Champions League Quarter Finals (5th - 13th Apr)

i flicked between the liverpool and city games last night and i’m watching the chelsea game tonight. these teams play a different sport to us. we’re so far away, it’s unreal.
I have felt like that for most of the season. One of the reasons I hate watching those teams play.

When Lewa can't stat pad off is teammates he goes invincible. Benzema is on a different level.

It's easy to moan from behind a screen, I know, but why does this still so frequently happen in elite football?

a4EpE47.jpeg
Yeah, it's poor and probably partly a reflection of training to defend zonally, and less on traditional man-marking.

In their defence it's harder to mark a cut-back because you have to protect 360 degrees instead of the 180 when you've got an offside line to help you out.

Intensity is one thing. I understand it when players are in shitty condition or unprepared for constant running, pressing, fighting for the ball. But those inch perfect passes and crosses are making me mad - there’s no reason we’d be so far away technically.

i’m hoping it’s a case of wheedling out some bad apples. i have some hope that ole and rangnick are aligned on who that is and they’re shipped out, regardless of any financial loss, over the summer, and we start to look a new team next year.

It sounds like you’re on sky sports rugby mate.

ah you’re right. i don’t even have bt sport. turns out i’ve been watching masterchef.

i flicked between the liverpool and city games last night and i’m watching the chelsea game tonight. these teams play a different sport to us. we’re so far away, it’s unreal.
It’s a good game but Chelsea haven’t been great. I watched the pool game yesterday and Benfica had Liverpool on the back foot for large parts of the second half(Benfica basically ran out of steam trying to get a equaliser and then let in the third goal). City didn’t have a single shot in the first half.

Yeah we are shite atm but it’s really not a massive step up.

The defender did just enough on that Benzema chance, clipped his foot to stop a clean contact but not enough for a pen.

I think they're playing soccer

It’s a good game but Chelsea haven’t been great. I watched the pool game yesterday and Benfica had Liverpool on the back foot for large parts of the second half(Benfica basically ran out of steam trying to get a equaliser and then let in the third goal). City didn’t have a single shot in the first half.

Yeah we are shite atm but it’s really not a massive step up.

don’t get me wrong, none of them are unbeatable but the way they treat and use the ball is light years away from what we can produce.

Judging by this, will Bayern be any more likely to stop Liverpool?
If we continue like this Villarreal will have to stop Liverpool.

Can't remember when were this bad in attack the last time.
I feel it was a mistake to put Davies directly into the starting squad after he was out for 4 months.
Coman was also far better in the last weeks on the left side.

Maybe Nagelsmann did a Pep (doing something extraordinary in a CL knockout match) here

Starting to see it with Havertz. As a false 9 he’s actually pretty good

don’t get me wrong, none of them are unbeatable but the way they treat and use the ball is light years away from what we can produce.
Agree. I should have mentioned that the step up we’ll need make so we can match these teams will have to include a decent amount of new players.

Feck me I aged about 25 years in that half. Need to fix up. We can beat these.

If we continue like this Villarreal will have to stop Liverpool.

Can't remember when were this bad in attack the last time.
I feel it was a mistake to put Davies directly into the starting squad after he was out for 4 months.
Coman was also far better in the last weeks on the left side.

Maybe Nagelsmann did a Pep (doing something extraordinary in a CL knockout match) here
My feelings too, especially regarding Phonzie. I don't think he has beaten his man once tonight. Too many changes at once, at least that's the impression with all the passes going nowhere and players seemingly caught off guard with their teammates' positioning.

Villarreal have been excellent. How the feck did we beat them twice :lol:
Indeed, very impressing.
I saw the 2nd game against Juventus, so I'm not surprised.

How and why is this team only on 7th placed in the league?

Davies starts right away after a hear illness but wasn't allowed to travel to Canada for world cup celebrations.

Bayern can feck off.

But you can see why they are so successful. They are all about details and don't feck around.

I'm hoping for Goretzka or Sané for Davies. Coman switches to the left side, Gnabry right wing back and Goretzka/Sané next to or in front of Kimmich. So basically the exact system that worked really well the last few weeks.