Chelsea 2024/25

This was the point I was making last week, Chelsea signing endless attacking players still.

Show some actual faith in players like Madueke and he'll deliver more performances like today.

This was the point I was making last week, Chelsea signing endless attacking players still.

Show some actual faith in players like Madueke and he'll deliver more performances like today.
Neto seems to have been signed as Mudryk insurance at LW - especially as Sterling is the guy being pushed out. Looks like this year the plan is Palmer + Madueke at RW - maybe Neto there in an emergency. Next summer is the bigger challenge with Estevao coming in.

Very good attacking football, which reflects well on their new manager. They look a bit shaky at the back, but still impressive.

What's the story with that self reported investigation? Likely to result in a transfer ban, points deduction, or both?

Would in some way explain Chelsea's decisions re new manager and signings if the board know something is coming down the tracks.

We really, really missed Lavia’s control and class on the ball in that first half for sure. But Maresca has already done wonders for our attacking play. Clear patterns, MUCH quicker on the ball, one touch play already clicking. And Cole Palmer looks even more special when he’s more central like this.

Get Lavia back, settle the defense down a bit, and we can be a very good side.

OK so honest question, what's the plan with their squad? 4 attacking spots. Madueke, Neto, Felix, Jackson, Palmer, Nkunku, Mudryk. Who plays where? And yes I'm well aware that there are a lot of games to play and rotation is needed but still, all 7 of these players were signed in the last 2 years. There is no established starter bar Palmer. Just seems an overkill and they will face the same problems we had Ehen we had Cavani, Ronaldo, Sancho, Rashford, Martial Greenwood and Mata. A bloated squad is just terrible for any dressing room.

What's the story with that self reported investigation? Likely to result in a transfer ban, points deduction, or both?

Would in some way explain Chelsea's decisions re new manager and signings if the board know something is coming down the tracks.

Im hearing transfer ban

OK so honest question, what's the plan with their squad? 4 attacking spots. Madueke, Neto, Felix, Jackson, Palmer, Nkunku, Mudryk. Who plays where? And yes I'm well aware that there are a lot of games to play and rotation is needed but still, all 7 of these players were signed in the last 2 years. There is no established starter bar Palmer. Just seems an overkill and they will face the same problems we had Ehen we had Cavani, Ronaldo, Sancho, Rashford, Martial Greenwood and Mata. A bloated squad is just terrible for any dressing room.
Tbf, that’s a much better problem to have then to be bereft of any quality or depth. Imagine Mudryk will ultimately move on soon enough and Felix will be a square peg in a round hole.

And people said it won't start to even out eventually.

Great finishing from Madueke with both feet, pretty much closes the door to him being sold I would think. Palmer looking class as well. We'll likely concede a lot of goals again this season but it ain't going to be boring!

4 wingers, 2 10s and a 9. Its not the issue one imagines unless the manager doesn't believe in nor practice rotation at all.

The more Noni trusts his right foot, the better he becomes.

They still had such hiccups, but you can see the style really bedding in.

I personally thought both the actions that led to goals were started by by rather obvious uncalled fouls. Wolves should have been a man down. But set piece defense is something we will really need to clean up.

Why does Caicedo start every game so rusty at the beginning of seasons?

Robbie Earle talking about how good this team could be and how young they are… Robbie Mustoe literally looked down at his desk frustrated and angry. The sheer amount people have invested in hoping Chelsea fail is amazing.

The more Noni trusts his right foot, the better he becomes.

They still had such hiccups, but you can see the style really bedding in.

I personally thought both the actions that led to goals were started by by rather obvious uncalled fouls. Wolves should have been a man down. But set piece defense is something we will really need to clean up.

Why does Caicedo start every game so rusty at the beginning of seasons?

Robbie Earle talking about how good this team could be and how young they are… Robbie Mustoe literally looked down at his desk frustrated and angry. The sheer amount people have invested in hoping Chelsea fail is amazing.
To be fair, I think that sentiment (wanting them to fail) is less of a "I just hate Chelsea" and more of a "I hate how they operate".

I mean that for the average fan. Am sure for plenty it's personal.

There is a large issue with the investigation in my opinion:
Clearlake’s lawyers and people said there “may” have been improper payments made primarily based on the assumption that “football related payments” would have to be associated with Chelsea.

But the investigation has found that Roman secretly owned Vitesse and was heavily involved in investment ownership in Russian clubs as well. The money sent to the Anzhi owner coincided with other investments, and were nearly half a year prior to the purchases people are trying to tie them to.

You haven’t have direct proof the money was a violation by Chelsea, not just Roman.

There is also the fact the PL still hasn’t honored the hardship allowances promised at time of sale due to the unprecedented step of completely shutting down the team and forcing them to lose players like Rudiger for free.

I think half the Chelsea fanbase just wants a transfer ban … that’s why you see the response so much.

I remember watching Chelsea attacking at times last season, and thinking that at times they transition well with pace, and can look very good on the counter when it all clicks, I'm thinking the games against City amongst others.

Then other times you watch them, and its like watching a different team. They were so Jekyll and Hyde. Even the 2 games this season has been like that.

What Maresca needs to do is sort that inconsistency, and try and get much more performances of the level of today. The talent is there. It's getting it out them on a regular basis that's the issue..

We beat Wolves. I'm not going to get carried away here but we're going to win the mother fecking treble.

The contrast between what Pochetino was doing and what Maresca can is staggering.
It's night and day. Poch is and always has been a reactive manager who thrives in chaos and transition - it's why he's a good cup manager and a poor league manager. Maresca is probably a worse manager right now but the ceiling for a team built and trained by him is much higher - and if you had to pick one of the two to mould young players for the modern game it's not even a contest.

Great win for them but they weren't as dominant as the scoreline suggests. It's weird that they struggle to dominate games despite having amazing midfield options on paper.

We beat Wolves. I'm not going to get carried away here but we're going to win the mother fecking treble.
I know you’re joking, but you literally can’t win the treble.

I don't know how the rest of the season goes for them but what I do know is that Chelsea have scored more goals today than we will score in the next 4 games.