Champions League Quarter Finals (5th - 13th Apr)

Lukaku is hilariously bad :lol:. I still think anyone that said he was world class should be banned from watching football.

It might sound like a hindsight but over City? Absolutely, every year in the last decade. I was always baffled by the odds given by bookies for City or PSG to win it. Champions League has proven for many years now it’s not an easy competition to win it without specific mentality and some history. Last season, this season, next season - Real is IMO more likely to lift the trophy than City. Liverpool is another story, Klopp is smarter than Pep, they’re motivated and have notable history.

This is absolute nonsense. Even with hindsight.

Mentality, history, that has jack shit to do with odds of winning a competition. Why aren't United and Ajax still in the competition? Did they not have enough mentality?

Lukaku remains the man for the big moment for the opposing team

Madrid haven't really adjusted to the Chelsea changes, allowing them to build some pressure.

This is absolute nonsense. Even with hindsight.

Mentality, history, that has jack shit to do with odds of winning a competition. Why aren't United and Ajax still in the competition? Did they not have enough mentality?
Yeah sure. The fact that Juve lost so many finals in a row had zero effect on them going into the last one that they also lost. United and Ajax aren’t in competition for a few reasons, including lack of players that have any kind of winners mentality and also the fact none of these clubs is currently a CL powerhouse - wins in the 70s count much less than in recent years.

Didn’t say they weren’t, you two just imagining things now. I didn’t even mention Chelsea..

Im agreeing with you that Real should not be classified as favorites based on this game. They are the top team in Spain (still some ways behind City and Liverpool) playing a team paces off the top in their own league.

When will people learn: this is Real Madrid's tournament. That's it.

No matter how pumped they get in La Liga (0-4 vs Barca), they ALWAYS perform in the CL.

Im agreeing with you that Real should not be classified as favorites based on this game. They are the top team in Spain (still some ways behind City and Liverpool) playing a team paces off the top in their own league.
Oh, okay then but I still think they’ve played well enough these past three games to warrant being mentioned in the discussion when many had them written off.

Bayern have 19 shots, 2 on target, 1 xG (vs Villareal's 1.29)

Drama queening about Liverpool's "inevitable" quadruple aside, they'll most likely pump Villareal in Munich next week