Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 3: October 22-23

Barca waited years for this type of revenge. Fair play :lol:

Seeing as managers don’t last long: what EPL club do you see signing Flick?

I don't think I've seen Davies ever get ripped to shreds the way Yamal has done him today. Yet another incredible match from the guy

Not sure how much of this is on Kompany. They have a goalkeeper who can't pass the ball or make standard saves, a clown show at centre back, and have been on the receiving end of some brutally clinical play.

His tactics have been horrible. You can blame the CBs all you want but his ultra attacking tactics have left them exposed consistently.

All Barca have had to do is keep Lewa-Raf-Lamal forward and they've been in 4v3 situations, with Pedri or Fermin breaking forward, consistently.

This was his issue at Burnley as well, way to attacking without consideration of defensive shape and the same is happening now.

Ironically Bayern hadn’t played that badly although I do wonder whether Neuer might have been better placed to save a couple of the goals had he stayed closer to his line.

If I were Atletico I'd seriously consider parting ways with Simeone. Definition of a manager that has taken a club as far as he can. I get that there can be concern that there could be drop-off after him, but their spending and resources are up there with the biggest clubs every season, and for the most part Simeone is more than happy to be a distant third in the league and have done very little in the CL for almost 10 years now.

The way he brought Atletico back and especially his first title is an amazing achievment, but look at the state of Barcelona and how often Madrid doesn't bother in the league and you can ask genuine questions if his two titles are a good enough haul

De Jong adds that little bit of maturity, bite and tackling ability Barca do miss in midfield without him. They can be a bit easy to play through otherwise.

I dont think we were 3 goals worse, Raphinha just buried every chance that Gnabry, Coman and Sané missed or didnt even take but of course Barca is the well deserved winner.

Flick took the existing tiki taka and added his physicality and intensity and created a monster.

Congrats to the cules on here.

I dont think we were 3 goals worse, Raphinha just buried every chance that Gnabry, Coman and Sané missed or didnt even take but of course Barca is the well deserved winner.

Flick took the existing tiki taka and added his physicality and intensity and created a monster.

And they also are very good at defending with a high line

Pretty much equal on xG as well but yea Barca looked the much better team. Everytime they went on an attack it seemed they would score, way too naive from Kompany.

Good and deserved win by Feyenoord. Reality check for Benfica. Delusional since Atletico Madrid win.

His tactics have been horrible. You can blame the CBs all you want but his ultra attacking tactics have left them exposed consistently.

All Barca have had to do is keep Lewa-Raf-Lamal forward and they've been in 4v3 situations, with Pedri or Fermin breaking forward, consistently.

This was his issue at Burnley as well, way to attacking without consideration of defensive shape and the same is happening now.
And funnily enough didn't do that well in attack.