Chelsea 2023/24 season thread.

Fro the squad number nerds...

No number 4 or 9.

Mudryk taking 10 and Colwill JTs old number.

Chelsea’s 2023/24 squad numbers in full
1 - Kepa Arrizabalaga
2 - Axel Disasi
3 - Marc Cucurella
5 - Benoit Badiashile
6 - Thiago Silva
7 - Raheem Sterling
8 - Enzo Fernandez
10 - Mykhailo Mudryk
11 - Noni Madueke
13 - Marcus Bettinelli
14 - Trevoh Chalobah
15 - Nicolas Jackson
16 - Lesley Ugochukwu
17 - Carney Chukwuemeka
18 - Christopher Nkunku
19 - Armando Broja
20 - Andrey Santos
21 - Ben Chilwell
23 - Conor Gallagher
24 - Reece James
26 - Levi Colwill
27 - Malo Gusto
29 - Ian Maatsen
31 - Robert Sanchez
33 - Wesley Fofana
37 - Mason Burstow
47 - Lucas Bergstrom
50 - Eddie Beach
67 - Lewis Hall

Enzo moving to 8 leaves the 4 open for Caicedo :wenger:

Enzo moving to 8 leaves the 4 open for Caicedo :wenger:

Enzo wore 5 last season though. It was Badiashile who had 4.

Interesting bit of that number list is the new boy Ugochukwu getting the number 16 shirt. If he was heading on loan wouldn't it make more sense to just not give him a number at all, or at least stick with the higher number mainly reserved for the youngsters? For example the other new boy Angelo didn't get a number.

Enzo wore 5 last season though. It was Badiashile who had 4.

Interesting bit of that number list is the new boy Ugochukwu getting the number 16 shirt. If he was heading on loan wouldn't it make more sense to just not give him a number at all, or at least stick with the higher number mainly reserved for the youngsters? For example the other new boy Angelo didn't get a number.
He has physical attributes. And got plenty of first team experience compared to other choices in the squad. Have good aerial ability and strong in tackles. Won't be surprised if he stays.

Chelsea being investigated for offshore payments according to The Times.

When the takeover happened, £100 mil was taken off the purchase price and was set aside to pay for fines arising out of stuff like the above and the new regime self-reported a ton of questionable shit.

When the takeover happened, £100 mil was taken off the purchase price and was set aside to pay for fines arising out of stuff like the above and the new regime self-reported a ton of questionable shit.
Points deduction then

That's like me buying a car and getting punished because the previous owner broke the speed limit in it 5 years ago!
No it’s not. The rules were broken and just because you changed ownership doesn’t change that.

throw chelsea in with the nonces.

It's only the start of the story.
Your car analogy doesn’t work. It’s more like an F1 Team broke the rules in a season then gets purchased by someone else. The penalty incurred should absolutely stand regardless of the owner.

Your car analogy doesn’t work. It’s more like an F1 Team broke the rules in a season then gets purchased by someone else. The penalty incurred should absolutely stand regardless of the owner.

If you think the new owners won't face a far less punishment (than if Roman was still in charge) then I would question your sanity.

We'll see I guess. At the moment it's just an investigation.

I remember when Chelsea fans used to say there was nothing dodgy at all about their dealing under Roman and it was all conspiracy theories. Of course, an investigation is only now happening well after he sold the club.

I remember when Chelsea fans used to say there was nothing dodgy at all about their dealing under Roman and it was all conspiracy theories. Of course, an investigation is only now happening well after he sold the club.

The new ownership self-reported a load of stuff done by Roman and Co. We recently got a fine from UEFA for FFP stuff (as did Man United by the way).

I genuinely don't get this Infinite Athlete thing.

They apparently were a sports focused tech startup called Tempus Ex Machina that just rebranded yesterday after buying another small startup focused on injury analytics called Biocore.

Tempus Ex Machina has an estimated $15m in annual revenue and 103 employees. How the feck can a company like that be a shirt sponsor? Maybe they are paying Chelsea in services rather than money or something? The club could probably use that injury analytics part...

If you think the new owners won't face a far less punishment (than if Roman was still in charge) then I would question your sanity.

We'll see I guess. At the moment it's just an investigation.
It’s not the owners being punished it’s the club for breaking the rules.

They apparently were a sports focused tech startup called Tempus Ex Machina that just rebranded yesterday after buying another small startup focused on injury analytics called Biocore.

Tempus Ex Machina has an estimated $15m in annual revenue and 103 employees. How the feck can a company like that be a shirt sponsor? Maybe they are paying Chelsea in services rather than money or something? The club could probably use that injury analytics part...
They’re paying 50m for one year apparently. The same as our shirt sponsor deal. It’ll definitely be above board though.

Is it absolutely them (I genuinely dont know)?

I mean, regardless of who is liable or whatever, this is not a good look for Chelsea at all is it? Surely casts a shadow over their achievements under Abramovich for the era in question?

I mean, regardless of who is liable or whatever, this is not a good look for Chelsea at all is it? Surely casts a shadow over their achievements under Abramovich for the era in question?

We literally got fined for FFP stuff a few weeks ago.

It's all under a shadow at loads of clubs for donkeys years, always has been.

I do agree that this chelsea squad is perfect for Pochettino to take over and implement his philosophy, but a lot of their signings address a long term project, while not fixing glaring issue to the first team squad.

The type of project and recruitment being done, seems like Chelsea owner do not want immediate success. If that is the case, the fans and Chelsea board should have patience with regards to Pochettino challenging for a title. Getting players like Caceido, Adam's, vlahovic and olise would address some of the glaring issue though, although not my pick.

I believe they need Caicedo, lavia, cherki and felix

Last edited:
The new ownership self-reported a load of stuff done by Roman and Co. We recently got a fine from UEFA for FFP stuff (as did Man United by the way).

That's just to keep them off the scent of the shit they are doing currently.

We literally got fined for FFP stuff a few weeks ago.

It's all under a shadow at loads of clubs for donkeys years, always has been.

Ah, that's ok then. Just pay a token fine and move on then.

No idea. That's all I can find on the company.
Don't know but endeavor and silverlake invested in them recently. Silverlake have assets worth 98BN and endeavor UFC and WWE owners. So to get exposure by sponsoring pl club not bad idea from their perspective. Jurasek is bringing the deal to club. And don't worry pl will thoroughly check it.