Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does no one believe that City losing this afternoon could spark a collapse on their part, allowing us another shot at the title?
No team has ever lost a lead of 15 points at this stage. We don't have the consistency at the moment to go on the winning run required to overtake them - and there is no sign they'll go on a collapse either.

City win > draw is my preference. Liverpool win doesn't even come into my thinking.

I want a 4-0 win for liverpool. Regarding PL title, its gone for sure..but it would be nice if City has a whopping loss. they sure are a good side but i am tired of hearing their laurels.

Does no one believe that City losing this afternoon could spark a collapse on their part, allowing us another shot at the title?
No chance. This is the hardest fixture they have left. The easier our path to top 4 the better.

Just a quick reminder of the table for the Liverpool fans on the last couple of pages:

yzbtmVR.png

You all really want it to be harder for us to finish in the top four? Win for Liverpool would put them level on points with us.

Though I hate Liverpool, I am actually pleased they are ahead against the invincible City. First 20 mins has proven, you attack city, and they are not all that.

Just a quick reminder of the table for the Liverpool fans on the last couple of pages:

yzbtmVR.png

You all really want it to be harder for us to finish in the top four? Win for Liverpool would put them level on points with us.
It’s insane how anyone could want Liverpool to win this.

yzbtmVR.png

Beyond belief some want City to lose.

I feel ashamed of myself but I celebrated that Liverpool goal and I really hope they win. Forget all this “harder to make top 4” crap. We are Man United and should not even be aiming for top 4, 2nd or bust.

But I really do not want City to go unbeaten this season. Unbeaten, whilst walking the league with the highest ever points tally will be sickening and City fans will be even more detestable.

No team has ever lost a lead of 15 points at this stage. We don't have the consistency at the moment to go on the winning run required to overtake them - and there is no sign they'll go on a collapse either.

City win > draw is my preference. Liverpool win doesn't even come into my thinking.

They haven't been tested in that regard. As United fans surely we have to take any chance we can get to claw ourselves back in to the title race.

A City loss to Liverpool on the same day we beat them to Sanchez' signature (a big if admitedlly) could spark something.

Or am I clutching at straws in my desperation?

yzbtmVR.png

Beyond belief some want City to lose.

Why though? We are favourites for second spot and City are our rivals as much as Liverpool. If it was the other way round I would want City to beat them, but the situation of an unbeaten season for the noisy neighbours is almost as unbearable as Liverpool winning the league.

Our next three league games:
Stoke (H)
Burnley (A)
Spurs (A)

Liverpool's three league games:
Man City (H) (this one)
Swansea (A)
Huddersfield Town (A)

Look at the fixtures. Burnley and Spurs will be tough for us. City are Liverpool's toughest game. If they win that, it is possible they'll be above us in the league after MD25.

Not really. Looking at the grand picture:

I find it really interesting to see how city in particular will cope with a high pressing, attacking outfit like Liverpool have been this past season.

Maybe the best way to beat City is to fight fire with fire?

Too often this season, teams have resorted to defending from the off - including us.

I just hope for the sakes of the EPL and ourselves that someone finds them (city) out....

I rarely say this but "come on Liverpool!"

I feel ashamed of myself but I celebrated that Liverpool goal and I really hope they win. Forget all this “harder to make top 4” crap. We are Man United and should not even be aiming for top 4, 2nd or bust.

But I really do not want City to go unbeaten this season. Unbeaten, whilst walking the league with the highest ever points tally will be sickening and City fans will be even more detestable.
Who gives a feck if they go unbeaten? If we don’t make the CL (which would effect us massively) will you say ‘at least City lost a game this season’? It’s crazy.

Why though? We are favourited for second spot and City are our rivals as much as Liverpool. If it was the other way round I would want City to beat them, but the situation of an unbeaten season for the noisy neighbours is almost as unbearable as Liverpool winning the league.
We've got a lot of tough games still to play. I don't want City to be unbeaten this season but I wouldn't want a top four rival to beat them. No guarantee we'll finish 2nd.

At the end of the season would you be happy if the top four was:
  1. Man City
  2. Chelsea
  3. Spurs
  4. Liverpool
  5. United
With Liverpool being 2 points above us just to gloat that Liverpool beat City?

Why though? We are favourites for second spot and City are our rivals as much as Liverpool. If it was the other way round I would want City to beat them, but the situation of an unbeaten season for the noisy neighbours is almost as unbearable as Liverpool winning the league.
I don’t give a shit what City do, they’ve won the league. I care about us. Why are we favourites for second spot? We’re only three points ahead of our nearest rivals including Liverpool. And no, Liverpool are much bigger rivals than City.

This really doesn’t need any explaining but I’m surprised so many of you do.

We've got a lot of tough games still to play. I don't want City to be unbeaten this season but I wouldn't want a top four rival to beat them. No guarantee we'll finish 2nd.

Thankfully someone is talking sense in this thread.

If Liverpool win this they'll be favourites for 2nd.

Those who want Liverpool, like Troopz would say "Are you mad ?".
We ain't catching City and Liverpool are a real danger, I'd have thought it to be really simple

A draw is the best result here. Or a city win. Would be a different story if 4 clubs weren't all within 3 points of each other fighting for the same 3 spots.

If we were 3-5 points behind City with a game in hand and Liverpool were 6+ points behind us I could maybe understand this but actively cheering Liverpool when City are 15 points ahead and Liverpool are just 3 behind (level on points if they win) is madness.

I want Liverpool to win because the thought of City winning the title unbeaten with the record points total, possibly even a treble or quadruple, would ruin football for me for life. It would be insurpassable. Nobody could ever recreate it, they would forever have the best footballing achievement tied to their name and I can't think of a more disgustingly corrupt path to take than the one they've taken.

They'll be immortalised through corruption and it's genuinely sickening that they haven't been cracked down on when a tiny club like City are able to blow billions, spending 200m on reserve players, whilst a giant club like Inter can't muster up 20m for Mkitaryan without breeching FFP.

I want Liverpool to win because the thought of City winning the title unbeaten with the record points total, possibly even a treble or quadruple, would ruin football for me for life. It would be insurpassable. Nobody could ever recreate it, they would forever have the best footballing achievement tied to their name and I can't think of a more disgustingly corrupt path to take than the one they've taken.

They'll be immortalised through corruption and it's genuinely sickening that they haven't been cracked down on when a tiny club like City are able to blow billions, spending 200m on reserve players, whilst a giant club like Inter can't muster up 20m for Mkitaryan without breeching FFP.
You must be very young then. If City win the league it almost doesn’t count for me, like the league skipped a season.

I don’t give a shit what City do, they’ve won the league. I care about us. Why are we favourites for second spot? We’re only three points ahead of our nearest rivals including Liverpool. And no, Liverpool are much bigger rivals than City.

That's subjective based on personal feelings, I despise them equally myself.

City haven't won anything yet.

Since when were United afraid of the dippers? We're currently second for good reason, we're a better football team than they are.

Not really. Looking at the grand picture:

I find it really interesting to see how city in particular will cope with a high pressing, attacking outfit like Liverpool have been this past season.

Maybe the best way to beat City is to fight fire with fire?

Too often this season, teams have resorted to defending from the off - including us.

I just hope for the sakes of the EPL and ourselves that someone finds them (city) out....

I rarely say this but "come on Liverpool!"
:lol: insane.

Yeah I think I want Liverpool to win. We'll finish ahead of Liverpool, not too worried about that, but this wanking over City is too much and I don't want them to go unbeaten and be seen as the best premier league side. This game is probably the biggest chance City will lose all season, since Liverpools style of play has the biggest chance to beat them in a one off game, and playing at Anfield. They already beat United and Chelsea away. So it's this or looking like they'll go unbeaten.

Liverpool also just lost Coutinho, they'll be the same inconsistent Liverpool and drop more points once the other competitions pick up again, and I'm confident of finishing above them.

Who gives a feck if they go unbeaten? If we don’t make the CL (which would effect us massively) will you say ‘at least City lost a game this season’? It’s crazy.

If Liverpool win this they'll be favourites for 2nd.

Ridiculous. Shows how far United have fallen for fans to be worried about even making top 4. Start worrying and aiming for top 4 every season and we start becoming like Arsenal.

Liverpool win today and we win tomorrow and we are still ahead of them anyway.

Anything but 2nd this season should be seen as a failure anyway after all the money spent, the great start we had, and sat 2nd for most of the season so far.

Say what you will, Piverpool has less points, they still might lose against City and maybe even by more than 1 goal, blah-blah-blah. But that is a real, proper way to play against the leader.
What we did at home, against City, that was just pathetic.

Ridiculous. Shows how far United have fallen for fans to be worried about even making top 4. Start worrying and aiming for top 4 every season and we start becoming like Arsenal.

Anything but 2nd this season should be seen as a failure anyway after all the money spent, the great start we had, and sat 2nd for most of the season so far.
What we fans feel has feck all to do with what the club is turning into (Arsenal according to you if we worry about trivial things).
We finished 5th last season and top4 isn't guaranteed at all.

Say what you will, Piverpool has less points, they still might lose against City and maybe even by more than 1 goal, blah-blah-blah. But that is a real, proper way to play against the leader.
Yeah, I was just thinking that I wish we would press like this when going up against City. They’ve been forced to resort loads of long balls, which shows they are fallible if you press with nouse and conviction.

How are these two things related? We’re worried because we’ve finished top four once since Fergie retired. Don’t know if you’ve been watching but we’re not that good mate. Certainly not good enough for us to confidently say we’re better than Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea when we’re only three points ahead of them with tough fixtures on the horizon. Any blips from our rivals are welcomed.

Funny that, because the free-scoring wonder that is Man City were completely unable to score a legitimate goal against us. It took 2 defensive howlers to register their win.

Our league finishes since Fergie retired:
2013/14: 7th
2014/15: 4th
2015/16: 5th
2016/17: 6th

With Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs breathing down our necks and all three teams still to play, top four isn't anywhere near guaranteed with our record.

Thank feck for Sane.

Status
Not open for further replies.