Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple for me, put pride and ego aside and hope Liverpool win. What city are doing this season is stupid. They are walking over teams lile they don't care and have pretty much destroyed fun in the season. Having said this, city will probably win 3 1

Why though? We are favourites for second spot and City are our rivals as much as Liverpool. If it was the other way round I would want City to beat them, but the situation of an unbeaten season for the noisy neighbours is almost as unbearable as Liverpool winning the league.
Look at the decking points, Liverpool are right on our ass and spurs/Kane are gaining momentum too. It’s just as conceivable that we drop out of top 4.

City will drop points somewhere. Wanting Liverpool to win this because city might go unbeaten is beyond madness

Seriously thinking of banning all you feckers if city lose today

Our league finishes since Fergie retired:
2013/14: 7th
2014/15: 4th
2015/16: 5th
2016/17: 6th

With Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs breathing down our necks and all three teams still to play, top four isn't anywhere near guaranteed with our record.

Thank feck for Sane.
I swear I am trying hard to understand the logic behind wanting to see Pool win but i can't. It just cannot fecking compute

Simple for me, put pride and ego aside and hope Liverpool win. What city are doing this season is stupid. They are walking over teams lile they don't care and have pretty much destroyed fun in the season. Having said this, city will probably win 3 1
More like put any sense aside.

Funny that, because the free-scoring wonder that is Man City were completely unable to score a legitimate goal against us. It took 2 defensive howlers to register their win.
So what? We also has not been able to score a proper goal. Only the one gifted to us by Delph.
If the game ended 0-0, it would still be pathetic. The kind of football that should be considered disgraceful for a club like United.

That's subjective based on personal feelings, I despise them equally myself.

City haven't won anything yet.

Since when were United afraid of the dippers? We're currently second for good reason, we're a better football team than they are.

That’s debatable at the moment

Look at the decking points, Liverpool are right on our ass and spurs/Kane are gaining momentum too. It’s just as conceivable that we drop out of top 4.

City will drop points somewhere. Wanting Liverpool to win this because city might go unbeaten is beyond madness

Seriously thinking of banning all you feckers if city lose today

That isn't the reason at all. Simply I live in hope that a defeat would spark a collapse for City allowing us another shot at the title. I give zero shites for their winning streak

I love United and want the absolute best for the club long before my hatred of Liverpool and City enter my mind.

That isn't the reason at all. Simply I live in hope that a defeat would spark a collapse for City allowing us another shot at the title. I give zero shites for their winning streak

I love United and want the absolute best for the club long before my hatred of Liverpool and City enter my mind.
I’m directing that at the multiple people who gave that as their reason

They cannot call you pessimistic that is for sure

After City, aren’t Liverpool on the next best unbeaten run in Europe? If they win this the confidence they will get from it will be huge.

Yeah, I was just thinking that I wish we would press like this when going up against City. They’ve been forced to resort loads of long balls, which shows they are fallible if you press with nouse and conviction.
And how many times have they lost the ball 3-4 meters away form their area? They are very lucky that Liverpool's attack is not exactly clicking. They had quite a few situation when it was 3on3 of 4on4.
As i've said, even if they lose, fans can hold their head high. While after our 0-0 at Anfield or loss against City any normal United fan would have felt embarrassed at best.

And like some of you, i am also lost to why one would want a Liverpool win. I mean, lets not get delusional, the first spot is long gone. The only objective United has right now in PL is to finish 2-3, both places gives you direct access to CL.
So in a way, from United table perspective we should be cheering City. But me, personally, i am more of "draw cheerer".

Maybe. I remember seeing a tweet that showed they were on a run of not losing for ages and ages. In the league at least.
Barcelona lost in the clasico

And like some of you, i am also lost to why one would want a Liverpool win. I mean, lets not get delusional, the first spot is long gone. The only objective United has right now in PL is to finish 2-3, both places gives you direct access to CL.
So in a way, from United table perspective we should be cheering City. But me, personally, i am more of "draw cheerer".

All top 4 places give you direct access to the CL.

So what? We also has not been able to score a proper goal. Only the one gifted to us by Delph.
If the game ended 0-0, it would still be pathetic. The kind of football that should be considered disgraceful for a club like United.

You cannot be a United fan.

Come on Liverpool, you can do this, and do the Prem a huge favour at the same time. I get it, City will win the Prem, but I really don't and can't take them doing it unbeaten.

Typical Liverpool. Last season they had a great record against the top 4 as well. It's the smaller teams they bottle it against.

Man City fuming that a Pep Guardiola team for the first time in months hasn't been given fouls for every time they've been touched ;)

Fair play they’ve been the better side.

Can’t help but wonder why no other team has managed to give City a proper game like this. Uniteds performance against them was fecking pathetic compared to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.