City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

The PL had the chance to sweep it under the carpet. They could have easily announced a fine for financial irregularities and it would have been largely forgotten about by now.

Announcing, in the way they did, such a huge number of charges, doesn't leave them any room to just let it slide cheaply. And there's no way they announce those charges without some very good evidence.

City's legal shennanigans might delay the outcome, but will only do themselves more harm in the long run.

Pretty certain the reason it'll drag out 5 years, is that city will challenge it in court every step of the way and can afford the best lawyers...

Still think relegation will be handed down.

What should happen is a team level salary cap replacing the financial "fair" play regulations and a debate over what kind of league and structure for football we want.

The PL can't just relegate, they can either expel them from the PL.

Or they can give them a huge points deduction that makes relegation a certainty.

It gets glossed over and just accepted as the way things are but it really ain’t right.

We're all using City as a tool to stop our rivals. Them getting a treble doesn't change that, nothing real about it anyway. Let them get one.

We're all using City as a tool to stop our rivals. Them getting a treble doesn't change that, nothing real about it anyway. Let them get one.

This is basically how I have seen it. Sure you are pleased they have stopped United adding 2/3 trophies as I am pleased they stopped Klopp's Liverpool from dominating.

Nothing they do counts because of their consistent and demonstrable cheating

For BBC and ITV to manage to not even mention it or their owners while journeying through their rise to success is just incredible cowardice. All in the pockets of Mansour. It's a propaganda machine that only works with a media this malleable. All the pundits, simon stone, you name them - all complicit cowards

For BBC and ITV to manage to not even mention it or their owners while journeying through their rise to success is just incredible cowardice. All in the pockets of Mansour. It's a propaganda machine that only works with a media this malleable. All the pundits, simon stone, you name them - all complicit cowards
nothing will happen to City, too big to get punished now, too far gone. A small fine, slap on the wrist, that's it

The most sickening part is the punditry wankfest over them.

That was particularly evident on the ITV coverage. Lee Dixon was performing extreme mental gymnastics to explain why the penalty wasn’t a penalty, to the point he claimed Grealish’s arm was moving down as the video replay clearly showed it moving up. He never made a peep about the incident throwing something from the crowd after the penalty and then when Haaland hit Varane in the head it was an example of Varane taking one for the team. No outcry over Haaland. It’s a parody now.

If these don't get punished then we may as well feck off and find another sport to follow because there will be no hope anymore I'm afraid.

nothing will happen to City, too big to get punished now, too far gone. A small fine, slap on the wrist, that's it

I know it. In nobodys interest to punish them where the money making machine is concerned. Ruined sport, aided and abetted by media

It’s weird how little it’s mentioned.

almost choked when both bbc and itv described the 2011 cup semi final as the 'turning point' in the manchester balance of power. Eh no, that would be when the murderous dictator regime took over and pumped one of the clubs with dirty money.

Sooner they are punished for their blatant cheating the better.
The fact they are so smug and believe they’ve done no wrong is the worst part.
Knock them out of existence

I think what's awful about Chelsea and City is that they raised the bar for everyone else, in terms of squad building and transfer prices.

Yes, City stopped Liverpool from dominating, but would Liverpool have built such a dominant team if City didn't exist? City's presence also systematically weakened other teams in the league

Arsenal - Toure, Nasri, Clichy, Sanga, Adebayor
Everton- Stones, Lescott, Barry (did he come from Everton or go there afterwards?)
Liverpool - Sterling

Sure those players may have gone elsewhere, but for me it isn't as simple as saying the club that finished second gets the premier league trophy. What about the clubs who were relegated that City smashed? What about the ones who managed to beat City and survived?

City's takeover should never have been allowed to happen but it's too late to cry over spilt milk.

It makes me sick that now we will also have Newcastle as the media's golden team and amazing rise to success.

Sooner they are punished for their blatant cheating the better.
The fact they are so smug and believe they’ve done no wrong is the worst part.
Knock them out of existence

Their fanbase as a whole seem to have the same thing as the right of American politics has on the go in a way, a sort of 'owning the libs' being victory.

I see them as smug whilst knowing they're in the wrong, that 'Pannick on the streets of London' banner... Just think they're untouchable and are happy to feel like they're winding people up. Money talks so probably are correct too sadly.

Meanwhile, in the Takeover thread, folks are willing a Qatari takeover.

It's a little different though isn't it?

Citeh, never in a million years would ever be this dominant without their sugar daddy. Their owner has to invent fake companies to sponsor them so they can plow their team with tonnes of dodgy cash. Then lies about it.

But United, in spite of our horrible owners, are still able to spend OUR OWN cash that we generate. All we need is an owner that doesn't take money out of the club, clear our debt and improve our stadium/facilities. That's it. We don't need to be artificially inflated.

It's a little different though isn't it?

Citeh, never in a million years would ever be this dominant without their sugar daddy. Their owner has to invent fake companies to sponsor them so they can plow their team with tonnes of dodgy cash. Then lies about it.

But United, in spite of our horrible owners, are still able to spend OUR OWN cash that we generate. All we need is an owner that doesn't take money out of the club, clear our debt and improve our stadium/facilities. That's it. We don't need to be artificially inflated.
Agreed which is why we dont need Qatar.

IMO, both offers seem shite (but both infinity times better than the Glazers retaining control)

Can you really be surprised people want Qatar though. The way city are allowed to crack on and dodge the laws just makes you lose faith in the whole thing. Sends the message that it’s all okay

The Qatar takeover is exactly what this club needs, Shiekh Jassim is the only one who will get rid of the leaches and has the funds required for the debt and refurbishment of the Stadium and training ground.

All said proudly as we enter the month of Pride. Bravo to your scruples.

There’s plenty of valid reasons against it but this isn’t one of them. The club just need to be able to spend their own money without massive amounts being taken out. United wouldn’t need to cook any books because United doesn’t need more money coming in for that. Any transfer funds would still be from within the club.

That was particularly evident on the ITV coverage. Lee Dixon was performing extreme mental gymnastics to explain why the penalty wasn’t a penalty, to the point he claimed Grealish’s arm was moving down as the video replay clearly showed it moving up. He never made a peep about the incident throwing something from the crowd after the penalty and then when Haaland hit Varane in the head it was an example of Varane taking one for the team. No outcry over Haaland. It’s a parody now.

How was that not penalised?

@Tender Teacher

So you think that if you don't agree with a rule or law, you shouldn't have to abide by it?

Any chance you could let us know which school you teach at so we can avoid sending our kids there? Thanks Sir/Miss.
Depends. Would you apply your principle to 1940’s Germany?

Well both things are the problem .
The very nature of FFP aids the status quo and benefits the traditional Big Clubs .

But having said that once the rules are in place it's imperative they are enforced and if clubs have issues with them then create a dialogue around them and get enough support to get them changed rather then make compete mockery of them but it's easier said than done to be honest .
The issue is that there’s a growing cartel of American-owned or influenced clubs whose primary motivator is profit. They are using their strength in numbers to limit the amount more benevolent owners can invest into their clubs, thus reducing their own costs to increase margins.

No amount of logical reasoning nor dialogue can alter their primary motivation.

I don't want to add to the pile on or anything mate but this is quite the hot take. Mob rule is literally just a cruder term for democracy, which is how we (most of us?) all have to live our lives. This is a bit like saying I voted against a specific government so I should not have to abide by their policies.
Even then, there’s supposed to be checks and balances on democracies to avoid situations of the minority being oppressed by the majority. Obviously at the state level you have constitutions which set out the fundamental rights of citizens and the limitations on government power (albeit the UK is one of the very few democracies that doesn’t have one).

In this instance, I would argue that the freedom to invest (within reason) in your own football club to make it more competitive should be a fundamental right.

Depends. Would you apply your principle to 1940’s Germany?

The issue is that there’s a growing cartel of American-owned or influenced clubs whose primary motivator is profit. They are using their strength in numbers to limit the amount more benevolent owners can invest into their clubs, thus reducing their own costs to increase margins.

No amount of logical reasoning nor dialogue can alter their primary motivation.

Even then, there’s supposed to be checks and balances on democracies to avoid situations of the minority being oppressed by the majority. Obviously at the state level you have constitutions which set out the fundamental rights of citizens and the limitations on government power (albeit the UK is one of the very few democracies that doesn’t have one).

In this instance, I would argue that the freedom to invest (within reason) in your own football club to make it more competitive should be a fundamental right.

WTF?
How are you even still allowed on this forum after your previous?!
I seriously hope your ‘club’ which has no tradition in the normal sense of the word, is wiped out of existence.
Smug with no right to be is not a good look

I won’t fuss too much about todays defeat. I’ll laugh and laugh when the PL drops the hammer on them. Wonder if they’ll think it’s all worth it then?

I won’t fuss too much about todays defeat. I’ll laugh and laugh when the PL drops the hammer on them. Wonder if they’ll think it’s all worth it then?

It won’t have been worth it.
City have fekked any kind of fair play, but I do feel bad for the genuine fans that have got caught up in the whole washing experience.
Football has become pointless in a sense because 1 team has taken the absolute piss out of the rules.