Champions League Quarter Finals (5th - 13th Apr)

Villarreal playing very well against Bayern. Creating chances and should be 2 up!

Real could be outsiders this year, look as good as anyone I’ve saw.
How does a team that won most of CL and known for upping their game in knock out stages end up being an outsider? I think too many fell for these whining posts of our Madrid residents here who were quite ridiculous in trying to convince everyone before the game that Chelsea are big big favorites :lol:

How does a team that won most of CL and known for upping their game in knock out stages end up being an outsider? I think too many fell for these whining posts of our Madrid residents here who were quite ridiculous in trying to convince everyone before the game that Chelsea are big big favorites :lol:
You had them as favourites over City and Liverpool before tonight?

As @giorno said, Chelsea's run last year to the CL deceived a lot of people.

The annoying thing is that same group of people will now overrate Real Madrid due to this win.

Chelsea only really need one goal and the tie's still in the balance. Real have been better than last year but aside from Benzema they haven't really done much.

Scousers going to get Villarreal in the semis? Really is their year.

Militao out, damn. That's bad

Also missing the second leg, really bad

Scrapping the away goals only thing keeping us in this. We're being outclassed in a very huge way.

He's a moments player. Pops up every now and again with a moment of brilliance, but he's pretty anonymous the rest of the time. I rarely see him be dangerous throughout an entire game.
This is true. Same of Mount, found out yet again in a big game.

I guess you didn't watch the latest el classico then.
That’s different though isn’t it a derby match that can go either way we’ve seen Liverpool beat United 4-0 at Old Trafford and United walk the league.

You had them as favourites over City and Liverpool before tonight?
It might sound like a hindsight but over City? Absolutely, every year in the last decade. I was always baffled by the odds given by bookies for City or PSG to win it. Champions League has proven for many years now it’s not an easy competition to win it without specific mentality and some history. Last season, this season, next season - Real is IMO more likely to lift the trophy than City. Liverpool is another story, Klopp is smarter than Pep, they’re motivated and have notable history.

Real could be outsiders this year, look as good as anyone I’ve saw.
City will likely take them out. Bayern the great hope to take Liverpool out are struggling against Villarreal.

It's looking like another all Premier league champions league final.

For me that goal is more on Rudiger than Mendy. Yes the pass is poor but Rudiger had tried to fecking nutmeg him. Just kick the ball into touch you massive idiot.

Exactly. City and Liverpool (and maybe Bayern) are the standard. Not Chelsea. They're closer to Arsenal than Liverpool ffs!
Didn’t say they weren’t, you two just imagining things now. I didn’t even mention Chelsea..

3-1 isn't the end of the world, if we can hold them to this scoreline.

It might sound like a hindsight but over City? Absolutely, every year in the last decade. I was always baffled by the odds given by bookies for City or PSG to win it. Champions League has proven for many years now it’s not an easy competition to win it without specific mentality and some history. Last season, this season, next season - Real is IMO more likely to lift the trophy than City. Liverpool is another story, Klopp is smarter than Pep, they’re motivated and have notable history.
Naw I wouldn’t say hindsight, I’d say bare face lies.

Yeah never really got the hype about him. Haven’t seen much of his game in Borussia though.

It's because he's American and we hype him up. He's very good in a counter attack style of play and he is at his best when he can go 1v1 against someone. He does tend to lose value as a player against low block teams.

City will likely take them out. Bayern the great hope to take Liverpool out are struggling against Villarreal.

It's looking like another all Premier league champions league final.
Wouldn't mind. It's rare to get the two best teams in the world in a CL final. Last time that happened was maybe 2014 i think. Before that have to go back to 2009...