publications.

Juventus were relegated, Rangers were relegated (which was such an enormous deal for scottish football). There's plenty of examples, the PL will just bottle it though and I wouldnt be surprised if there's corruption behind it

Yeah but there's some powerful interests represented here against City.

Even on a very basic level, what will UEFA make of it if the Premier League doesn't impose the rules? English clubs might be frightened of speaking out against City in public but I guarantee Bayern, Barcelona, Real etc...won't stay quiet now they have started dominating the CL too.

People who make the fickle decision to 'support' them will also abandon ship when they have to follow them in League One.
Sure but this moral stance has no meaning until they get penalised (if they do). Till then they keep growing as a football club while we somehow keep shrinking. This idea that it doesn’t matter doesn’t reflect reality.

They didn't have the immense funds or global PR outreach that City has. Plus City has been excellent at selling themselves in non-core football countries and amongst people new to the game. Go and read the comments section of a new age site like the Athletic and City is lauded to the heavens and beyond the nearest galaxy as the way football should be managed and played.

Unlike dreams, Bots can be buy.

It's starting to feel all too mechanical now. It's almost as if City has turned into an AI/computer generated team, and it's now whether humans can defeat them - a bit like playing a computer game or chess on the hardest setting. If you beat the computer, well done. If not, well it doesn't really matter.